Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Anybody else see this? Pancake House.. Police commander being a jek
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 1:48 pm

Posted: Aug 23, 2007 2:04 pm

Yeah, I saw that last night on the news. That kid was pretty well spoken.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 7:23 pm | Edited by: hemant

damn! what a asshole. I'm glad they got it in video...I hope they make an example out of the cop
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 8:02 pm

this isn't the first time that officer has done this to someone. it's just the first time anyone has said anything about it.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 8:13 pm

I was pretty impressed that the owner of the joint stuck up for the kid in the story. Surely it was him that provided the surveillance tape.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 8:18 pm

yeah me too, Alisa. He probably has a ton of cop patrons he could potentially piss off as well. Good on him for calling bullshit in such a public manner.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 8:38 pm

that place is littered with police after 2am most nights of the week. i'm sure they're going to try and "come down" on him for speaking up.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 8:44 pm

yeah good for him for turning in that vid. he'll lose some cop patrons(who often only pay half price in places like that- so they can have cops around) but i think i'm going to hafta go support that place.

12 hour in jail?- sue his pants off.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 8:48 pm

"This is a police table."

Amazing.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 9:04 pm

Further proof that cops aren't paid enough. Higher pay commands a higher standard and trash like this Memphis cop wouldn't make the grade. There should be a heavy penalty to pay for what he did to the guys and for the damage he has done to cops who are not trash. I doubt he gets more than a hard squeeze.
I'll go support the Pancake House by celebrating the Ole Miss victory over Memphis State before the Blasters show at the HiTone.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 9:26 pm

Simpson is a standup guy. I used to work with him on a fundraising project and he amazed me at least once a day. I hope he drags that cop's ass through a field of razors.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 10:30 pm

i think i'm going to hafta go support that place

word. can I get a patty melt and hash browns at the Pancake House at 3:30 am? cause I'll go there in lieu of CK's from now on.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 11:49 pm

The cop knew the case would be dismissed. That's called "doing your time up front." And a civil suit is exactly the right thing to do in this case. I'd be worried about retribution from that cop's buddies. You know ever cruiser in the precinct has his plate number right now.

And I guess that's why the cops can't keep my car from getting broken into. They're too busy harassing people who sit at their table at the pancake palace.
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 1:14 am

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6975731&nav=menu59_2

goodbye officer drewry, we hardly knew ye
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 1:18 am

check out these guys band.. Surprised they didn't find drugs ...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&frien did=20266057
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 1:31 am

check out these guys band.. Surprised they didn't find drugs ...

maybe they do it all for the nookie
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 2:22 am

Dude is 100% straightedge.
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 2:56 am

4 wheelers jumping and hot tub girls in the same video? My new favorite band.
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 3:01 am

OTHER DUDE IS 100 % NOT
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 3:08 am

If that's the case, he lied to me when we worked together. I was referring to drugs, not alcohol. He likes beer like any other good american.
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 5:15 pm

amen to that.

cop retired- victim: "I'm tired of people trying to kill me, people trying to insult me."

from the CA:

Jonathan Simpson says he did nothing to deserve being arrested by a 26-year veteran of the Memphis Police Department last week, and he is steamed.

So steamed, in fact, that he plans to file a lawsuit over the confrontation with Insp. Don Drewry that began around 3:30 a.m. Aug. 16 at The Pancake Shop at 4838 Summer.
Drewry, who retired Thursday as a result of the incident, will no longer face an administrative hearing. But the investigation into his conduct is continuing, police spokesman Sgt. Vince Higgins said.

Higgins said there is a possibility charges could be filed against Drewry, who was a night-duty inspector in the North Precinct.

A security camera inside the restaurant captured what happened when Simpson and two members of his band, IGM, sat down after they were told a certain table was available. A prospective band manager was part of the group.

"An officer walks quickly up behind us and sits down before any of us had a chance to sit down. He said, 'This is a cops table, and you need to sit somewhere else,' " Simpson said.

Although the restaurant welcomes police officers and the implicit protection they provide, owner Bob Druien said there are no tables reserved for them.

Although the group moved, there was some talk among themselves and on a cell phone about the officer. Apparently, Drewry's behavior was called "rude," and Simpson said he was being a "jerk."

"Obviously, the officer was listening to what we were saying and he didn't like that," Simpson said.

"He said, 'You, come here. Turn around, put your hands on the table.' He started arresting me."

Shortly afterward, police cars began arriving in the parking lot -- Simpson said 12, Druien said his waitress counted 22 -- and band member Heath Joyce was also arrested.

"Obviously he thought, long hair, tattoo, showing up at three in the morning. They're just a bunch of drug addicts," said Simpson. "They just stereotyped us."

Simpson said the officers accused them of being intoxicated, but wouldn't give him a Breathalyzer test after he volunteered.

"I can drink two or three beers and be just fine. I'm a grownup. I wanted a public record of this that I'm not (drunk)," Simpson said.

Simpson said police also damaged their car while searching it. The pair spent several hours in jail before they were released the next day.

The charges were dropped, Higgins said.

Druien, saying he spent 11 years as a cop in Florida, was clearly upset a week later.

"The man was way out of line," Druien said, adding that officers have stopped eating at the restaurant.

Despite Drewry's retirement, Simpson -- who was shot in the chest during a robbery in Midtown last year -- still plans to go ahead with the lawsuit.

"I'm tired of people trying to kill me, people trying to insult me," he said.

-- Jody Callahan: 529-6531
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 7:11 pm

cop retired- victim: "I'm tired of people trying to kill me, people trying to insult me."

What is this? Falling Down????
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®