Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / hitone website down
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 7:45 pm

if anyone cares.

did they go nonsmoking as innuendoed?
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 8:11 pm

working on it it right now. and yes we did go non-smoking.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 8:16 pm

Looks like the bucc will be the smoker's paradise from now on...
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 8:31 pm

what about Murphys?
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 9:33 pm

Murphy's will be 21 and over.

Smoking will be allowed, however, I am installing a patio cover and also looking into air filtering.

Hopefully this will help accommodate both sides.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 10:04 pm

I think the law of unintended consequences will make murphy's and the bucc worse for non-smokers as smokers flock to their fewer smoking bar options. At least both have outdoor patios in the warmer months.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 11:22 pm

Thank god for the smoking ban! We wouldn't want someone to smoke ten cigarettes, hop in a car, and slam into a family of 5 on their way home.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 11:26 pm

gonna be hell on the beer sales. who the hell can drink without a smokey?
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 12:25 am

As a smoker, I'm all for the smoking ban. Might help some of us idiots stop.
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 12:28 am | Edited by: mrs goodfellow

thank you so much for going non-smoking..now i wont be afraid to bring my church group there for some smoke free fun...great idea !!! smoking makes people drink..and then the devil takes over ..i salute u for making such a bold decision !!! i wish more bar owners would realize that people that smoke have no business in a bar. thanks for helping the midtown image better reflect those of us here at Bellevue Baptist..RIGHT ON !!!
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 12:30 am

also buck...great job being a kiss ass
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 12:46 am

If you think the Hi-Tone had problems BEFORE with people buying beer at Circle K next door and drinking it in the parking lot ...
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 12:47 am | Edited by: mrs goodfellow

how can i stop some of this money coming in??..mmmmmmmmm
lets get rid of all these smokers stinking the place up...!
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 12:49 am

Thanks, Benny!

Check these things out: http://www.uasinc.com/Smokeeter.aspx
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 2:20 am

there are times that i leave a bar because i cannot stand the smoke (even on nights when a good band is playing if the smoke is really terrible). you lose business either way.
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 3:32 am

Its not the end of smoking.. just not inside restaurants. You can still smoke on patios and outside, which most restaurants seem to be adding anyways. And in bars. Unless you're under 21, its not really going to change your habits.

Everyone ends up in the parking lot anyways at the hi-tone between shows because it gets so hot.

I feel bad for you guys who work at hospitals. Nov. 15th, all the hospitals are banning smoking anywhere on hospital property... not in the parking lot, not even in your car. There's going to be some agitated people in healthcare.
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 4:27 am

way to go hitone !!!! now all you have to do is relocate to germantown..there is a great location right next to the non-smoking applebees !!!!! then you would be rid of the smokers and all those midtown weirdos!...
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 4:28 am

R I P hitone... it was nice knowing ya
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 5:30 am

thanks Joe H,

that's exactly what I'm talkin bout.
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 5:51 am

oh boy....here it goes with a bunch of folks spouting off about things that they really aren't all that knowledgeable about. the bottom line is we have to be able to do shows that are at least 18 and up, sometimes all ages, in order to get the good national touring acts. if we weren't able to do the shows we want to do, that would put us out of business quicker than anything. we will be installing a patio when the ownership transfer takes place and it's not like most of you on this board that make a habit about bitching about every single thing that happens here won't be a. in the parking lot drinking beer from next door or b. hanging out in the greeen room, stealing the band beer and smoking like it's the pancake shop...
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 6:13 am

good god, mdonahue, why don't you be a little more dramatic. the hi tone will survive being a non-smoking venue indoors. besides, i'll make up for all the beers that you don't drink now that you can't smoke inside since i'll be able to stay longer. :) heheh.
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 6:24 am

i think "a bunch of folks" are pretty much one person with too much time on their hands and a triple exclamation point habit (and a smoking habit too)
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 1:33 pm

Thanks HiTone and Benny. Seriously, not wanting to deal with the smoke keeps me home from shows more often than I would like.
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 4:16 pm

oddly enough I saw a lot of out of town folks at Gonerfest choosing to smoke outside between bands, maybe because of the temperature inside and maybe because they are just used to it or even prefer it.

