Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / tiger lineman murdered at u of m last night
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 2:01 pm

Classes canceled after U of M football player murdered on campus
Killer still at large, campus put on lockdown

by Nikki Bussey
Staff Reporter in News

A University of Memphis football player was fatally shot in his car at Carpenter Complex about 10 Sunday night. Taylor Bradford, a junior defensive lineman from Nashville, was pronounced dead at the Regional Medical Center at Memphis. After he was shot, he drove his light-colored Lincoln across central and hit a tree near Zach Curlin, police said.
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 2:10 pm

Right after I finished talking to my Alex, who lives in Carpenter.
I am right well freaking this morning.
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 2:56 pm

Dave Dunlap is in the CA talking about this..
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 4:36 pm

I heard all the sirens- seemed like they were blaring forever.

knew it had to be something big.

fucking insane.
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 6:12 pm

CNN has a press conference now. Any news that might not be making it?
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 6:50 pm

Alex said he was questioned by the police, and interviewed by Channel 3.

I mean, not questioned as a suspect or anything like that.
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 7:32 pm

I heard that he hit it big at Tunica and someone followed him home.
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 8:16 pm | Edited by: tigergreen

they've said that it was a targeted incident, not random. radio, i had heard the same thing regarding tunica.

tommy west is having a press conference at 3, i think.

the team decided to still play marshall tomorrow night at 7 pm.

for those of you who are football fans, please consider spending the $10 for a ticket, put on some blue, and support those guys.
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 8:18 pm

No kidding; esp. as they are playing the famous "We are Marshall!" kids.
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 10:21 pm

We are MEMPHIS!
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 12:00 am

When they start their little cheer, put MEMPHIS in. Hey, it fits. Their good vibe tale may change the city!
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 5:12 pm

how do they know it's "not random" if they don't have a motive or a suspect? or am I missing something?
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 5:22 pm

in com appeal today, he had just one something like $7,000 in tunica
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 4:40 am

They won tonight, and everybody took a knee and paid tribute. I know I'm out of turn here, but goddamn right. Go Memphis.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 4:49 am

why couldn't thet have shot lou holtz?
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 8:57 pm

ARREST IN MURDER OF TAYLOR BRADFORD

On Sunday, September 30, 2007 at 9:47pm University of Memphis Police responded to the scene of a traffic crash on Zach Curlin south of Central. When the officer approached the driver of the vehicle they determined that he had been shot. The victim, Taylor Bradford, 21 was transported to the MED where he was pronounced deceased. The investigation into the incident has lead to the arrest of three individuals.

»DaeShawn Tate, 21

»Victor Trezevant, 21

»Courtney Washington, 22

These three perpetrators have been charged with murder in perpetration of attempted aggravated robbery. The investigation revealed that the three suspects went to the Carpenter complex on Sunday with the specific intent to rob Taylor Bradford and during this attempted robbery shot him.

This murder/robbery is still under investigation and we expect to charge a least one more person in connection with this matter. None of the suspects charged thus far are students at the University of Memphis.
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 10:25 pm

i'm glad they caught those assholes. apparently, the prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in this case too.

the dude just was going out after his lucky tunica trip to go get some chicken wings and he got shot. being around campus anymore is nuts. so much fucking crime. too many people getting held up at gunpoint, people exposing themselves, attempted rapes. i'm out there late at night finishing up papers and doing research all the time. it's kind of scary. i carry pepper spray, but in the paper rock scissors game of weaponry, a gun wins every time.
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 10:34 pm

I'm so glad they caught those guys too. It makes me sick. Fucking thugs.

I've had occasion to drive by Zach Curlin several times in the last week. They've made a memorial of the tree he crashed into.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 1:27 am

So the next person who they will be charging is a U of M student. Something tells me he may have been along for the ride in Tunica. S.O.B.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 4:08 pm | Edited by: tigergreen

So the next person who they will be charging is a U of M student. Something tells me he may have been along for the ride in Tunica. S.O.B.

I've also heard they're not done....Bradford had a restraining order on an ex-girlfriend, and she may be the next one.

It's so sad...this kid was one of the good ones - honor student, 36 hours away from his degree....makes me sick. Hopefully the DA won't mess around.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 4:23 pm

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 5:52 pm

people exposing themselves

Yeah, but that's a victim-less crime.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 8:21 pm

the guy who was the u of m student, devin jefferson, has an interesting facebook profile talking about how he is all about some money.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®