Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / #2. Respect.
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 10:01 am

Go Tigers!

HOLD THE MAYO!

(Yea. I did it.)
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 2:04 pm

YES!!!!! Tonight is the night--game on. They better show they deserve it!
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 4:45 pm

the latest line is the Tigers by 8.....GO TIGERS!
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 5:46 pm

Advice:

Take USC +8

Love the Tigers but it's gonna be closer than 8.
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 8:50 pm

i'm not a betting girl anyway; but i agree it could be closer. they played against oklahoma about like we did.
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 10:15 pm

I agree with the closer spread also, but that is because I am a nailbiting, typically doubtful Memphian/Tiger fan!
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 10:26 pm

i'm nervous about the game. rose better understand the importance of playing this game smart and not have a joey dorsey/greg oden type of moment with the new usc freshman either. he don't need to get cocky just as of yet.

this will be a real indicator of what to expect out of the boys come march. we're getting deep enough into the season now that they should know how to play together a bit better. if they flub this one, they're going to have to practice hard to pull it together.

i am expecting cdr to have another great game. everyone else i am worried about.
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 10:47 pm

we're getting deep enough into the season now that they should know how to play together a bit better.

It's just the first of December! Today will be only the second time I've been able to see them play, as they haven't even really started the TV games.

but that is because I am a nailbiting, typically doubtful Memphian/Tiger fan!
I am nervous, always. And this seems a typically historical Tiger fuck up moment. But, GO TIGERS!!!!! They are going to do it!
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 2:31 am

Vitale is pimping CDR!!!
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 4:40 am

OVERTIME!!!

JEEZ!

THEY'RE KILLING ME!
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 4:57 am

once again, the heart attack kids...
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 5:00 am

That was fucking horrible. I suppose a win is a win, but 20 fucking turnovers and piss poor free throw shooting. Georgetown and Tennessee will clobber the Tigers if they dont figure this shit out. U G L Y !!
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 5:05 am

ugly is right.
the other team also had 20 turnovers, and the Tigers improved their free throw shooting in the second half and overtime. I am NOT defending them.
Those guys are in for a good ass whuppin.
It's deja vu all over again.
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 12:13 pm

gah. that was craaaaaaaaazy. i was on the edge of my seat the entire time. for a second there, i almost lost hope of them winning that game. i hate when it gets like that. sometimes they play so beautifully and then other times they crumble apart like total shit. what the fuck is up with the inconsistency of every player on that team? i am glad if one is having a bad night and one of the other has a shining time, but damn, why can't they just all have good nights for once? does joey dorsey have to foul out of every game? (well, not that i can talk much cuz i foul out of every derby game i play too. hahahah.) but still. it seemed last night that they were stuck on the peripherals, afraid to penetrate and unable to hit anything outside. terrible game. lousy turnovers, not enough rebounds at key times. shitty times to miss free throws. that game had it all. they should have taken that game by the balls and won it. i think they're afraid that they're going to lose so they're playing all shaky.

i really really really hope it's not tennessee that beats them. we'll NEVER hear the end of it from those orange loving fucksticks. i'd go to knoxville and play rocky top as i'm burning the city down if they win.
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 2:02 pm

They really stunk it up last night, but I was sitting next to the guy who started USA Today at the bar (hey, it is Florida) who used to be a sports editor at some paper or another and he laughed at my fear. He said, "It is DECEMBER. Who cares?" and then Ryan said, "They gotta learn how to win ugly."

But yeah, time for some brutalizing practices and scream-fests at the practice facility!
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 3:10 pm

USC implemented a defense they're not used to seeing. It worked perfectly. I can't remember the guys name from USC who missed that last free throw to send it to overtime, but I thought the game was lost at that moment. Besides Dozier, everybody else was confused and played lousy. Rose sure didn't look like one of the best players in the country.

