Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: May 12, 2007 7:34 pm

i just heard he died Wednesday from an overdose.

jesus fucking christ
Posted: May 12, 2007 8:13 pm

i got an email from his girlfriend telling me that he had died. services are supposed to be on monday. :(
Posted: May 12, 2007 8:16 pm

RIP
This is sad.
Posted: May 12, 2007 9:10 pm

How horrible. I don't think I knew him other than on this board, but it is really sad.
Posted: May 12, 2007 9:56 pm

woah....i'd talked to him online.....never met him in person....i got a message from him on tuesday.....i was still meaning to write him back. that's really sad.
Posted: May 12, 2007 10:22 pm

From when we were 16 until 22 or so (we were exactly the same age), Jason Rhea and I were very close, even inseparable (or "best friends") during part of that time. Jason went in his direction, and I went in mine. I got the sporadic call over the past 5 - 6 years, and spent a couple of evenings hanging out over the past year and a half. I don't feel like getting into things right now. But I urge everyone to think and have respect before they post....I'll leave it at that. The cause of death is currently inconclusive, toxicology reports are still pending...it may not have been an OD.
Posted: May 12, 2007 11:52 pm

Oh, man, that is terribly sad. Only hung out with dude a few times, but ......
Posted: May 13, 2007 1:16 am

definitely did not mean any disrespect. Jason and I hung out a few times about 6 months ago - he would always come hang out when I dj'ed at The Hitone - just relaying what was his best friend Carlos said. When something this terrible happens you just want to commiserate with others who knew him.

I'm really sorry for your loss Andrew.
Posted: May 13, 2007 1:21 am

Also, this is double sad cuz Carlos just lost his mom about a year ago ...
Posted: May 13, 2007 1:23 am

I didn't mean to come off in a grandstanding, look-at-me nature or anything, and not that death is simple, it's just that this is a particularily complex situation for those of us that grew up with Jason, or were close to him "back in the day" - there are a few of of us on the board. I'm not going to post anything else about this. I don't want to be one those people. One of the most irritating aspects of death is when people force others to deal with it, expecting sympathy, in person appearances, and such and not allowing people to deal with it on their own terms. People do this for attention....a "look, I care, and you're an asshole for not caring" type of thing. Ha, with each extra sentence I type, I'm becoming one......
Posted: May 13, 2007 1:24 am

Oh, and with that complaint, I was not referring to anyone on the board.
Posted: May 13, 2007 1:24 am

I'm really sorry for your loss Andrew.

Thanks.
Posted: May 13, 2007 1:26 am

I'm not going to post anything else about this.

Whoops.
Posted: May 13, 2007 3:07 am

NO.
Posted: May 13, 2007 4:41 am

Now's the time for me to get this out in the open then. I went to high school with Jason, and hung out with him many epic nights. One night we were at some crazy decadent party and another guy and I asked if we could borrow his car. Jason, being the ever gracious friend, handed over his keys to two drunk 17 year old boys with a smile on his face.

This guy and I drove Jason's car to the store to get beer or something, and on the way drove through about 20 front yards. Why? I can't say. As an owner of a front yard now do I think we were idiots? Absolutely. That aside, we arrived back at the party and for some reason the car would only drive in reverse forever after that. Jason never once spoke an ill word to either of us, I think in complete understanding that when having fun sometimes shit happens.

He was a good soul, and I'm sad to hear he's gone.
Posted: May 13, 2007 2:17 pm

It's in the paper today....arrangements incomplete but Bartlett Funeral home is in charge
372-5555.
So sorry for his friends and family
Posted: May 13, 2007 10:53 pm

10 AM, Tuesday, Bartlett Funeral Home
Posted: May 14, 2007 8:09 am | Edited by: eric o

fuck. jason.

we'll miss him.
Posted: May 14, 2007 3:47 pm

thanks for your messages this weekend andy. we had a lot of fun together - the two of you were always spectacular at coming up with crazy things to do to keep us entertained back in the day.
Posted: May 14, 2007 5:27 pm

oh man, I am sorry to read this.
thinking about all you people who grew up with him...
I hope his crazy soul is at rest.
Posted: May 14, 2007 6:36 pm

and before anyone misconstrues it, i didn't mean crazy in a bad way -- more in a genius, always flying by the seat of his pants, crank phone call cracking up kinda way... JDR immortalized himself with me a decade ago, with that Candlebox call...
Posted: May 16, 2007 12:34 am

i am very sorry to hear this. r.i.p.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®