Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / !!!THE PYRAMID IS NOW AN EFFERVESCENT YEUNGLING BEER SLIDE!!!
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 12:01 am

While supplies last.

FREE.
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 2:53 am

Ah, the Yuengling backlash begins. The creeping thought emerges... maybe, just maybe, it's just, uh, another brand of beer.
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 3:09 am

That new yorker gets it up there all the time.
I found out they have it in cans last night.
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 3:32 am

well, I grew up drinking that stuff in Pennsylvania. So it seems funny to me to see it become the holy grail of brews in Memphis. It's tasty and all, but... you know, it's beer.
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 3:35 am

We've been denied.
I will say this: the lager is sweeter than I remember in a bottle. Like High-Life, or something. I like it better in the can. But then, you're talking to the Busch poster child.
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 3:45 pm

mmm... effervescence...
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 4:07 pm

She is a fine can she is. Pontiac beige. almost khaki. looks good in the fridge, garbage, and on the dashboard(?)
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 5:01 pm

the lager is sweeter than I remember in a bottle.

I can't imagine getting excited over a beer in a fucking green bottle. People who drink out of green bottles don't know shit about beer. I might try those black & tans, though. At least they have the decency to put THAT in a brown bottle.

I saw an article about some guy with a local connection brewing some kind of copper kettle beer. I saw it in the grocery IN CLEAR BOTTLES! What kind of shit is this? Don't brewers understand how light affects beer?
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 5:02 pm

You're a brown bottle.
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 5:16 pm

Busch is in a brown bottle. That's one of the many reasons it rules!
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 6:26 pm

Dude, I'm drinking mainly Stella Artois these days and it's in a green bottle and it rules! (Got some Yueng Lings in the fridge for back-up though.) (Yueng Lings are good on the go because they have a twist off cap. The Stella caps can only be opened with an opener. FYI.)
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 6:44 pm

Then I hope it's NEVER exposed to light. Light wrecks beer, brown bottles protect beer from light. Green-bottled beer tastes skunky 8 time outta 10. Then again, some folks love skunky beer.
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 7:26 pm

I saw an article about some guy with a local connection brewing some kind of copper kettle beer. I saw it in the grocery IN CLEAR BOTTLES! What kind of shit is this? Don't brewers understand how light affects beer?

That shit is SUPER tasty. It tastes a lot like whisk(e)y.

I agree it should be in a brown bottle, though.
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 7:38 pm

black and tans are great, and its cheap...reason enough to go nutso over its arrival...decent beer in this town costs moolah with the high ass alcohol tax and greedy ass distributors. when i moved back from Texas and saw fucking Tecate for $8.99 a six pack I laughed...then cried...I mean, its the Busch of Mexico.;.in Texas that shit is $8.99 a 12....
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®