And this was on a neutral site. They have to step it up and learn to play more than one kind of game.
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 3:49 pm

I agree...Rose didnt even look like one of the top 25 players in the country. Chris Douglas-Roberts has outplayed him in every game this season thus far and is a better player in my opinion at this point. As far as the triangle-zone defense being a defense the Tigers arent used to seeing, Cal needs to have the guys better prepared for any type of defense that is thrown at them. Besides, ther is a point that you would expect the sheer talent and athleticism that the Tigers have to takeover the game regardless of the style of defense. The Tigers played last night like they were scared...gonna be a long season folks. I saw it coming a mile away. Cal fully admitted that he was outcoached last night as well. We will hear from that USC team again come Tourney time. They have a great team. Those guys were dunking on Dorsey and dunking backwards and shit on the Tigers last night. Good showing by the Trojans.
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 4:57 pm

USC implemented a defense they're not used to seeing. It worked perfectly.

And not only was it different, it was relentless. I think they (USC) are underestimated. I think any team that comes at the Tigers (or anyone else, for that matter) with that sort of fearlessness, needs some re-evaluation. They indeed played well.

Another point, however, is that while this court was "neutral", this is a typical court for the tourney. Many calls were being completely overlooked or called arbitrarily on both teams. This was actually excellent practice for March. I am glad they got the shit scared out of them.

The talent this season in the NCAA is sick. We have to continue to recognize that, #2 or whatever. I cannot sit around and freak out every single game. I still have faith we are going to figure things out.
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 6:35 pm

jerryd nailed it, i think...USC had their number last night. i kept having flashbacks of the UCLA game 2 years ago.

jeez - when USC & UCLA play each other, their final score will probably be 28-24.

one good thing is this: the team from 2 years ago would have lost night...at least this year's crew sucked it up & got in gear enough to squeak out an UGLY win.
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 7:09 pm

The team 2 years ago would have been punching people out, taking off their jerseys (oh wait that was last year) and flexing on the bench, making faces at Calipari for "coaching"...it would have been a total embarrassment. Instead, it was just another ugly WIN.

I am much more OK with what happened. I mean, what the hell was USC supposed to do? Not figure out a way to beat the Tigers? The Tigers got freaked out because they underestimated their opponent and couldn't figure out psychologically how to get back in fast against a team who desperately wanted to beat them. Completely normal. Not great, but I would rather this shit go down now rather than March.
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 7:55 pm

joey dorsey is never gonna have a career. every time he fouls out of an important game, which is about half of them by my estimation, he sits on the bench looking like a sheepish moron because he knows he fucked up big time. he has been doing this for years and nothing has changed.

last night was the first time i thought that maybe, just maybe, derrick rose won't enter the draft this year. he did so much typical freshman bullshit that i bet he could double his nba salary just by spending another year with coach cal riding his ass all the time.

god bless robert dozier, that's all i'm sayin'. hopefully last night was a lesson learned that they'll remember in january and february when they're playing the likes of ECU and Tulsa. what is especially scary to me about last night's game is that USC had been playing back to back games and had to have gone into last night pretty exhausted. the tigers had plenty of time to prepare. i know it's only december, but still. eek.
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 10:10 pm

USC had been playing back to back games

see, i didn't know that. geebus. makes last night even scarier.
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 12:12 am

the tigers had plenty of time to prepare.

I hear you robin, but this right there...a problem more than a solution. USC playing back to back games could have HELPED their team. Too much time off? Not so much.
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 4:50 pm

good point. i heard though that USC only went over that triangle+2 defense (or whatever it's called) for about an hour in the ballroom of the hotel they were staying in before the game because they had no time. pretty impressive.
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 6:39 pm | Edited by: tigergreen

i heard though that USC only went over that triangle+2 defense (or whatever it's called) for about an hour in the ballroom of the hotel they were staying in before the game because they had no time. pretty impressive.

i heard the same - that's very impressive.
cal admitted he got outcoached that night; but a win's a win, even if it's an ugly one.
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 6:50 pm

Cal often will get outcoached. And, remember, a lot of that chitter chatter to the media is fully intended to hype the team. They could have been practicing that defense for weeks.
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 7:06 pm

I'd like this thread better if the "#2" referred to "taking a dump," maybe it does, I don't know what the fuck you people are talking about.
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 8:01 pm | Edited by: robin

They could have been practicing that defense for weeks.

