Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Obituary: Joybubbles, formerly of Memphis and Millington.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 11:58 pm

Posted: Aug 21, 2007 12:18 am

I would say "that is the weirdest thing I've ever heard", but things are so much weirder now. Karl Rove's father had cock rings...etc.
I'm starting to just blank out on everything. Everything is too weird...most everyone I've ever met (or haven't met; re: Joybubbles) is just out there doing really weird shit. What's up with this? Everything is too strange.
I want to move to Vilas, NC and live on a cow farm.
Fuck whistling Dixie.
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 12:33 am

Joe was one of the people who taught me how to phone phreak in 1982. I blame my lifelong ability to decode touch tones and whistle a 2600hz tone on Joe. I had no idea what had ever happened to him. The Joybubbles thing is very weird.

This is weird sad news.
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 5:51 pm

whoa, what a weird story... THIS is the kind of movie I wanna watch on Lifetime or the Biography Channel!
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 8:09 pm

I remember someone who made a digital version of this tone. And you could go to pay phones and play this sound out of a little speaker and it would let you call for free.....pretty cool but alot of work for a call.
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 8:17 pm

I remember someone who made a digital version of this tone. And you could go to pay phones and play this sound out of a little speaker and it would let you call for free.....pretty cool but alot of work for a call.

that, my friend, is known as the "red box!"

back in '96 or so, me and Glenn DC made one from those hallmark cards that would let you record your own audio greeting message on them. a monumental waste of time to fuck the phone company out of pocket change.
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 9:14 pm

He lived on Social Security disability payments and part-time jobs like letting university agriculture researchers use his superb sense of smell to investigate how to control the odor of hog excrement.

everything has always been strange.

RIP.
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 1:22 am

Joe Strummer would have been 55 today.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®