Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / LEZ ZEPPELIN IS COMING THIS SATURDAY!
Posted: Jul 3, 2007 6:29 pm

LEZ ZEPPELIN â€" AN ALL-FEMALE TRIBUTE TO LED ZEPPELIN - ROCKS THE GIBSON LOUNGE THIS SATURDAY, JULY 7

Since forming in 2004, LEZ ZEPPELIN - the NYC-based, all-girl, all-Zeppelin quartet has gained unanimous critical acclaim as one of the most exciting live acts around, becoming the first female rock act to pay homage to Led Zeppelin and to garner rave reviews across the board. LEZ ZEPPELIN stays true to the musically audacious spirit of the original, delivering the legendary rock band's blistering arrangements and monstrous sound note-for-note at sold-out frenzied shows around the world. The thing that sets them apart is the seamless and unique way LEZ ZEPPELIN inject their gender-bending performance into the original material.

They have been featured on major television including the BBC, CNN, ABC, WB, and on various radio stations. The album was produced by legendary producer/engineer, Eddie Kramer. Kramer is best known for his work with Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Kiss, Lauren Hill and AC/DC.

Channeling Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and John Bonham are: Sarah McLellan on vocals; Steph Paynes on electric & acoustic guitar and Theremin; Lisa Brigantino on bass, keyboards and mandolin; and Helen Destroy on drums.

The New York Times raved that "Strapping on the double-necked Gibson with attitude to burn, this all-girl quartet pays tribute to its swaggering namesake Led Zeppelin, ripping through the catalog with blazing accuracy." Bob Stanley of The Times of London hailed, "they are the best band I've seen all year, no question," and CNN.com recently ran a front page feature that called the group so "electrifying" they are "driving club audiences to a frenzy." Finally, John Fishman from the band Phish said that it was his "Favorite live performance from the past twelve months…. I can't believe how much they sound like Led Zeppelin."

Lez Zeppelin will appear this Saturday, July 7th at the Gibson Lounge, located at 145 Lt. George W. Lee Ave., across from the FedEx Forum. Doors open at 7pm, show time begins at 8pm. Tickets can be purchased at gibsonshowcase.tickets.musictoday.com, in the Gibson Retail Store or at the door on the day of the show for $15.
Posted: Jul 3, 2007 6:32 pm

the NYC-based, all-girl, all-Zeppelin quartet has gained unanimous critical acclaim as one of the most exciting LEZ acts around
Posted: Jul 3, 2007 6:53 pm

they should be in a battle of the bands with The Whoremoans...

or did they break up?
Posted: Jul 3, 2007 7:03 pm | Edited by: eric o

Pussuaders, Razebrae, L7 and the Lunachicks in there, too!
Posted: Jul 3, 2007 8:22 pm

Maybe this all girl band in Ohio I saw once called "Bloody Discharge" can be on the bill as well!
Posted: Jul 3, 2007 9:05 pm

15$ for a cover band?!?!
Posted: Jul 3, 2007 10:09 pm

Only $15 for what 'John Fishman from the band Phish said that it was his "Favorite live performance from the past twelve months…. I can't believe how much they sound like Led Zeppelin."'
Posted: Jul 3, 2007 10:10 pm

I just paid a copy of Led Zeppelin II $15... I couldn't believe how much it sounded like Led Zeppelin!
Posted: Jul 3, 2007 10:11 pm

but, was there any girl on girl action?
Posted: Jul 3, 2007 11:07 pm

Well, I REALLY want to start a Descendants cover band.

Sucks, probably wouldn't be able to get $15 a head, though.
Posted: Jul 4, 2007 12:35 am

...starring SHELLY LONG as... THE RINGMASTER!
Posted: Jul 5, 2007 12:22 am

They are not as good as that fag led zeppelin cover band IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR.
Posted: Jul 5, 2007 3:13 pm

zing!
Posted: Jul 6, 2007 10:35 pm

Out here we've got the Battle of the AC/DC chick tribute bands:

AC/DShe:

http://acdshe.com/

Hell's Belles:

http://www.hellsbelles.info/
Posted: Jul 6, 2007 11:59 pm

what's next? All dude cover bands?
Posted: Jul 7, 2007 12:11 am

covering the Runaways.
Posted: Jul 7, 2007 12:29 am

or covering dickless, could be called the dicks
Posted: Jul 7, 2007 1:29 am

Not as cool as Cheap Chick.
Posted: Jul 7, 2007 7:29 pm | Edited by: miss linda

what's next? All dude cover bands?

the WO-MENTORS!

I get to be "Sickie Husband Beater"
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®