True.

In other news, D-Wash's ass already got bumped down to the minor league Austin Toros, whoever the fuck they are. Burn.
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 8:01 pm | Edited by: robin

And when I saw something about it on ESPN, they showed that fucking Louisville clip AGAIN.
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 8:58 pm

D Wash was always doomed to be a wash. I could never tolerate all those shots to Daddy in the stands just pimping his overrated kid non-stop. Andre Allen always made him look a fool.
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 9:38 pm

darius washington gave his heart to your team for two years. i think those words are pretty harsh. the kid played his ass off. overrated or not, he went full tilt. and andre allen is a good player but he never even came close to making d wash look a fool. just me, i don't like college basketball fans attacking the kids for no reason.
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 9:46 pm

I like Burger King
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 12:40 am

Andre Allen played team basketball and when he came off the bench for D Wash, he made the team look better, not neccesarily himself. I struggle with the idea that Darius Washington gave his "heart" to the Tigers more than Dozier, Allen, Dorsey and Carney et al. In fact, I feel he was always out for himself and his future, which hurt our team.

I liked him as a Tiger, probably more than he liked himself as a Tiger. He and his dad were continually looking beyond the U of M...that is what got him where he is. That is plenty good reason to "attack the kid".
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 10:29 am

i lurv andre allen. i lurv joey dorsey too cuz he's a foul monster, even though he makes me want to find him on campus and wrap my hands around his throat and shake the shit out of him sometimes. but you know, sometimes you gotta have a big, mean, crazy guy to make the dunks from the other team not happen. sometimes it's worth it. not always. but sometimes.

andre allen hasn't really shone yet this year. i'm sure his time is coming. d wash needs the "oh you went over the high bid for the showcase showdown in the price's right" music play for him as his theme song. like thus:

http://www.farmingdaleweather.net/gscollection/sounds/TPIR/TPIRLOSE.mp 3
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 3:01 pm

I was watching a few games yesterday and started giving Dorsey some slack as every single one of the big guys got into foul trouble. It is part of the position. Anyone ever watch Ben Wallace a few years back in his prime? Foul foul foul foul foul.
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 5:54 pm

Ben Wallace never averaged more than 2.5 fouls per game in his whole career.
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 9:30 pm

You win, statman. Dorsey is a huge fouler, it sucks, but hey, I can cut him a bit of a break given that it happens down low and he is a pretty vicious man going for the boards, which I love to see. Doesn't mean I don't want to see improvement. But you know, don't wanna "attack the kid"!
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 12:51 am

attacking dorsey would make sense. his off court antics, his dumbass guarantee last year, those are things that make sense to make fun of or whatever. attacking a kid that hustled for having nba dreams and being wrong about his ability to get there so early is just picking on somebody. that's all i mean, you can whatever about anybody, just giving my opinion. seemed like a frivolous attack, you disagree, whatev.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 1:54 am

I guess all I can say it is my opinion too. Just as valid. Fouls and off-court bullshit antics? Problem. Kids coming in for one or two years and the entire time is all about them and what this experience can get for them and their dad, who is so controlling he doesn't even allow his kid to make the call about his own future? Problem. Agree to disagree?
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 4:19 am

absolutely. and good luck to the tigers!
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 2:58 pm

INDEED. GO TIGERS GO!
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 12:16 am

Tigers vs. MTSU right now!!
Yeah, I know, a cakewalk...but I haven't seen them play much so that'll be fun.
(Dorsey's already got a foul!)
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 3:08 am | Edited by: saispas

After a frustrating initial 2/3 of the first half, was a total cakewalk, but good to see them keep hustling throughout. Anyone catch that crazy Dozier behind the back, from the floor pass back to Mack on the turnover? SICKKKKK!
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 9:09 pm

The best part of the whole game was that there was a guy playing for MTSU named Dino Hair.
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 10:51 pm

i know
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 10:55 pm

D Rose ain't living up to the hype. I know he's a frosh but he looks lost and plays out of control. He takes circus shots and his jumper aint there. He is dank on the fast break and plays some good D. At least he makes his free throws .
Posted: Dec 17, 2007 9:57 pm

