Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Who here went to MUS?
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 3:27 pm

MUS history teacher arrested, charged with drug possession
By Chris Conley
April 17, 2007

A history teacher at the prestigious Memphis University School was arrested and charged with possessing more than half an ounce of cocaine over the weekend.
Ernest Amsler, 50, was also charged with possession of a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

Memphis Police were called to Amsler\'s apartment at 427 Graham # 7 about 1 p.m. Saturday afternoon in response to an argument involving his former girlfriend, according to the charges.
When police went inside, they found the former girlfriend, Tamara Moore, in one of the bedrooms.

A silver spoon with what appeared to be cocaine was lying on the bed, according to reports.

Moore showed the police three medicine bottles in a drawer that contained just over 16 grams of cocaine and 11 grams of marijuana, and police said Amsler told them they were his.

Amsler has been a teacher at the school since 1983, according to the MUS Web site. School officials there could not be reached for comment Monday night.
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 3:36 pm

HALF AN OUNCE?

Jeez Ernie!
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 7:39 pm | Edited by: elle

maybe i should put an application in to teach history at MUS...hahah.
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 7:45 pm

this man kept me from seeing the exploited at the antenna. damn, coach amsler. i always knew something was different about him.
i spent alot of time around him when i was 13-14. he was an eighth grade history teacher as well as the eighth grade basketball coach.

anyhow, the exploited were playing the antenna in jan or feb of '88. but there was a basketball game that nite and he told me that if i missed it to go the show i would face SERIOUS disciplinary action. so my friends went (somehow got in) and i handed sweat towels to jocks. not very punk.

at that time he would have been thirty. he drove an electric blue nissan pulsar NX. weird. but it kinda makes sense.
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 8:19 pm

That car choice completely makes sense. As does an ex-girlfriend named "Tamara".
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 8:26 pm

Google "Coach Amsler MUS". The first document, view as HTML and scroll down til you see an article titled "Amsler Smacks Down." Pretty great.
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 9:08 pm

silver spoon?
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 9:28 pm

silver spoon?

I wonder if it was Gorham or Georg Jensen?
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 9:47 pm | Edited by: jbh

silver spoon?

he probably got it from the mouth of one of his students.
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 10:06 pm

he probably got it from the mouth of one of his students.

DAMN!!!
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 11:17 pm

i bet most of those wussies go on vacation with their moms as adults. spoiled brats...oops sorry Earles.
Posted: Apr 18, 2007 3:44 am

HA!

Well, you know what they say about most of your girlfriends: You don't have to look at the mantle while you're poking the fire!!
Posted: Apr 18, 2007 5:54 pm

speaking of fire(places) and silver spoons...I have a vague but funny memory of a sign that used to hang behind the counter at Wizards that went something to the tune of...

DO NOT REFER TO PARAPHENALIA AS 'COKE SPOONS'!!!

I think it also said something about being asked to leave if you did say coke spoon.

I wonder if the alternative "My coke nail is busted. You guys have any legal paraphenalia I can put some coke in..?" would also get me booted from Wizrrds.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®