Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / New Gus's Chicken opening
Posted: Sep 8, 2007 8:54 am

New satellite Gus's opening in Southaven -Airways at Goodman . If you're in the area ,it might be an option ..............................
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 8:45 pm

what we need is an Uncle Lou's midtown/dowtown branch
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 9:35 pm

Uncle Lou's quality has fallen off lately and their service has deteriorated badly. ( Like number of pieces of chicken in an order or overcooked to rigor mortis).
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 2:07 am

Dont care fuck Gus's Im down with the Lous. Dude is all into franchisin it out so if you gots the $$ there could be one in midtown. Really good stuff not to mention none of the "real deal" places have good service. I dont even expect it.
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 3:23 am

man, i've never been to uncle lou's. i'm going to have to try that place out.
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 6:12 am

gus's out by wolfchase is horrible
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 1:28 am

what is uncle lou's?
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 1:30 am

Uncle Lou's has the "smiley face" french fries.
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 1:44 am

Gus's franchises are very inconsistent.Downtown is usually not too bad.If anyone goes to Mason during Gonerfest I recommend calling and placing your order before leaving Memphis because they usually run out of chicken between 1:30 and 3:00 and earlier if a large group of tourists show up.
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 1:49 am

Uncle Lou's has the "smiley face" french fries.
tell me more, tell me more (sung like the song from grease)
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 5:14 pm

Uncle Lous has the most kick ass biscuits...betcha cant eat just one....dozen.
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 10:33 pm

Hells gyeah they do..shits are addictive man. Their greens and mac and cheese aint half bad either. Anybody ever try to eat the Monster Burger?? If ya eat it in certain amount of time you get your name on the wall.
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 10:38 pm

Uncle Lous has the most kick ass biscuits...betcha cant eat just one....dozen.

WHAT KIND OF IDIOT CARES ABOUT SOMEONE"S BISCUITS??? YOU MIGHT AS WELL RANT FOR THREE PARAGRAPHS ABOUT THEIR FUCKING NAPKINS. I COULD JUST KILL SOMEONE LIKE YOU. ASSHOLE!!!!!
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 10:40 pm

Sorry, I just wanted to see if writing in all capital letters really did achieve the same effect as shouting.
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 10:47 pm

Lou's biscuits are actually just Sam's Club pre -baked biscuits with honey brushed on top. I've spied on them while they were making 'em up.
Posted: Sep 13, 2007 2:21 pm

Bryant's=best biscuits.
Posted: Sep 13, 2007 7:12 pm

good biscuits + worst stomach ache possible=Bryants
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 11:03 pm

I tried the new Gus's yesterday. It was pretty good but they need to back off on the cayenne pepper a little.
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Wot, hold it at arm's length?

I digs Bryants' biscuits, the ones at the Pancake Shop on Summer ain't 'alf bad, either... worst biscuits in Memphis, IMHO, are Brother Juniper's they're like bleedin' lumpy pillows!
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 2:49 pm

Mmmm, Gus's... wearing my Gus's hat and thinking of fried bird... only 4,000 miles away... balls...
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 10:40 pm

just had some uncle lou's wings... DAMN!

deceptive! delicious!
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 11:02 pm

uncle lou's

yeah baby! i had some uncle lou's right before i split memphis for houston...
great stuff. and the scenic tour was fun too
thanks to rumple for the uncle lou's!
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 11:12 am

Damn...missed uncle lous this year!....next year tho!
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 3:00 pm

Is Uncle Lou's on Shelby Drive? Gotta go there in January!
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 3:35 pm

Is Uncle Lou's on Shelby Drive?
that one closed-
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 5:04 pm

millbranch...
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 12:22 am

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 4:22 am

Ellen's SoulFood is also moving (or opening a 2nd place?) to Elvis
Presley at Elliston. Saw it today. Last two times I tried to go the original site it was closed.
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 7:41 pm

tried uncle lou's for the first time tonight and it was positively delicious. :) uncle lou said the food network is coming there on thursday to film them for "diners, drive-ins and dives".
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 10:25 am

Nice....good stuff huh! Wish there was one a little closer to midtown. Makes my mouth water thinkin about it.
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 10:08 pm

So did anybody go check out Uncle Lou's today in front of the cameras?

Finally checked out Miss Polly's chicken on Beale this week -- very good, but the sides were just sort of average, and I think I prefer Gus's when it comes to the bird. Still better than most Beale eateries, tho...

More Food Network goodness: the Neely's show debuts this weekend, and I think the Neelys are even on Good Morning America tomorrow to promote the show and to give good Memphis Super Bowl party tips.
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 1:09 am

my dad and uncle went down there. got on camera and met the host of the show. it's going to air in october, apparently. my dad and my uncle were being dorks. it's hilarious. they called me afterward to tell me about it.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®