As for drinking in the circle K. parking lot, I do that because it's classy, and it's the only way that I can spend quality time with my friend in the football helmet with the shopping cart.
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 4:22 pm

People...chillax....

When the big bad smoking ban in NYC took effect, everyone thought bars and clubs would be locking there doors in a matter of days.....Alas, this did not happen....

I , as a smoker , love the smoking ban. I have no problem ,and actually PREFER going OUTSIDE to smoke. Before I had a girlfriend, this was a fantastic opprotunity to meet new people. Plus you really do notice a difference in your health.

After day 4 of Gonerfest, I couldn't breathe or talk or even smoke. Me and Sarah were real sick. I have partly blamed this on going to clubs with 300 smokers. We are not used to that and it really shocked our systems.....I had no idea how much it really affects us...

Trust me Memphis...you'll thank yourself!
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 4:24 pm

I have no problem ,and actually PREFER going OUTSIDE to smoke.

i agree, i actually feel strange smoking with a roof overhead now
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 5:16 pm | Edited by: mrs goodfellow

nothing like a bunch of self loathing smokers !!! (3 exclamation points, as requested) what sheep u people are....
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 5:19 pm

but the good news is..without that smoking smell..most of you will realize it's time to take a bath !!!
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 8:56 pm

THANKS SHERMAN!

Who goes to a bar to smoke cigarettes? "I can't wait til saturday at the Bucc! I'm gonna smoke 2 whole packs!!! I'm gonna get so fuckin buzzzzzzzed bro!!!" This is not a big deal. Who is actually gonna say "I'm not going to the Hi-tone anymore. I have to walk all the way out the door to smoke." If you wanna miss a great show because you have to stand on the sidewalk for 3 minutes...your smoking more than Camel Lights. I guarantee that there are more people who won't come to a bar because there is smoking allowed than folks that won't come cause it's banned.
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 9:12 pm

chillax....

Love this word ...
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 9:19 pm | Edited by: hitone

that wasn't sherman. that was mrs. goodfellow, who had the courage and vision to call you out on a message board under an anonymous user name.
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 10:17 pm

I guarantee that there are more people who won't come to a bar because there is smoking allowed than folks that won't come cause it's banned

This is the main reason I don't like to attend shows.

That and they don't start at 7 p.m.

One thing at a time...
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 2:01 am

When the big bad smoking ban in NYC took effect,

Apples and oranges, my man ...
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 3:51 am

i gotta say I have some friends who are careful and concientious smokers, and then... in the last 12 months, I've come outside to heavy-smoldering planters on my front porch, because people put their butts in em. also had to spend time picking butts up in front yard and back yard and hate it much worse than the typical fast food garbage typically strewn around the block. hope the restaurants/bars either hire someone to clean up the stuff that's gonna accumulate, or at the very least provide an adequate smoker-friendly garbage.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 3:52 am | Edited by: saispas

Agree with dtrain, there is no smoking ban YET in PDX bars, but many went smokeless anyway (it being Portland) in the last few years and it was not a big deal in the least...even in a city where it was raining 75% of the time. I am no longer a smoker (unless drinking too much) so I am fine with it.

And Mark, I don't know about NYC but there are tons of smokers in Portland. Tons. So it truly is not apples and oranges; you fear what you don't know, that is all.

And, yes, Andria is correct. Coffee tins with sand make cute, good ashtrays. Get Cuban coffee ones.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 4:19 am

Glad to hear that the hitone is going smoke free and murphys' less smoky. I know I'll probably be at shows more often.