D Rose ain't living up to the hype. I know he's a frosh but he looks lost and plays out of control.

phenom or not, he's still a freshman, and he was bound to start hitting a slump. to me, he's making the quietest difference ever. aside from the past two games, i never noticed how many points he scored until the end of the game.

he's gonna have a breakout game pretty soon - hopefully saturday against georgetown!
Posted: Dec 17, 2007 10:16 pm

he's gonna have a breakout game pretty soon - hopefully saturday against georgetown!

Hear, hear!
Posted: Dec 17, 2007 11:30 pm

this will be a beautiful thing to watch. i wanna see them beat the tar outta georgetown and show 'em who memphis really is. cuz we've got such a phenomenal team. they just haven't been playing to full potential yet.
Posted: Dec 17, 2007 11:31 pm

At this point with the way he is playing he will be a late first round pick for the NBA. If he dosent step it up we might be seeing him again next season...I doubt it but maybe. I am scared shitless about the game Saturday mornin. My confidence level with this team is pretty minimal thus far and a win Saturday would help get things right for sure. Step it up boys!
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 4:20 am

i can't believe how early we have to wake up on a saturday!
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 5:22 am

i know, robin. we gonna be up early. i think i may get my drink on early and then take a nap to prepare for the later night festivities. hahah. famous last words.
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 6:16 pm

My confidence level with this team is pretty minimal thus far

You don't say, Colin? ; )
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 11:12 pm

i can't believe how early we have to wake up on a saturday!

it'll be early, but it'll be worth it!

i'll be watching the bowl game the night before at a friend's christmas party, then getting up saturday to head to the forum...not too bad of a start to the christmas festivities!
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 11:13 pm

My confidence level with this team is pretty minimal thus far

You don't say, Colin? ; )

didn't seem like it saturday night!
:)
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 11:29 pm

Slayin those monsters from the Sunbelt!! The proofs in the pudding this Saturday folks.
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 11:31 pm

Oh yeah...and Tennessee beat MTSU by 69 points earlier this season!
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 12:28 am

Oh yeah...and Tennessee beat MTSU by 69 points earlier this season!

MTSU also didn't employ a triangle-and-2 and other "junk" defenses against Tennessee.

I'm actually a little concerned for when the Tigers actually see a man-to-man defense, we won't be prepared (see UConn) and they'll be out of rhythm from facing so much zone.

Also, fuck Cincy.
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 1:11 am

I contend that any team ranked in the top 5 in the country should be prepared for any kind of defense, let alone fucking MTSU, Richmond or any of the other "teams" we have played so far this year. Its basketball and there are really only what maybe 6-8 or so defenses to be played. Sure...there are variations of those defenses, but in the big picture there is zone and man. They are refered to as "junk" defenses, but do whatever you gotta do to win. My point is that unless the Tigers step shit up, they will go dwon hard against G-town, Zaga, TN and anybody else worth a shit that the play this year. I want the Tigers to win as much as the next guy, I just think Calipari is a used car salesman and I try not to buy into the pre-season hype. So far they have proven nothing...nada...zilch.
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 1:12 am

..and yyes fuck Cincy!! Even though Bob Huggins isnt there anymore and they arent the Cincy of old, fuckem. I say no mercy against the Bearcats!
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 1:35 am

I cannot wait until they win against a "respectable" team so Colin can feel good again!!!!
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 3:54 am

holy crap, is kentucky that bad, or is houston that good?

heard an interview about the kentucky game the other day gillesbie had them running stairs before the game. says it is not a winning atmosphere and there are players that need to be forced off the team.
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 5:56 am

Kentucky's that bad. Last week they lost to UAB. I don't think any of their wins have been good ones this year.
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 1:48 pm

Kentucky SUCKS.
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 10:09 pm

last night the KENTUCKY fans were chanting "gillespie sucks" during the game...these same people who ran tubby smith off. KY's days as a basketball power are gone, folks.

everytime i hear about cincinnati, i have nick van exel flashbacks - i can't wait to see the tigers run all over 'em tonight!
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 10:32 pm

the KENTUCKY fans were chanting "gillespie sucks" during the game...these same people who ran tubby smith off. KY's days as a basketball power are gone, folks.

