Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / tree surgeons?
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 5:20 pm

Anybody recommend anyone?
Any thoughts on anybody that sucks?
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:10 pm

Do you just need a tree cut down or trimmed?
If so, Lynoid McLean is honest and quick...not cheap but very good.
365-3455
355-4434
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:28 pm

Don't call Harrison Tree Service.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:29 pm

Trees to be trimmed back from house, probably 3 trees total.

Tree surgery is big money.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 3:05 pm

Whatever you do, don't use the meth-head guy who drives around midtown in a red van offering to cut the limbs away from your roof for $100. He does work FAST, but he leaves a fucking mess behind. My wife fell for it, and I noticed piles of tree limbs all over Cooper-Young the next day, so I guess a lot of other people did too.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 3:30 pm

Tree surgery is big money.

Weird. I wonder why the guy who used to have my phone number is so far in debt. I get 3 kinds of calls for this guy. People wanting trees trimmed, bill collectors and notices that his kid ain't in school. A real credit to the community, this guy.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 3:51 pm

Whatever you do, don't use the meth-head guy who drives around midtown in a red van
Is he missing his front teeth? I think I've dealt with him. Lettuce Knot is absolutely right about him. Avoid at all costs, even to the point of getting the shotgun out to run him off.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Didn't check his teeth, but he's got a scrawny pony-tail (always a bad sign) and his girlfriend hangs out in the van while he hacks away with chainsaw and trimmer. He sweats like a mo. I'm still pulling severed limbs (tree) from my trees and hedges. Doesn't help that he showed up at dusk. By the time he finished it was dark and I couldn't really see how bad it was.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 5:00 pm

I think that guy lives across the street from me.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 7:41 pm

you mean the tent across from you in overton park?
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 8:17 pm

I was talking about my home, NOT the place you go to for anonymous gay sex.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 9:57 pm | Edited by: eric o

right, your home, the tent!

not the the upstairs mens bathroom at the mall, dude!
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 10:34 pm

We just used Davey Tree and they were pretty good:
http://www.davey.com/
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 3:03 am

Don't use "Dr Ugly Tree Service" either. They dropped huge limbs on my house, hit the posts of my porch backing out and did a poor job trimming back branches. On the plus side, they did clean up the yard and fix the damage.
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 3:32 am

I thought I already posted this, but you should call my friend Bob. He does all types of landscaping things. He'll come over and give you a quote, and if it's beyond his abilities, he'll tell you honestly. Tell him I sent you. 652-0876.

Given that I usually post early in the morning, it's not unlikely that I posted in some totally unrelated thread...
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 4:26 pm

Jones Bros. Tree and Landscape is really good 377-8733.
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 12:31 am

Lynoid McLean is honest and quick

He came over this morning and gave me a quote. Expensive, but cheaper than I expected. I was like "Jeff Golightly, recommended you, a british guy", and he says "yeah, they all know me".

Nice Charles Bronson mustache too.
Posted: Oct 30, 2007 4:27 am

Lynoid McLean is honest and quick

he did a real nice job and fast, too. he\'s got a big group of dudes who work for him, and they cleaned up the yard, too.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®