Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: May 18, 2007 3:12 pm

31 years ago tonight, I was in the Omni in Atlanta, seeing the Paul McCartney show for the first time. I was a pimply faced, expelled-from-school wanna-be hoodlum too young to drive. It was hard to concentrate on "Magneto & Titanium Man," "Rock Show" and other Venus & Mars songs because the older gal next to me was so hot and she reminded me of the cool and exciting high school girls I saw in head shops. I decided she must be at least a junior in high school and I was excited.
And then, she started talking about sex.
We were on the 10th row and she repeatedly pointed at Paul, saying, "He's sexy! Oh God, he's so sexy! He's so SEXY!" Today, she would irritate me. Then, all I could think of was sex. She was talking to her friends, mostly, but occasionally she would jerk her head toward at me and her Joey Heatherton-cut hair would fly around and she would say, "He's so sexy!"
What could I say to this hot, young, throbbing mess of femininity that would make her overlook that at 14, I was at least two or three years younger and that about 20 yards away, Paul McCartney was singing "Yesterday"?
I focused on the threading of her cotton Bowie shirt as I lifted my hand and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned to me and I looked into her green butterfly-kaleidoscope eyes and said, "I went to see Jerry Garcia about a month ago in Memphis."
She crinkled up her nose like I had just made the cutest joke and turned back to Paul McCartney.
I liked touching her on the shoulder, so I did it again.
When she turned back to me, I noted the gloss of lips as I said "And last week in Memphis, I went to see Bruce Springsteen."
She stopped dancing in her seat and looked me for a second. She pointed a finger at me, and I still remember her nails were a bright, bright candy-apple red.
"I know who you're talking about," she said, "and HE is sexy!"
Then, she touched me. She squeezed my shoulder and held on. I wondered if I felt 14. She turned to her girlfriend, pointed at me, and said, "He went to see that Bruce Springsteen."
Her friend was a cutie with page-boy cut black hair. She looked at me for a moment and then at her friend next to me with a "Huh?" look.
Just at that time, the band started "Medicine Jar" and I forgot about all the girls around me.
Posted: May 18, 2007 3:26 pm

This story doesn't mention multiple nude soccer moms or start with "Dear Penthouse Forum".

Barely jackable.
Posted: May 18, 2007 7:26 pm

Joey Heatherton

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

E. had Ammo, I had Joey
Posted: May 19, 2007 4:03 am

Just at that time, the band started "Medicine Jar" and I forgot about all the girls around me.

ummmm....... ahhh nevermind
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 9:17 pm

bump
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 9:34 am

Do you think they have Paul McCartney on the jukebox at the Pumping Station?
Posted: Apr 11, 2013 12:12 am

Do you think they have Paul McCartney on the jukebox at the Pumping Station?

Nothin' but!
Posted: Apr 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Penthouse letters about amputees ARE sexy!
Posted: Apr 19, 2013 12:32 am

wait a minute here ,,, I got cheated
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®