Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Sherman in the Chicago Sun-Times
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 3:00 pm

Posted: Aug 6, 2007 3:23 pm

My only beef with the tour were the empty spaces I saw. I suppose it is a philosophical question if that's a problem of the tour or an issue with the city of Memphis, but even ghost sites give tourists an idea how cultures collide in Memphis neighborhoods.

Right. Either Sherman or the city needs to put up some facades covering up the empty lots littering our town & promoting a happier, more prosperous look for Memphis.
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 4:23 pm

We can put a old bluesman in front of every vacant building in Memphis just to reinforce the notion that we're the home of the blues. That would be a lot easier than actually making Memphis happier and more prosperous and would probably end up costing about as much as we spend on the totally fucking useless music commission.
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 5:43 pm

I'm glad Sherman's getting some ink and all, but that is some bad writing. I know newspapers are taking a financial hit, but is the Sun Times hiring 1st-year journalism students?
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 6:44 pm | Edited by: jumpbackjake

We can put a old bluesman in front of every vacant building in Memphis just to reinforce the notion that we're the home of the blues

Then the whole city would look like Beale St. But really it'd probably have to be mainly 40-year-old white blues men playing "Pride and Joy" for hours on end.
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 7:04 pm

I didn't read it yet, but...
New campaign platform for the next mayor:
A trumpet for every indigent!
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 8:09 pm

Maybe I missed it, but I never saw "Wilmott's" first name mentioned.
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 8:27 pm

I had a dream the other night that Sherman put out a Jerky Boys cd on his new label and the label name was in neon styling of 'sugarhill' records only it said 'Shermont Records'.

I was like wow!
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 8:29 pm

Maybe I missed it, but I never saw "Wilmott's" first name mentioned.

Yeah, there seemed to be a chunk of text missing?
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 9:02 pm

he only needs one name!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®