Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Does The Commercial Appeal do this just to irritate The Memphis Flyer?
Posted: Aug 12, 2007 5:17 pm

In the well-designed and orchestrated Memphis Most section of The Commercial Appeal today, the first word of the first section, Memphis Faces, is spelled incorrectly and that word is "Y'all."
Posted: Aug 12, 2007 7:26 pm

Most Magnificent Music Venue:

Mud Island Ampitheater!

Perfect for people who like to see a show once a decade!
Posted: Aug 12, 2007 7:31 pm

Robby Grant was a finalist for Most Memphis Musician - next to BB King and Elvis!
Posted: Aug 12, 2007 9:39 pm

If you haven't read it, it's irrelevant.
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 1:32 am

Good handle, Johnny Moondog. I wish I had seen Johnny and the Moondogs, but only saw Paul and Ringo some.
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 2:14 am

oh, for fuck's sake.
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 2:57 am

The CA was there and ruling before the Flyer decided to ply its trade. Give the old boy a break.
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 10:31 am

oh, for fuck's sake.

And that just about nails it, I reckon...
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 10:10 pm

who's irritated? we'll just be doing the Best of Memphis, same as we always have. Thanks for voting everyone!
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 11:36 pm

it's two different audiences, there's plenty of room for everyone.
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 12:07 am

ehhh. i wonder if the flyer's best bbq category will be overrun with nasty ass corky's bbq fans like the CA was. ugh. corky's is fucking gross. i ate there maybe 2 weeks ago with my dad and uncle and i couldn't stand their ribs. yuck.
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 1:04 am

ehhh. i wonder if the flyer's best bbq category will be overrun with nasty ass corky's bbq fans like the CA was. ugh. corky's is fucking gross. i ate there maybe 2 weeks ago with my dad and uncle and i couldn't stand their ribs. yuck.

god that just pissed me off. the CA crowd has the most generic taste in everything. it makes me sick.
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 1:49 am

the flyer voters pick Target as the best gift store every year!!

not that I'm not partial to the Flyer's Best of Memphis!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®