Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / GO TIGERS!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 7:08 pm

we're finally up in double digits. Damn, this is a pretty entertaining game. Had some worrisome first half minutes, but it looks like they're gelling. Go Tigers! Ima sayin!!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 9:03 pm

shit yeah. joey dorsey kind of rules.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:06 pm

I have some of it on tape---

Creighton better win this game on now.

Tennessee? 121?
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:42 pm

Tigers get Nevada, which has only five players who get any minutes. We should be able to wear 'em down.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 10:55 pm

Could we all give some appreciation (aka props) to Andre Allen? I love to watch that kid. You can always tell he WANTS it. You can tell he's a team player, too.
I haven't watched as much as I should have this season, but I like this team a lot better than last years superteam. They got some some D, that's for sure.
And, I like the fact that there aren't any REAL stars. CDR, I guess...but Dorsey is a monster.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:11 pm

andre allen is seriously my favorite tigers player. but i had to give props to dorsey because that man was a fucking beast today.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:23 pm

B-BOOM!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:33 pm

I'm thinking VERY SERIOUSLY of driving down to NOLA tomorrow morning. I have friends who'd put me up, and an amazing car that's just begging to be road tripped. The kid is with his dad all weekend, and it wouldn't take much to extend that til Monday.

Go Tigers!!!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:56 pm

DO IT ALISA! There is no way you'll regret it...well, of we get smoked, but THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN! Let's make it loud in there--anti-Nevada!!!!!

Andre Allen (Dave Dunlap calls him Entree Allen) is my fave player...and an underestimated reason for our, um, success. He is the heart and fire. I had to zip it when this asshole at the sports bar started trashing Memphis last night. I think I started getting red and Ryan was like, "Just keep quiet. Don;t worry about it."
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:14 am

What was that asshole saying?
HOW CAN YOU ARGUE WITH 23 STRAIGHT WINS?

Yeah, I know...I've been nervous about them a lot this season. They seem to have brain farts. But not enough to override the LONGEST WINNING STREAK IN THE COUNTRY!

I do agree with jerryd. I wish they'd lost the C-USA tournament to get that a loss (the nine lives theory) behind them. But, I was way impressed at the D today. And, they look like they want to win and have something to prove. Which is important.

Nevermind Ryan, you should have give that asshole the what for last night!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:18 am

What was that asshole saying?

The usual (and somewhat justified/expected): "You know who pisses me off? MEMPHIS! I mean, what the fuck? WHO The FUCK is MEMPHIS (laff inserted here)??!?! Conference USA is second rate! Why the FUCK does anyone think they'll do ANYTHING? WHY are THEY a number TWO???" You know...shit WE can say, but a non-Tiger fan? Uh, NO.

The best part came when the demure Michigan State fan sitting with us said, "Well. I like Memphis. I mean, it IS a cool city. You can't deny that much. And they have proven themselves before."
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 12:23 am

Obviously that guy was a newcomer to the wonderful world of the NCAA. What self-respecting fan would ask WHO the FUCK is MEMPHIS???
They may not like it, but we've been a presence since the 70s. Well, off and on but...what kind of freaking idiot says WHO THE FUCK IS MEMPHIS?

He was probably a parrot head.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 1:42 am

No, he was a Florida Prep. They are similar to Memphis Preps. The best way to spot them is the unfortunate selection of a pinpoint oxford shirt in a color like pale green or purple...you know, straying from the acceptable prep colors of blue and white. Even pink has its place (on gay boys and old men). The Florida Prep wears icky shit by Tommy Bahama.

But you right, neophyte for sure. Anyone who knows hoops, knows Memphis has had some teams and is a hoops paradise. For a school of MSU/Uo'M's size, we have done well, just not well enough when we know what is possible!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 3:19 am

blah. i'm sick of my friends not from memphis telling me that memphis is second rate cuz of the c-usa. i'm sick sick sick of it. some of my friends from kentucky keep telling me louisville is gonna get 'em again. RIGHT. louisville ain't doing shit.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 4:04 am | Edited by: jerryd

louisville ain't doing shit.