Inexcusable. What idiots.
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 1:10 am

If only I could see what Colin is going through right now...oyyyyyy.
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 1:43 am | Edited by: Alisa

This is such a typical Tiger team. Unbelievable.
That said, I think they've played okay tonight. And, how did Derrick Rose get all those points. I think up the thread is something about him being a quiet scorer...yeah.
Nice to see the 3 pointers making a resurgence too.

UH OH...T on Dorsey.
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 1:48 am

WHA??
T on the BENCH?!
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 2:35 am

dear lord. i missed the game because i had to go stinkin' christmas shopping and didn't get jack shit but one present bought. i hate christmas, but i hate cincy even more. heh. so glad the tigers beat them. hahah.

dude, saturday is where it's at and i'm skurrrrrred.
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 1:52 pm

Yep ...another lackluster showing for the Tigers against a terrible unranked Cincy team. Rose looked better and theres no doubt they look like a Top 50 team. Im skurred as well about Saturday and if they think they got banged around last night, Georgetown is far more physical. Hibbert is 7'3 and will eat Joey Dorseys lunch if hes not careful. Hard to guard a dude that tall and not foul him every other play.
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 2:14 pm

heh. hard for dorsey to not foul ANYONE, much less a 7'3" lunch-eatin' bully.
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 2:23 pm

Exactly....he may have 2 fouls in the first five minutes Saturday! Lets hope not cause Hibbert will break Robert Dozier in half.
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 2:38 pm

The brilliant Len Elmore was giving some warnings for Mr. Dorsey on these matters. He basically said if Dorsey wants to play like Ben Wallace, he better quit crying when he gets fouled. And many of his own fouls are out of frustration...the big man always gets hit, get used to it. I guess it took Shaq about 10 years out of LSU to shut up about it, so maybe Dorsey is on target.
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 2:38 pm

Hibbert will break Robert Dozier in half.

he best not. i'll kick his ass.

it's a good thing i am not going to the game cuz i'd be all drunk, busting crazy up in that shit. hahahah. instead, i'll be at some bar, yelling profanities at joey dorsey and the refs and the other team every couple of seconds, sounding like a tourette's patient.
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 8:19 pm

Got our Tigers/Gonzaga tix today!!!!! YES!
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 9:08 pm

Hibbert is a soft/finesse big. He won't be breaking anyone in half, but he will be giving Dorsey & co. fits because he is taller and damn near impossible to have his shot blocked/altered, which is Dorsey & co's. game.

I'll be doing my part, yelling myself hoarse, @ The Forum of Doom Sat. morning. It's going to be exciting.
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 10:06 pm

tigers mighta been kinda shaky last game, but damn they were FLYING for some blocks! CDR's rejection at the rim was amazing.
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 1:59 am

Yea, but too bad they called it goal tending. It was an incredible block.

CDR has been looking frustrated lately. Hopefully he gets over the hump tomorrow.
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 3:39 am

Yea, but too bad they called it goal tending. It was an incredible block.

Total BS call.

Go TIGERS!!! I wish I could be there.
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 6:03 am

Got our Tigers/Gonzaga tix today!!!!! YES!

i'm going to that one for sure. i gotta go to the forum and get tickets though since they don't give the free student tickets out til the day of. bluh.

man, tomorrow is going to be insane. i'm nervous as all hell.
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 9:11 am

can't wait. glad it's an early game, first one i get to see this year...and yeah, Hibbert will be a problem. Dorsey could end up on the bench pretty fast. Who else is there? Dozier and Taggart...What happened to Niles, Bailey, & Cooper?
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 9:22 am

What happened to Niles, Bailey, & Cooper?

Niles is fat.

Bailey got in shape over the summer, but he still is a little "raw."

