Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / printer's alley
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 5:37 pm

they're starting to have a lot of shows. i went the other night and it sounded pretty decent and was super laid back.

come on tues and check out little claw, pink reason, and the barbaras!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/aprilnovak78/flyers/littlclaw2.j pg
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 5:41 pm

yeah printer's is straight up live music now seven nights a week. i checked out the warble there and not only was the warble really good, it sounded good.
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 5:44 pm | Edited by: april n

yeah they seem super excited about having shows and bringing in an earlier crowd!
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 12:18 am

Ugh. That flyer is grody. What is it? Gangrene?
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 1:11 am

Ugh. That flyer is grody. What is it? Gangrene?

It's sporotrichosis.

The date on the poster is tommorow, August 21. Joe strummer would have been 55. It looks like his hand after a late 1970s-very early 1980s show.
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 1:29 am

I think I bought drugs there once. Is that the same place? I remember it was like 10 am one morning and my friend said "lets go here" and I was like, "no way is anything gonna be open this early". Sure enough, we walked in and it was like as if it was 11pm at night or somethin. Crowded, crazy, the whole bit. Whoda thunk!!! Full of assholes but great place for that type of thing I guess. Xtremly expensive however....And they dealer was a fuckhead. Where do the bands play? By the pool table?
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 2:41 am

no they moved the pool table to a back room. the only thing that kinda sucks is you gotta walk through the band to get to the pool table room or bathroom.

that picture came from a 1940s textbook on dermatology i bought the other day. there's some pretty gross pictures.

and yeah....that show is tomorrow! i think that it's gonna be a good one. i hope people come.
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 3:01 am

also a week from tomorrow on the 28th the terrible twos, frustrations, and sector zero are playing there!
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 3:52 am

dont do drugs
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 6:39 pm

Barbara's don't do drugs !!!
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 12:07 am

where's heath dammit.
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 12:22 am

Printer's Alley just makes me think about watching the sun come up for all the wrong reasons.
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 12:28 am

I think I bought drugs there once. Is that the same place?

Undoubtably.
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 1:19 am

Printer's Alley just makes me think about watching the sun come up for all the wrong reasons.

I actually drove there in a snow storm at 5:45am one Saturday morning because the Brits that owned the joint had satellite and the Manchester City/Manchester U@#*%d derby was on...they let me watch it...I practically had to crawl over drunks to get in the place.
Typical City...lost.
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 2:14 pm

actually drove there in a snow storm at 5:45am one Saturday morning

I'll bet.
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 2:38 pm

Oh what I do for Manchester City Football....they thought I was crazy...but I had no idea that the place would still be raging at 6am...
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 8:52 pm

Yeah...I never wanna go back after the experience I had there at 10am one morning last year.....
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 9:41 pm

Yeah...I never wanna go back after the experience I had there at 10am one morning last year.....
You mean you found one there that you actually WOULD throw out of the sack?
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 10:15 pm

heath showed!
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 10:17 pm

HAWW!
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 10:57 pm

It's not really even a dump anymore. And they've pretty much run off the sketchiest elements.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 4:51 am | Edited by: jerryd

And they've pretty much run off the sketchiest elements.

So you mean besides Murphys and SideStreet, it's not the easiest place to score blow anymore?

Man, I'm so out of the loop!
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 6:46 am

So you mean besides Murphys and SideStreet, it's not the easiest place to score blow anymore?

Maybe SideStreet, but not Murphy's dude. Once again, wrong info being spred.

You're only about 8 years late on that one.
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 7:43 am

Awesome! Now I know where to go next time I'm in town and need a little pick me up! Thanks Jerry!
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 7:07 pm

They ran off the sketchy elements? What'd they do that for???
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®