Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Memphis vs. Oklahoma ESPN2 RIGHT NOW!
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 2:17 am

Hasn't started yet (9:18PM est), but it is fixin' to. Let's go TIGERS!!!
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 5:08 am

they didn't play particularly well, but it was never in doubt. A workman-like victory for UM. Joey Dorsey is a fooking monster!
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 6:52 am

Joey Dorsey is a fooking monster!

got player of the game for his defense. hell yeah! there were a couple of times during the game i was like "WTF are they doing?!?!" because they were playing kind of slopping and losing the ball a few times. but ahhhh derrick rose. he's great. a couple of really nice ballerina-esque moves toward the basket. nice.

the only thing i could have done without was dick vitale announcing the game. urgh. his voice irks me like no other. like fingernails down a chalkboard, baby. :P
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 6:53 am

oh and i think it's kind of funny now how all the haters from last year (announcers, sports writers and the like) all jock on memphis hardcore this year and talk about how great they are when just last year they were talking about how overrated memphis is and how they had a snowball's chance in hell of winning an ncaa tournament. how them words taste this year, boys? hahah.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 11:47 am

does anyone know when they play today? PLEASE let me know!
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 2:40 pm

A workman-like victory for UM. Joey Dorsey is a fooking monster!

Yeah, one thing that was said by one of the seriously "jocking" (you got that right, elle, hahaha) announcers is that Memphis will have to learn how to win plenty of games like this if they plan to win it all; there will be plenty of plodding teams that will try to break em up and slow em down...just keep grinding. Good job overall, if not particularly exciting.

And, Rose was blowing my fucking mind a couple of times!!! Easily the most talented player we have had since Penny.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 2:41 pm | Edited by: saispas

And Alisa, yes, the game is tonight. 9PM est ESPN 2.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 2:47 pm

thanks, saispas. I can't wait to see em!
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 3:01 pm

I just saw that it was 8:30 est, but there is the consolation game beforehand, so...just keep your eye out.
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 12:29 am

The past few years they've been in this pattern where the beginnings of games can be scary, but they always pull away sometime in the second half because nobody can keep up with how they run the ball.

speaking of former tigers, has anyone watched the spurs play with d wash?
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 12:34 am

speaking of former tigers, has anyone watched the spurs play with d wash?

I have! I watched the first game of the season with Portland and they played him quite a bit! I was a bit surprised at how comfortable he seemed.
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 12:34 am

d wash is playing in the big leagues? Tell me it's so!!
I LOVE him. And that whole free throw debacle was bball at it's finest.

So...how's he doing?
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 12:56 am

He goes in for Tony Parker...he plays total Memphis ball. That was the only game I saw but they said that Popovich was a fan and likes to use lil DWash.
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 1:35 am

Big story on Coach Cal right now, and the team.

I think it's fixin to start!
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 1:43 am

Yup--just caught that. I had no idea he had bitten the "Princeton on Steroids" from a JuCo coach!!!!
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 2:03 am

After five minutes of the game, I think I've gone to heaven.
Those guys have some flow. It's good to finally see!

GO TIGERS!
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 2:20 am

I am freaking out. Am I seeing this???? Or is there absinthe in my Screwdriver? HELL YES!
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 2:23 am

CDR is my hero.
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 2:41 am

what the fuck? I went to pick up Jack and all hell has broken loose!
40-37???? AGGGRRRR!!!
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 2:44 am | Edited by: saispas

Thank you, Rose. You are my best friend.

Ooops. I am a few behind b/c I keep rewinding. FUCK these homer refs. This is the first time in eons that we have not had the crowd in MSG in years because we always have some NJ dude until this year and Connecticut is all close to NYC.
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 2:48 am

well...looks like it's going to be another bumpy ride. Tigers...always good for a bunch of nailbiting! Damnit. Those first five minutes...
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 2:50 am

What the fuck is going on? Hey I'm going to the movie so somebody ought to keep me updated by texting me the score. Alissa???

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 2:51 am

Seriously, Alisa, the refs are fucking up and calling shit that is just total crap. And Dorsey has been out forever. We were up 13 before he sat down! They have got to figure that out, though, cos Dorsey always has foul issues.
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 3:24 am

grizzlies & hornets going to overtime, 114-114... damn!!
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 3:28 am

Oh my god...this shit is killing me.

I am texting Jerry, Alisa. I am trying not to overtext, but it is so close!
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 4:29 am

watching grizz lose in OT while also watching the tigers win in NYC was fun... but bummed i'm missing Hawaii football game... ranked 10th! YEAH!

david west, you are a BEAST.
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 4:50 am

dude. fuuuuuuck the refs in the um/uconn, except when they let dorsey get this beeeeeeeeeyootiful rejection in the last part of the game. hahah. that was positively GORGEOUS. nothing but ball! yeah! MANIMAL!!!!

thabeet was a lil bitch. i wanted to throw him. we got thabeet? you ain't the go-go's, fuckers. hahah.

anyway, the game was so close, yet so very awesome because CDR is thee man.

that's one thing i love about the tigers. they always switch up the spotlight. if one guy's not having a stellar night, someone else is. i think that's one of their strong points where other teams fail. if your key player isn't having a good night, you can say bye in the tournament. memphis doesn't have that problem because they have a deep deep deep bench. gotta love that. strong all the way.
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 5:21 am

oops. hawaii's 16th. undefeated, though!
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 7:49 am

HAWAII WINS!
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 8:55 am

hawaii vs. kansas for natl. championship!!! let's play it at the the liberty bowl & have the grip play the natl. anthem & Fred Sanders' band play the post-party at the blue worm. fug the b.c.s., r.c. johnson, and wahtever pathetic teams end up in the liberty bowel.
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 12:31 pm

y'all arent going to believe this, but I FELL ASLEEP when it was like 40-40!!
This getting up at four a.m. every morning is a bitch.
Glad we won (first thing awake this morning I headed to gotigersgo.com). Maybe not so glad that it looks like this is a "real" Memphis team. I have to reserve judgement, though, as I didn't see them come back!
AGGGRRRRR!!!
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 2:31 pm

Thanks Irene for the score updates.
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 2:56 pm

except when they let dorsey get this beeeeeeeeeyootiful rejection in the last part of the game. hahah. that was positively GORGEOUS. nothing but ball! yeah! MANIMAL!!!!

A still of that is now the screensaver for my cell.

You are welcome, Jerry! When in need.

if one guy's not having a stellar night, someone else is. i think that's one of their strong points where other teams fail.

They are much deeper than ever, but they have got to figure out this little problem of having to sit Dorsey because of the fouls. You can argue that one of those first half fouls wasn't his fault, but arguing gets you nowhere. Assume that guy will be in foul trouble every game and start figuring out how you will handle that. The other kids were also getting in foul trouble too, sure some was piss poor officiating, but some was just them freaking out...it is early, we'll figure all this out. GO TIGERS!!!!
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 3:56 pm

yeah, between pierre niles, hashim bailey, and shawn taggart, they should be able to fill in some time at center while dorsey's sitting out...
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 5:00 pm

Taggart was doing OK but then got into foul trouble...he'll get there. I giggle every time I see Niles.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®