Cooper was released over the summer. Probably had something to do with motivation (read: too high).
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 2:53 pm

I am awake and ready for this!!!!

Two hours to wait and listen to Jay Bilas say how we've never beaten them in the regular season and the last time we beat them at all was Keith Lee era 1983 in the second round of the tourney.
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 3:45 pm

i CANNOT believe i am awake for this after the night i had last night. shiiiiiiit. but i am up and ready to watch me some tigers!!! yeah!

Two hours to wait and listen to Jay Bilas say how we've never beaten them in the regular season and the last time we beat them at all was Keith Lee era 1983 in the second round of the tourney.

unfortunately, dick vitale is scheduled to sit with him too. fuckin' aye. you know if memphis loses that they're going to be all like "we figured as much". which will make me want to reach out and punch someone. (this is exactly again why i don't need to actually BE AT the game.)
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 4:00 pm

I heard Dick Vitale was on leave because of cancer! Not that I wish for such a thing, but um, well, it would be nice to have him quiet on the set if he is there.
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 4:15 pm

oh it's on his schedule. this is one game he probably wouldn't miss for the world. number two vs number five. crazings.
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 4:56 pm

anybody ever used espn360. i can't find the game. any other sites i can watch it from?
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 5:12 pm

GO TIGERS!!!
(just sayin!!!)
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 5:46 pm

this is one game he probably wouldn't miss for the world.

He must be really sick. I knew something was wrong with him when I first saw him this season; he looked thin, had bad skin color and sounded more hoarse than usual. Even I don't wish The Cancer on him, so I hope he feels better. I just would be OK if he retired from announcing.

This game is driving me crazy--the only things making me smile are Derrrick Rose and the hilarious close ups of TPC Southwind residents and their trophy wives sitting behind the bench.
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 6:01 pm

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 6:02 pm

somebody. please.there's gotta be somewhere i can see this online...i'm listening but i wanna see it
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 6:09 pm

got a bar nearby?
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 6:14 pm

i'm in belgium
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 6:28 pm

oh, sorry.
Keep listening. It's DAMNED exciting!!! I don't think I could have handled it in the Forum though.
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 7:03 pm | Edited by: saispas

Dave Dunlap called at the half from the Forum absolutely beside himself.

OK, must be said...RESPECT!!!!
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 7:05 pm

You beat me to it.
RESPECT!!!!!
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 7:06 pm

amazing!!!! i've never been so homesick in my whole life
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 7:24 pm | Edited by: saispas

While there were amazing moments a'plenty, my favorite announcer quote went something like this:

JB: "Pierre Niles was ordered to lose some weight over the summer and he didn't do it..."

DS: "Well, instead it looks as if he was the one who ordered all the pizza..."
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 7:44 pm

yeah, give him all the pizza he wants and keep him on the bench. tonight was perfect. i'm tired of seeing minutes divided among 8 or 9 players. Rose, CDR, Anderson, Dorsey, and Dozier can win. give em 30+ minutes a game and they will.
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 8:23 pm

I agree, but I kinda loved seeing Niles for a minute...esp. when Patrick Ewing Jr. ran into him and then had trouble getting up.
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 8:27 pm

Man, that was a great game! They finally looked like a top 10 team. Hibbert was Joey Dorseys bitch today. 6 pts and 6 rebounds. Ha!

i CANNOT believe i am awake for this after the night i had last night. shiiiiiiit. but i am up and ready to watch me some tigers!!! yeah!

Elle was front and center at the bar with her bucket-o-beer! Good times!
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 9:52 pm

they looked great. even when they were down, they were ready to come right back. and georgetown looked BEAT at the end.

cdr is the rock. derrick rose makes him look even better. but damn.. i think willie kemp had the best move to the hoop... biggert went flying off the court!

that said, there were a lot of easy baskets by g-town... and only like 3 memphis dunks. room to improve, for sure, but damn... they came straight at 'em.
Posted: Dec 23, 2007 12:29 am

cdr is amazing. he's my new baby daddy. hahahah.