What other changes are in the works for the hitone?
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 7:53 am

i don't really care about smoking, but the idea that you can leave butts everywhere for someone else to pick up is really obnoxious to me.

am i wrong? if i just throw an empty potato chip bag on the ground, pretend to grind it into the cement, and then walk away, what have i just done?
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 3:44 pm

Litter!!! LITTERBUG!!!!
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 3:48 pm

the idea that you can leave butts everywhere for someone else to pick up is really obnoxious to me.

Yes, this was an issue with the ladies on Bret Michaels' Rock of Love and was handled by one of them gathering them all and placing them in the bedroom of the offender.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 5:48 pm

hi tone = 1
mrs goodfellow = 0
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 5:49 pm

i didnt realize what a cult mentality , you guys have developed...when is Kool-aid night ??
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 7:06 pm

Kool-Aid night is TONIGHT!!! Come on out and I'll dump a glass of it over your cowardly little head. I'll even do it while smoking illegally if that makes you feel better.

On second thought, you're most likely one of those trendsetters who bitches about us on the internet, but when you walk in the door you pretend that we're all your best friends. Go fuck yourself.

If nicotine is more important to you than rock, hang out somewhere else. We'll drink your share of the Kool-Aid.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 7:14 pm | Edited by: mrs goodfellow

so if i disagree with you i am cowardly? sort of like if i disagree with bush..i am unpatriotic..what a lil dictator u have become..i am glad that u know what is best for all of us.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 7:16 pm

!!! (almost forgot, sorry...)
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 7:23 pm

If you aren't a coward, come say hello and we'll step out for a smoke. We can talk about how to infect more unsuspecting people with our cult mentality.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 7:36 pm

i did say hello to you the other night..all you could do was stare at my boobs...i will pass on a repeat performance...
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 8:04 pm

At least you're good for something. I was beginning to wonder.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 8:30 pm

typical male response...
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 8:51 pm

...what are you wearing right now??? !!!
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 9:01 pm

T shirt and jeans. No underwear. What are you wearing?

Oh wait, were you talking to me?
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 9:23 pm

No underwear.

After I bought you that thong?!?! Bastard!
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 9:33 pm

I'm saving it for our special time.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 9:39 pm

PIGS !!! !!! !!! !!!
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 9:39 pm

if i just throw an empty potato chip bag on the ground, pretend to grind it into the cement, and then walk away, what have i just done?

It's called "artistic expression".

I'm gonna start locking the doors in the bathroom and smoke in there!
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 9:40 pm | Edited by: miss linda

PIGS !!! !!! !!! !!!

Shut up!
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 9:43 pm

you people make me never want to post on this board again!!!
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 9:54 pm

battle of the HIPSTERS...i am loving this thread !
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 10:01 pm

Plus you really do notice a difference in your health.

hangovers are so much worse the more you smoke. you will def see a difference in the morning after.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 10:02 pm | Edited by: dtrain

if i just throw an empty potato chip bag on the ground, pretend to grind it into the cement, and then walk away, what have i just done?

Started the biodegration process early! It helps the earth man!
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 10:10 pm

hangovers are so much worse the more you smoke. you will def see a difference in the morning after.

I will vouch for this as truth. I got annihilated about 6 weeks ago in a non-smoking bar and was able to function very well the entire next day. Now, I wasn't completely a breath of fresh air, but I was able to get out of bed before noon and go out and enjoy the day.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 10:34 pm

i'm just waiting for all the cool kids to start chewing tobbaco. or snuff.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 10:49 pm

The new smokeless tobacco that's sweeping the world is called Snus. It's like a Skoal Bandit that doesn't require spitting. I'm not sure if it gives you black shit on your teeth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snus
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 10:49 pm

Yarber is way ahead of you on that already.
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 11:09 pm

W W J D ?
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 11:46 pm

its pretty sad when PSYCHO FRED is the only gentleman in the crowd
Posted: Oct 6, 2007 1:21 am

Jesus would take mushrooms.
Posted: Oct 6, 2007 10:22 pm

W W J D ?
Q=W W M L D ?
A=Drink Bourbon

Miss Linda is certainly no gentleman!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®