Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Tennis anyone?
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 12:18 am

jerryd just scored us some awesome racquets. Does anyone on here play? We want to learn how!
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 12:23 am

JerryD said he bought those to whup your ass with not play tennis. (See the "RIP Ike Turner" thread on the ???? board for further explanation)
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 12:42 am

We'll play with y'all once we are there...and the weather cools down from the brutal summer heat of June! I suck, but Ryan is pretty good.
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 2:32 am

I can't play, but I'm a tennis FREAK and would come watch and do the cheerleader thing.
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 3:28 am

i took lessons when i was young but im pretty sure i suck now. i still have my awesome mid 90s purple and hot pink junior sized racquet and wouldnt mind embarassing myself when its get warmer.
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 3:33 am

i used to play a little bit when i was younger because my mom was all into it. i was pretty terrible (i'm not exactly a picture of grace), but love to play. so i'd be happy to go embarrass myself too. :D heheh.
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 7:18 am

I love playing tennis now. Too short and white to play b-ball anymore and a couple of surgeries have put a stop to (most) of my skating. My friends and I never grew up playing tennis so when we get together now, we all suck equally.

The place on Southern is a great indoor/outdoor facility for a reasonable price.
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 3:33 pm

what's that reasonable price? is there a reasonably free place to tennis?
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 5:00 pm

There are free places, but if they are in moderate condition, they are outside of the city limits. I believe it's $3 outdoor and ~ $20-25 indoor. $3 is a great deal considering you get gratis water (essential in the Memphis summer) and with gas prices these days, it's about the same as going to Bartlett (plus you don't have to be in Bartlett.) I play doubles with my friends almost exclusively, so if you split the charge on the indoor courts, it's still not that bad.
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 6:47 pm

Tennis springtime might be a-comin!
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 3:30 am

eric - I'm still waiting for my chance to play you in table tennis. I've got this new serve that the Filipino at work can only return about 25% of the time. Yes, I play ping pong 10 times a week.
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 10:40 pm

tennis? TENNIS?
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 10:52 pm

I can play ping pong
in Hong Kong
W/my ding dong
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 12:48 am

id be honored to kick any and everyones ass in tennis
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 4:37 pm

The place on Southern is a great indoor/outdoor facility for a reasonable price.
Does it cost if you're a student? Jesus, I'm giving them enough of my money.

Sounds like there'll be some tennis ass-kickin come Spring. I am referring to my own ass of course.
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 8:47 pm

Does it cost if you're a student? Jesus, I'm giving them enough of my money.

It has nothing to do with UoM. It's run by the Memphis Park Services. Kind of like The Racket Club for the people.
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 9:45 pm

mmm tennis skirt.

i'm referring to your ass of course.
Posted: Dec 17, 2007 5:00 am

Aww shucks. You always know how to make a gal feel special!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®