Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / someone to cut my lawn?
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 2:01 am

my landlord called me today and said that i need to get my lawn cut soon or she's gonna get it done and charge me. i asked her how much her person charges and it's 60 bucks! anyone know of anyone affordable? when i lived in the other house crackheads would walk up and offer to cut it for 10-20 bucks. i haven't had any crackheads offer here.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 2:12 am

my landlord called me today and said that i need to get my lawn cut soon o

isn't that the landlord's job? my last midtown apt the landlord had a yard man, apt before that the landlord did it himself. I guess I was lucky
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 2:14 am

well, this is the only house she owns other than mine. up until a month ago there was a guy living on the other side of the duplex that cut it and i just have him gas money
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 2:21 am

is it part of your lease that you have to maintain the yard?
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 2:40 am

well i don't know if it's written down, but she did mention it before i signed the lease.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 3:24 am

I've seen the front, how big is the back yard?
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 3:47 am

it's not very big....maybe slightly bigger than the front?
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 3:59 am

i'll not only mow your lawn, but i will water your flower beds.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 3:59 am

Well, it's not supposed to clear up until Thursday, but I'll holler at you before then.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 4:01 am

Whoops! Sorry, CC!
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 4:17 am

Call the Herlihy boy!
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 4:26 am

Call the Herlihy boy!

who?
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 5:53 am

Whoops! Sorry, CC!

And by this I mean, "TAG", Circuit City. You're it!
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 6:25 am | Edited by: hethurr

Call the Herlihy boy!

Posted: Apr 24, 2007 8:33 am

Just buy a mower they cost $100.00 ucks at some places...I would cut it for ya but that would be a $5.00 cover charge..My mower needs the gas money he's from outta town...
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 3:57 pm

Sweet mother of god what is the hold up!? Let the boy sleep in your bed! He said he'd wash the damn sheets!
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 4:52 pm

I was expecting this thread to be one long euphemism.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 5:26 pm

. i haven't had any crackheads offer here.

you lucky, lucky girl.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 5:27 pm

well, I guess "offering" and coming by EVERY GODDAM DAY TO THE POINT WHERE I'VE QUIT ANSWERING THE DOOR are two different things.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 5:32 pm

I'd prob do it dirt cheap, cause I find a very Hank Hill zen like peace when I cut a yard, plus I need crack. But, I'm not back in town till next week on the 1st. if ya need it that week, holler.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 6:07 pm

How long a euphemism were you looking for, champ?
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 9:18 pm

Thanks for the Herlihy Boy sketch. Forgot how funny that was.

'You vicious bastards!!'
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 10:23 pm

well i don't have any money until a week from fri....i warned my landlord that i had to wait.....so what's the typical price to pay?

maybe i should just buy one if they're not too expensive. i've never actually mowed a lawn before, but i'm willing to learn.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 10:26 pm

i've never actually mowed a lawn before, but i'm willing to learn.

Wow. That's pretty nutty. Actually, I did not mow my backyard but once last year. I couldn't afford a lawnmower...they run about $200 for a decent one. And NO ONE would get the hint and buy me one for Christmas, my birthday, or mother's day.

My boy'll do it for $20...that's way cheap. The Jackson Ave. crackheads used to charge me $40 for my front lawn.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 1:10 am | Edited by: jerryd

i need to get my lawn cut soon or she's gonna get it done and charge me

it's not very big....maybe slightly bigger than the front?

i've never actually mowed a lawn before

Actually, I did not mow my backyard but once last year

uummm, are you guys talking about what I think you're talking about?
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 1:55 am

April ,are none of those slugs you hang out with at Murphy's willing to help you?
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 4:38 am | Edited by: Quinn

Give me a shout April, I may be able to help, regardless if you have crack. Slugs eh?
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 5:04 am

can someone please come mow the lawn here? neither alix nor i have a lawn mower and the grass is looking pretty overgrown. the landlord came and mowed the lawn the last time, but he's not been out for a few weeks. got money. will pay. dunno about 40 dollars though. that's kinda steep.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 5:15 am

Is it like the 1950's or something?? Since when are women so lazy ...
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 5:26 am

If they focus too much on yardwork, they're going to fuck up my dinner.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 6:01 am

i'm not really lazy.....just broke. i'd mow the lawn if i had a mower...i've heard it burns alot of calories
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 6:02 am

cut the yard and cook me a potpie!!!
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 7:46 am

yeah - i thought women like u were suppossed to wear bandanas while doing yard work?

you gotta pull on my lawn mower real hard a few times to get it going but when it starts humming that bad boy could split shelby farms.

anyways, i'll rake your back yard, and blow on your chode for a buccaneer wristband or a spindle of cd-rs
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 7:52 am

it burns calories alright, but it will also start to burn near your walnut grove region. you might want a doc to check that out. any m.ds on the goner board?
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 9:39 am

Elle ,I might could cut your yard if it's not knee high.I don't have a bush hog. How's about instead of cash , a couple of passes to Roller Derby? email: Rumple4skin1982 at AO hell dot com P S: this would be a one time deal as I'm not applying for Goner Yard boy at my age.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 11:19 am

avg. midtown type yard. 20 bucks give or take 5. Why? I'm not hurting for money at all, I just really do like mowing yards, plus I may be retarded. Please don't tell me if I am.

I blew my cool sometime back when a girlfriend told me she had hired someone to mow her lawn. I ended up doing it (free, natch) all summer.

no leaf type shit either. cue the MC5's second album.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 2:33 pm

I've not lazy either, I've just had a hell of a hard time keeping lawnmowers. My backyard is 250 feet deep, and the ecosystem radically changed when I lost 3 and a half big trees in Hurricane Elvis. Before that it was all nice and shady and easy to manage. Who knew that sunshine could cause strange weed and grasses to grow rampant?
Mother just gave me her lawnmower, and it's starting to get manageable out there. I actually like mowing too.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 3:17 pm | Edited by: alix

jay, you never mowed the yard on faxon, don't lie. You paid crackheads to do it.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 4:27 pm

riding mower.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 4:28 pm

get a goat feed the goat kill the goat eat the goat and pay the crackheads to clean up the shit it's cheapest.or just torch the lawn SCORCH IT BLACK IT WON'T GROW BACK
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 10:59 pm

I've got a guy who will cut it for 30 dollars up to an acre! That's a good deal.
Posted: Jun 27, 2007 2:48 pm

jerry do you still have this guy? All I need is my tiny front yard cut while I'm out of town this summer. My sister's checked around for me and apparently she can't seem to find anyone who will put it on their route for less than $50. Personally I don't think she's looking all that hard.
Posted: Jun 27, 2007 2:52 pm

seriously, it takes all of about 17 minutes.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®