Elle was front and center at the bar with her bucket-o-beer! Good times!

hell yeah, they have a bucket of tiger ale (which is tasty) for 7 bucks during tigers games. that's like a buck fiddy for a beer. i'm into it.

pierre niles is such a huge ass mofucker. holy damn. he's got some baby fat on that ass.

joey dorsey was a fucking manimal. i think calipari makin' him ride the pine for part of the first half skurred him real good and made him think a bit. that second half he was on like you wouldn't believe.

great fucking day to be in memphis. hoooo rah!
Posted: Dec 23, 2007 2:19 am | Edited by: saispas

I was also loving how Antonio Anderson and Rose have some give and go's all worked out between each other...there were a few were they were just totally connected and communicating the entire way while they were flying down the court on a break.

SO EXCITING. I am loving how much the ESPN and CBS halftime and Sportscenter are just on their jock today, so to speak.
Posted: Dec 23, 2007 3:25 am

IZZO
Posted: Dec 23, 2007 3:34 am

Oh man if Memphis ends up playing Michigan State this year, brawls might be had in my home. Izzo!

(Not that I'd mind him coming over to the good side!)
Posted: Dec 23, 2007 1:54 pm

whats the graduation rate for those marvelous memphis state student athletes these days?...lol
Posted: Dec 23, 2007 7:47 pm

in 2005 memphis b-ball grad rate was listed at 25%. I guess it must have gotten at least slightly better, because it is not listed in the worst of 2006 and the tenth worst was 25% in the report i was looking at.
Posted: Dec 23, 2007 9:16 pm

Thats what Im talkin about! The Tigers played like the # 2 team in the country by beating the shit out of the # 4 team in the country. Next up...Arizona. I cant wait!
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 2:07 pm

well, joey dorsey is at least going to graduate, miracle of all miracles. heh.

i'm stoked for the arizona game too. i'm not even really worried about them since we killed georgetown.
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 4:48 pm

i'm stoked for the arizona game too. i'm not even really worried about them since we killed georgetown.

I am. This has all of the makings of a Tiger letdown.
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Is the AZ game at home or away? I am nervous about the next away game the Tigers play.

Not to take away from that incredible second half, but I wanna see them do this on a hostile court.
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 7:22 pm

The Tigers have the Wildcats @ home. They also have Gonzaga, TN, Siena, and Pepperdine @ home. The toughest road game is @ Houston 1/30/08.
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 11:34 pm

whew. tonight, ARIZONA, bitches!

i really wanna go to the damn game, but i got a party that i gotta attend. i guess i won't be going to one until the gonzaga game, which will be fun. i wanna harass all the zags fans now that they don't have adam morrison's whiny bith ass there anymore.
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 12:57 am

Elle--

Make certain that we meet prior to the game. We are there sitting in nosebleed but center court. We get to Memphis January 23.
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 1:04 am

Make certain that we meet prior to the game.

definitely. :D
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 2:42 am

I am getting freaked out with Dayton killing Pitt right now. I also am wearing an ancient Memphis State/NAPA Auto Parts tee that every single time I have worn it, we have lost. Ryan convinced me not to sell it on eBay today. Should I wear another shirt????
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 3:03 am

Um, did someone DIE on Pitt or something? They are losing by 26 fucking points to DAYTON.

Please don't let this be an omen. I guess it would be an omen if this was our game against Siena or something.
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 3:51 am

Should I wear another shirt????

YES!

GO TIGERS!
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 3:56 am

Coach Tweed? Bang Bang? What's that all about? Calipari has hired a Chinese guy as Assistant Coach who only know these two words in English?
Woah!
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 4:12 am

No, no, no. Chinese is there as an observer for his team/club. He got assigned to Calapari.
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 4:46 am

I am leaving it on so I can hopefully break the curse! If we don't win, I am burning it.
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 5:15 am

Thanks for clarifying that, Jack?

Curse broken! Go Tigers!
They played pretty well tonight. Dozier!
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 5:17 am

I love Dozier. Rose is so much more confident also. Love this team. There wasn't the intensity like last week, but mostly that was the AZ game.

OK, sic them Tigers on SIENA!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®