Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / YUENGLING IN MEMPHIS!
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 7:47 pm

yes! no more asking my east coast buds to bootleg for me...D CANALE has 'em! coming soon(if not already) to a store near you!
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 8:02 pm

Woohoo! Yueng Ling rules! Congratulations Vionel Ritchie and Jack Stands!
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 8:04 pm

This is great news.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 8:10 pm

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS ALL DAY! THANKS, VINYL!!!
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 8:11 pm

awesome! yay!!!!
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 8:11 pm

Dude, I want to try Z Market on Highland as soon as I get out of work.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 8:55 pm | Edited by: the 1 and only

Murphy's will be having a Yuengling "party" next Tuesday @ 5 p.m.

Come have some lagers and dark/tans on D. Canale-

Yes, they will be buying the beers!
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 9:05 pm

Is that a little tear in my eye?

Why yes...it is...somebody please post where they first see it.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 9:07 pm | Edited by: elle

hell yeah! i'm off on fall break from school then! hahaha. i win.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 10:43 pm

Yeah, I had a "Light" last night at a midtown bar. I was thinking of all you guys ...
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 10:48 pm

we'll be carrying the lager in bottles in nov. and we're getting draft in jan.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 11:12 pm

it was on draft somewhere during gonerfest, wasn't it?
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 11:15 pm

It's Yueng Ling mania! Somebody alert The Beer Cave! Woohoo!
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 11:21 pm

I'm freaking out.
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 12:33 am

im glad im not an alcoholic.
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 1:55 am

Dude at Raffes said he is getting it tomorrow, and he said he will have the Black and Tans! So so happy...I scored a copy of Roky Erickson and the Aliens "The Evil One" today and have some good weed, so tomorrow will be top shelf!
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 2:42 am

i was at buffalo wild wings tonight, waiting on 8Ball and Devius, and tried to order one, but they don't have it yet. weird to be in a packed restaurant in memphis and not know a single soul in there...
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 3:02 am

midtown mini mart has them, i'm drinking lager now, but they also had the black and tans
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 3:05 am

I've been wondering when it was going to show up in stores -- most of the beer carts at Cooper-Young Festival had it in cans right alongside the Bud and Bud Light, and I figured that was the market launch. (Frankly, that might have been my favorite part of CYF this year!)

Sadly though, the guy I asked at Raffe's a couple of weeks ago claimed he had never heard of it.

Big day in beer news -- Miller & Coors are merging, too.
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 3:36 am

None at the Beer Kave, as of Tuesday after work. They'd never heard of it.
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 5:05 am

beer kave has lots of like 4 beers. beer kave not so kewl.
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 5:09 am

beer kave is only good for standing in to cool off during the summer months. however, they will charge you $500 a month rent for living in it. i probably spend that much on a bar tab in a month anyway, so it may be a bargain for heavy drinkers.
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 4:30 pm

I call "no glory" in my search for the yuengling last night.

It's like a safari, really.
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 6:35 pm

it was being sold at the fair as well...i figured it would be making a permanent appearance sometime.

this is GREAT news!!
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 7:04 pm

it's just 'ok' beer. you people need to watch more tv.
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 8:40 pm

what'd i miss?
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 8:43 pm

the blue man group was on
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 1:39 am

p.s., the beer better be as cheap as busch. It is in other states.
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 2:45 am

it was 12 for a 12 at midtown mini mart
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 3:29 pm

Went to Stop And Shop this morning and they were out of Stella so I got a 12 pack of Yueng Ling instead. $9.99 (bottles). Yueng Ling rules!
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 3:56 pm

p.s., the beer better be as cheap as busch. It is in other states.

it aint, but this is TN...the highest liquor tax in the nation and distributed by D Canale, the greediest beer distibutor on the planet..."if it aint in the Budweiser family of beers, you gonna pay!" But at the same time, it is the finest domestic beer ever...yes better than ALL microbrewed beers by those "brewers of fine beers since Tuesday" fucking places...fuck a fat tire, if you drink that, you probably like Widespread Panic...sorry, I got off on a tangent...I am more than happy to pay a $1 more than I should have to for this delicious nectar.
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 4:09 pm

I am more than happy to pay a $1 more than I should have to for this delicious nectar.

Ha! That black & tan is something else, I give you that.
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 4:25 pm

I am more than happy to pay a $1 more than I should have to for this delicious nectar.

Ha! That black & tan is something else, I give you that.

Yes! I had a couple with dinner last night and felt like a king
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 4:31 pm

Vionel Ritchie needs to score one of these:

http://www.yuengling.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=27
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 6:06 pm

Just paid 10.99 for a twelve pack and Schnuck's in Gtown.
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 6:52 pm

the Lord Chesterfield Ale is what I enjoy.

not available here yet.
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 11:15 pm

Due to the wonders of modern technology I am actually drinking an ice cold Yueng Ling lager right now, LIVE over the internet! Woohoo! Party!
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 12:31 am

Did they have a healthy supply of dems black and tans at Raffes Ritchie?? I gotta try me some.
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 1:27 am

Did they have a healthy supply of dems black and tans at Raffes Ritchie?? I gotta try me some.

they had about a case left as of last night...but they had plenty at the Schnucks on Poplar/White Station
Posted: Oct 14, 2007 7:01 pm

but they had plenty at the Schnucks on Poplar/White Station

I'll go there today after Goner, but anyone else seen 'em within midtown?
I don't want the black and brown stuff, just the regular yuengling.
Vinyl's right. If I want perfume in my beer, I'll go see widespread.
Posted: Oct 14, 2007 7:24 pm

Jesus...between me and my family...we've gone through 3-12 packs since Thursday...time to put the brakes on.
That shit is good and rightly priced...a deadly combo
Posted: Oct 14, 2007 11:21 pm

but anyone else seen 'em within midtown?

