Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / GRAVY TRAIN!!! don't miss em tomorrow night at the hi tone!
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 2:57 pm

seriously!!
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 8:31 pm

yep.
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 12:47 am

it's going to be totally gay.....friendly.
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 2:08 am

Cool. A good night to go grocery shopping or run other errands, as the Gravy Train fans will be elsewhere.
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 5:44 am

just how many gravy train fans does memphis have, exactly?
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 5:46 am

i'm guessing not that many haha
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 3:39 pm

nobunny!
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 4:05 pm

earles you have a hard time shopping because of GRAVY TRAIN fans in your way?
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 4:32 pm

Posted: Jul 25, 2007 5:32 pm

"own personalized bowl"
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 6:01 pm

i'll be there!

I only regret that this show is in direct conflict with my plans to roll andrew's yard tonight
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 6:18 pm

I would love for this show to be worse than some of the other shows I've seen in Memphis....

but I doubt it will be!
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 8:09 am

was it better? was it worse?

it was GRAVY TRAIN....

SEX PRISON was the best!
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 5:52 pm

I never said I was going!!
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 6:04 pm

i had fun :)
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 8:19 pm

Was Old Roy there?

Did he get kicked in the Kibbles n' Bits?
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 8:23 pm

you can go to a starbucks any day of the week to see a bunch of homos with i-pods
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 8:28 pm

Worst show I ever had the dis-pleasure to run sound for.
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 8:45 pm

That one chick in the band (the frosted blonde) can go fk herself. She was talking all this shit about Memphis being a "frat-town" because the Hi-Tone has Jell-O shots. I'm sorry, but if you're 30 years old, living in the Bay Area, in a quasi-fabu fag band, you really don't need to still be hung up on "frat guys." And then, after all this falderol about how crazy and gay they are ("I pissed in the beer bong in some guy's mouth in Toronto"), this fat bitch's fat tits flopped out of her fat haltertop, and she fell down on stage and started crying, like she's Mary Lou Retton or something.
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 8:52 pm

Gravy Train?? Seriously, did we just time warp back to 2004?
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 8:53 pm

Y'all all seem to be pretty familiar with these guys ...
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 9:02 pm

Worst show I ever had the dis-pleasure to run sound for.

It didn't look/sound tremendously promising, to be honest.
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 9:33 pm

Did they really make their own gravy if you add water?
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 10:30 pm

Sounds awesome. West coast, overly-PC, cry baby, faux-edgy, fake rap, 80's dance bullshit. Like that Oakland/San Fran/Portland/Olympia THE-REST-OF-THE-WORLD-IS-RACIST-30-YEAR-OLDS-WITH-HELLO KITTY-UNICORN-LUNCHBOXES-AND-STAR-TATS nonsense is any more unique or less drone-like than the frat boy aesthetic. Someone needs to airlift those fuckers to a remote island. And after five days, introduce 100% of Memphis' criminal element to the mix.
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 11:08 pm

Oh my god, I just walked in and the one-eyed homeless guy was on my computer!! I'd never write something that stupid!!
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 12:01 am

i feel like i'm missing out on something b/c i'm a big dyke but i can't listen to this shit at. all. ever. gravy train is so terrible to me that i can't even put it into words.

i'm just wondering how the show was. i'm glad to know memphis hates gravy train. i would have liked to have been there laughing in the back with everybody.

memphis > homos every time.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 12:03 am | Edited by: Miss Faye

Oh my god, I just walked in and the one-eyed homeless guy was on my computer

Your penis!
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 12:20 am

i'm glad to know memphis hates gravy train.
Your mistaken. Almost everyone in the place was right down front dancing...somehow. The term "keepin' it real" doesn't apply to this place sometimes.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 12:34 am

They thought Buck was hot. Did you get to make out with them after the show, dude? hehe
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 2:33 am

I've never in my life been so glad to have taken a much-needed night off. It costs way more than a bill for me to have to look at people's dicks or listen to crap like that.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 2:57 am | Edited by: Mark Rochambeaux

I still say they're the friggin' Beatles compared to a lot of bands, including many that are mentioned/promoted on this board.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 3:21 am

Your penis!

Sorry Earles. That was jerryd thinking about your penis, not me.

I must sign out. I must sign out. I must sign out...
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 3:22 am

we've been picking glitter off all day.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 3:33 am

Your penis!

have you seen your other hit posts, such as i love cock (and i'm not talking about roosters)?
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 5:08 am

wow
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 5:14 am

"keepin' it real"

real dumb, maybe. heh.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 5:15 am

uh, i thought jello shots were a gay thing, hence my making them for 80's night and gravy train!!! which is fine. i enjoy a little jello shooter myself every now and then. that doesn't make me gay, i think. and is there really much difference between a gay thing and a frat thing anyway?
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 5:50 am

the one-eyed homeless guy

I am terrified of him!
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 6:03 am

personally, i was amused by the show, it was pretty amateur & low-fi for what it was. and seriously, when they played guitar, bass, and drums for "sex prison," it sounded like a sexy Sector Zero or some shit. I expected it to suck, wasn't offended when i didn't love it, and of course- the main caveat- i didn't pay to get in. i stayed longer than i would for a free 80s DJ night.

Justin No Bunny/ Okmoniks did merch, and rules.

And then Jeff & Ross, despite technical difficulties, sounded amazing at the Buccaneer.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 1:03 pm

have you seen your other hit posts, such as i love cock (and i'm not talking about roosters)?

Yeah. But I found the "I love Ann Coulter" post way more offensive.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 5:29 pm

Justin No Bunny/ Okmoniks did merch, and rules.

total.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 7:29 pm

it was a gay old time and i'm not talkin about happy.reflectin on the whole event there music sucked but redemption was there becuz they was in some punk bands when they were younger. whoopity fuckin doo.extremely photogenic though and nice people to boot. what a grayt band. and i mean gr8 dollars worth grate
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 12:14 am

Yeah, like I said before, they are some insecure turds for being so gay and San Francisco-ized. I bet they all got run out of Modesto or San Luis Obispo and found solace in the gay underground of gay Oakland. Gay.

Best part was as I was leaving the bathroom right by the green room, I hear "Get out of my way, I have diarrhea!" and lo and behold it's ol' saggy-tits after wiping off the triple coating of running mascara from her mortified tears at having her top fall off.
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 6:00 am

Best part was as I was leaving the bathroom right by the green room, I hear "Get out of my way, I have diarrhea!" and lo and behold it's ol' saggy-tits after wiping off the triple coating of running mascara from her mortified tears at having her top fall off.

God, I can't believe I missed this just because the music sucked.
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 4:58 pm

you gotta get your priorities straight.
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 8:48 pm

Gravy Train was some Damn Good Dog Food
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 5:19 am

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 11:50 pm

West coast, overly-PC, cry baby, faux-edgy, fake rap, 80's dance bullshit. Like that Oakland/San Fran/Portland/Olympia THE-REST-OF-THE-WORLD-IS-RACIST-30-YEAR-OLDS-WITH-HELLO KITTY-UNICORN-LUNCHBOXES-AND-STAR-TATS nonsense is any more unique or less drone-like

ha ha you guys are killing me! we have to put up with that shit ALL OF THE TIME!!!!
"dance rock" is HUGE around here --- nobody knows how to dance!!!

at least there's 4 million people available so tastes vary wildly. PHEW!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®