Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / What is that thing in The Commercial Appeal today?
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 2:07 pm

On page B2 in The Commercial Appeal today, in the Wayne Tilson Mid-South Memories photograph from 1959, what is that oddly-placed thing on the counter that looks like some sort of appliance?
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 3:49 pm

it looks like a small radio of some sort. i dunno, man. i had to go walk in the other room and look. i always like those old photographs. pretty neat. the only ones that sometimes beat them are the ones in the downtowner magazine, of which my favorite was the one of the james lee riverboats frozen in the river. (it still blows my fucking mind that the mississippi river froze over before here in memphis. amazing.)
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 4:09 pm

it still blows my fucking mind that the mississippi river froze over before here in memphis. amazing.)

I worked as a deck hand on the river when I was in college and there was one winter where huge flows of ice came down river
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 4:17 pm

I worked as a deck hand on the river when I was in college and there was one winter where huge flows of ice came down river

that's neat. i would love to see that happen again, but doubt i ever will in this lifetime. (hello global warming!)
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 6:54 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alisa_in_memphis/49379154/

Here you go. I can't remember what year I took this, though.
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 9:28 pm

god i fucking love ice cream
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 9:37 pm

jeff buckley?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®