They're fully stocked at Schnucks, even stacked up in the middle of the isle.
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 12:05 am

Yeah, I saw that. Unfortunately, first tn. lame ass bank is fucked today with debit (all atm and p.o.s. debit returned with an "invalid PIN" message). No beer or records for me.
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 12:16 am

Tastes like Rolling Rock with a better aftertaste. Party.
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 12:24 am

Fine. You can have your WeinerSchtubach's with ancient hopps mined from the record vaults of kilimanjaro for all I care, sealed with the cork found only with the rarest Elvis 1st pressings. I can't even buy busch right now with my lame ass bank.
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 12:26 am

Customer serice: Yessir, they're all still down. They've been down for about an hour and a half.
Me: Try three and a half.
CS: What?
Me: Nothing.
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 4:41 am

Yuengling. I have you now.
(sorry, watched star wars with the boy earlier)
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 3:29 pm

Jesus...between me and my family...we've gone through 3-12 packs since Thursday...time to put the brakes on.

Reacquainted myself with the black and tan on Fri afternoon. . .OUCH.
It's so easy to knock those things back that before you realize it you've had 4+ and you're passing the point of no return. Good times.
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 8:08 pm

But at the same time, it is the finest domestic beer ever...yes better than ALL microbrewed beers by those "brewers of fine beers since Tuesday" fucking places...fuck a fat tire, if you drink that, you probably like Widespread Panic...sorry, I got off on a tangent...I am more than happy to pay a $1 more than I should have to for this delicious nectar.

Now you have risen your hillbilly backwater Anheiser-Busch trained taste buds to the prefered alcoholic beverage of Disco Biscuit fans.It is also the favorite brew of Phillies fans.That should tell you something.
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 9:40 pm

But at the same time, it is the finest domestic beer ever...yes better than ALL microbrewed beers by those "brewers of fine beers since Tuesday" fucking places...fuck a fat tire, if you drink that, you probably like Widespread Panic...sorry, I got off on a tangent...I am more than happy to pay a $1 more than I should have to for this delicious nectar.

Now you have risen your hillbilly backwater Anheiser-Busch trained taste buds to the prefered alcoholic beverage of Disco Biscuit fans.It is also the favorite brew of Phillies fans.That should tell you something.

whatever. Show me a better domestic beer than a Yeung Ling Black and Tan(tastes like the great Polish beer Tatra Mocne)...aint nothin hilbilly about my taste. WAY better than the swill Pirates fans drink, Iron Shitty.
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 6:59 pm

Murphy's

Today @ 5p.m.

Enjoy some Yuenglings courtesy of the local distributor, D. Canale.
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 7:02 pm

We will be tasting the Lager, Light Lager and the Black and Tan- just in case you were wondering...
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 7:04 pm

We will be tasting the Lager, Light Lager and the Black and Tan- just in case you were wondering...

Maybe the Porter will show up down here eventually. Good stuff.
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 7:09 pm

Come on down...
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 7:25 pm

I wish The Mets had Yueng Ling at Shea. All they got is Buttweiser.
Posted: Oct 18, 2007 3:06 am

STELLAR REGIONS, JAPROCK SAMPLER... and YUENGLING lager!

party!
Posted: Oct 18, 2007 9:17 pm

When I went to South Carolina this summer, the olny souvenirs I brought home were a case of Yuengling and bottles of Maurice's BBQ sauce. No wonder I'm fat.

Hearing that y'all have Yuengling in Memphis gives me hope that Mississippi will be next... any MS folks seen it 'round these parts?
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 8:41 am

im drinking the lager right about now and i am not impressed
i think there is a reason it took so long for mass distribution.
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 9:04 pm

im drinking the lager right about now and i am not impressed

What beer do you drink normally...assuming you drink normally?
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 10:29 pm

i prefer alcohol
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 10:34 pm | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

I didn't think much of it either. I'll stick with Miller High Life. But when i can afford it-Newcastle Brown.
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 10:37 pm

I had some Yuengling Saturday night to wash down some home made shrimp po boys...talk about a combination...
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 6:09 pm

I wouldn't take anybody's advice about beer who likes Miller. When I was on tour in England for the first time our road manager asked me if I wanted some beers before our first show at The Powerhaus.Of course I said yes and he came back with a big tub of Newcastle Brown. I drank like a six pack before we went on and totally lost my mind. While we were on stage before the lights went up I was leaning down and our bass player smashed me in the forehead with his bass. As the lights went up I had blood pouring down my face wasted out of my mind. I don't remember much after that but there was a review in the NME that said the reviewer had never seen 300 Englishmen castrated in public before if that's any clue. A week later we were in Newcastle and the locals explained that there used to be a nuthouse in town just for the people who flipped out on the beer. True story.
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 6:22 pm

I wouldn't take anybody's advice about beer who likes Miller.

Miller is the champagne of bottled beers and is my go to beer when the funds are low....and it's time to relax.
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 6:33 pm

Miller is the most disgusting beer available aside from Michelob. Pure headache inducement. I have also vowed never to drink another Heineken as long as I live.
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 7:10 pm

Miller is horsepiss. Busch is where it's at for cheap beer, esp. when the 12pk is camo.
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 7:26 pm

^^^Busch all day long.
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 7:28 pm

^^^^

these are the mountains. head for them. head for the mountains of Busch.
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 7:30 pm

esp. when the 12pk is camo.

As many as I've bought, I've wondered how many hunters have lost their beer in the woods this fall...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®