Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Cardboard Cut-Outs of Earles and McNeil at Hi-Tone Wed Night 12/26
Posted: Dec 25, 2007 12:29 am

Andrew Earles and Dale McNeil will be DJ'ing and performing some type of entertaining nonsense Wednesday night at the Hi-Tone. Make sure those stomach needles are on ZERO, as we may even serve "leftovers" to some lucky patrons. We promise to be there, or at least send some stunt doubles in our place.

If you pay attention, at least four minutes will be funny, and if you don't pay attention, I will stick a taser to your neck and force-feed you stale stuffing. JK. Maybe. Ok, just kidding. IT WILL ALL BE FUNNY.

THE EARLES AND MCNEIL VARIETY SHOW FINALLY HAPPENS!!!!

PEOPLE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT IT FOR MONTHS!!!!

THE HI-TONE, MEMPHIS TN, WEDNESDAY NIGHT, 12/26, STARTS BETWEEN 9P AND 10P. THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS!!!

YOU'LL BE WAKING UP THIURSDAY MORNING, PACKING A MIND-SHATTERING HANGOVER IN FRONT OF THOSE LINGERING RELATIVES!!! THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!!!
Posted: Dec 25, 2007 8:24 pm

PEOPLE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT IT FOR MONTHS!!!!

If by people you mean nobody.
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 3:30 pm

Nelson Muntz strikes again.
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 10:39 pm

tonight!
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 3:28 am

In an hour!
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 3:54 pm

We had approx 100% more people than I'd predicted would show up!! This is good, as I played almost the exact set as last time....when no one showed up. Thanks for coming out!! I had a great time. Trivia question prizes included a circa-1994 Jägermeister logo Soul Asylum t-shirt (that someone is seemingly unhappy with), a Firehouse t-shirt with the 'u' crossed out to make it only slightly better (not sure if Mike Watt's work ethic rubbed off on the homeless man that got this shirt), er, what else? Oh yeah, thanks to the guy that got the Sammy Hagar/Montrose trivia question right, thus winning this month's issue of Tactical Combat magazine, and a special thanks to the guy (Shawn?) that nailed the Descendents' "Clean Sheets" via karaoke (at least, I think he nailed it, the real vocals were still up). I love some crappy late-period pop metal crossover Descendents. All : Bad band, not that bad of a record. To the Rhodes math professor that was having a good time: I do feel sort of bad about playing a Phobia song and repeatedly pointing and screaming (through the mic) "DANCE!!!" at you. Don't let that deter you from coming out next time. Sincerely. This took me three hours to write.
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 7:26 pm

i think he nailed the decentgents song.
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 7:48 pm

Woah! Man, I was pretty fucked-off last night. Wound up passing out on my couch sitting upright. Can't say if I nailed it or not, but my offer of starting a Descendants coverband still stands.

By the way, thanks for the nice stuff you wrote about EWE in the Flyer, Mr. Earles. Most assuredly, everything we do, we do it "unwittingly."
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 9:43 pm

Yeah, wasn't sure if you guys are into the Pissed Jeans re-aggro sludge thing or not, but I like EWE better.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®