Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Meth lab in Midtown - oh my!
Posted: Sep 16, 2007 2:17 pm

On the way to CY fest yesterday, we passed a group of cops, hands on guns, about to bust into the house on the SW corner of Evelyn at McLean. On the way home about 10:00, the street was taped off and a big white van that said "Meth Lab Response Unit" on it was backed up to the yard. They had floodlights aimed at the house and tons of stuff bagged up on the lawn. Crazy!
Posted: Sep 16, 2007 2:25 pm

twas on the news... Cooper Young Meth Fest!
Posted: Sep 16, 2007 2:46 pm

Meth Busters!
Posted: Sep 16, 2007 4:31 pm

i was hopin it was a meth lab. sam showed it to me, and said he thought they might be loading cadavers into that van.
man, if they would just quit sellin beer so cheap over here...
Posted: Sep 16, 2007 4:52 pm

i can't believe they just now busted that house. That house has been cooking and dealing for years now
Posted: Sep 16, 2007 4:52 pm

This very same meth lab, er, house, burned last year. The top floor caught fire. I thought someone else had bought it and renovated it, but I guess it never changed hands and the guy decided to resurrect his meth lab on the same property like a phoenix, rising from its own ashes.

Boycott the Barksdale Market, fight the real enemy!
Posted: Sep 16, 2007 5:03 pm

Could you not smell this shit? I know the one by my old Portland apt REEKED all the way to the street.
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 2:51 am

thought they might be loading cadavers into that van.
That's funny. I thought the same and made Jerry turn around so I could take another look. That's when I saw what was really going on. We obviously had nothing better to do.
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 8:58 am

I saw that street was taped off around 8 pm!

uh, isn't that the newest house Hemant bought and renovated?

He had two there already.

Jonathan K. still lives across the street.

Miss Faye, how'd I miss you, didn't see you the whole day.
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 9:22 am

nope, it was behind it, i think. Not his house, anyway.
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 1:05 pm

didn't see you the whole day.
By the time we got to CY, it was nearing six. We hauled ass through the booths - you were gone when we got to y'alls. I'm getting there earlier next year for sure.
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 4:45 pm

I don't think the meth lab has been in use lately. They really reek, and I never smelled anything unusual and I've been in the neighborhood a lot.

Supposedly, the meth lab was discovered by people who were trying to buy the house. I'm guessing the house just got a lot cheaper now that there are signs posted about environmental contamination.
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 5:02 pm | Edited by: jerryd

I'm guessing the house just got a lot cheaper now that there are signs posted about environmental contamination.

I'm sensing your next buy. You better jump all over it.
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 5:52 pm

from the wmc-tv website:

Undercover officers found about two ounces of meth and meth-making materials in a building behind a house in Midtown Memphis.

Official say the people who live at the house are not suspects.

There is no one is in custody tonight.

Stay tuned to Action News 5 at WMCTV.com for updates on this developing story
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 6:42 pm

SCORE!
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 11:56 pm

They really reek, and I never smelled anything unusual and I've been in the neighborhood a lot.
What does a meth lab smell like exactly? I noticed a weird chemical smell in the air this morning . It was a bit on the kerosene-y side but different.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®