Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / good mechanic in this town?
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 11:45 pm

have a problem with the ol ride and I know what needs to be done and Im getting quotes that differ by hundreds of dollars...whats a good place that doesnt tell you a $30 part costs $150 and doesnt add 2 or 3 hours to the actual labor time...LOTS of rip off artists in the town
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 11:53 pm

JEFF AT POWERHOUSE MOTORS!!!!!

I am writing in all caps because I love him so much. He's seen me through many, many cars. He fixed the 1976 Volare up for The Driver so good that it drove all the way from here to Toronto with no problems.
He's at Union and Fourth, across from the ballpark. He's an helluva nice guy, and he's honest. His wife is a gospel singer, and he's not about to cheat anyone.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 12:25 am

I''ve heard great things about Powerhouse(never used them though). The best and most honest shop I've run across in town is Reeds on Monroe. Where one mechanic tried to charge me $900, Reeds told me what was really wrong and ended up costing $190.

VERY HONEST GUYS!!! I CAN ALSO USE ALL CAPS ALISA!!!
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 12:28 am

GO, JERRYD!!!
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 4:00 am

I like the people at tracy's. honest and they do good work. imports only, I believe.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 2:40 pm

man, I'm embarrassed to say I don't know dick about cars other than changing a flat or a battery... but I've been using Smitty's on Highland (right across from River Records) pretty much exclusively since 2000 and they've always been incredibly helpful, cordial and (I assume) honest.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 5:03 pm

I second Tracy's. GONER APPROVED!!!!!!! Sam runs the place - easily the most comfortable I've ever been w/ a car repair joint. Monroe and Marshall.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®