Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Pink Palace rock exhibit
Posted: Jul 6, 2007 2:33 am

Anybody know about the rock n roll exhibit going on there? do they still have free or cheap times?

you know, when i had only heard of it, I thought that place was a shake joint.
Posted: Jul 6, 2007 3:50 am

Most of the exhibit is aimed at middle school kids, like the science of sound stuff. There are a lot of nice photographs of some left-of-center artists (mostly groups and individuals that the British would really like, though not exclusively British artists). Go on a day that Stephen is working. We've got a family pass but we haven't been stopped to show it in a few months...
Posted: Jul 6, 2007 5:43 am

i've been wanting to check that out. i saw something about it in downtowner magazine and i was wondering if it was cool.

the admission price i *think* is 8.50 for adults if i remember correctly. if you want to do that AND go to the imax, it's 13 for both for adults. they're open at 9 but i forget what time they close, but it's earlier on sundays than the rest of the week. i don't think they have any days that are free though, unfortunately. i'd be all up on that then. heheh.

the exhibit is there til early september.
Posted: Jul 6, 2007 7:06 am

Do they still have the shrunken head?
Posted: Jul 6, 2007 3:31 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®