Louisville ain't making it past Texas A&M, so that talk IS a bunch of shit.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 7:14 am

i must disagree jerry, but then again my bracket looks like shit so i'm probably wrong.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 8:06 pm

i'm sick of my friends not from memphis telling me that memphis is second rate cuz of the c-usa.

I am sick of them having the excuse to do this. FUCK Cal and whathisface the useless AD at UofM that got them into that mess. It will be awhile of this yip yap so all we can hope for is continued good recruiting/playing until either a decent conference has a spot open up or somehow, C-USA improves itself.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 11:38 pm

you have to be invited into a conference before you can join one. and you have to take in consideration that ALL sports go into the conference. and until our football team starts not playing like shit, we're probably going to sit in c-usa for awhile. cal has NOTHING to do with this at all.
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 11:39 pm

Oh Christ. Up by seven...eight minutes to go. CDR just went down with an ankle...
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 12:06 am

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
Go Tigers.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 12:57 am

man, i hope CDR is okay and hasn't fucked up that ankle too bad. i'm glad they won though! whoooooohoooooooo! :D shit yeah. eat that, nevada.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 1:02 am

We are the fucking Rodney Dangerfield of B=ball. Look at how the AP started their article on the Tigers' win today: AP -- The Memphis Tigers finally have a victory worth bragging about in their run of 24 straight.

Arseholes.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 1:10 am

Arseholes.

nothing but a buncha haters!!!
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 3:08 am

cal has NOTHING to do with this at all.

Yes, he did/does. During the time when the openings were there in the Big East after some of their teams went into openings in the ACC, Cal had a huge part in *not* playing the hyper-political game that everyone else that got a slot played. It was the AD's fault overall, but Cal was lazy too and assumed he didn't have to do much as he probably thought Memphis would be ushered in based on his rep alone. The AD should havve forced Cal to go politicking more, but he didn't. So we got faced.

Anyway, there will be openings one of these days and regardless of how sucky the football team remains, if we keep playing well year-to-year and finally play politics, we'll get into another conference. But maybe C-USA will be better before then? HA!

GO TIGERS!
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 3:47 am

Yeah, fuck some A&M. I hate that militarist 50s-throwback university. Go tigers. Stop the hatin'!
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 2:30 pm

I love Acie but it is ON Friday!!!! GO TIGERS! I can't believe we have to play them in Texas...eeeeek.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 3:03 am

Tigers win by 8+ Fuck A&M. They're going to make it to the Elite Eight and play Tennessee because they're gonna beat up on Ohio St. It's a done deal. I will speak no more about this until tomorrow.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 1:35 pm

I again have to go watch this at the local sportsbar/wing house/watering hole...people for Memphis may be in the minority. I will be repping with my MEMPHIS t bought at Goner as so far that one has been lucky compared to my ancient local autoparts store Tigers T from the 80's; everytime I wear that one, they lose.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 1:43 pm

I'll be on the road with my battery powered TV! It might be a good idea to let Alex drive while the game is on, but I might have a heart attack for real having to deal with Alex driving AND the game.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 4:11 pm

I am genuinely already nervous. I am worried that CDR won't be playing.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 8:49 pm

with tubby smith out at kentucky, will calapari be packing his bags for lexington?

just a thought.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 8:51 pm

million dollar raise would have to be very tempting
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 9:04 pm

Where's everybody going to be watching the game? I think were headed to the Deli to see it on the big screen projection t.v. Three and a half hours and counting. WOOHOO!!!
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 9:17 pm

what time is the game tonight, anyway?
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 9:19 pm

tip is at 6:27
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 9:19 pm

Hollis WHY ya gotta bust out with that on today of ALL days???

Cook mah dinner.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 9:36 pm

maybe penny will take some of his contract money and donate it to the school so cal will stay. fuck kentucky in the face. they better not steal him. grrrr.

cdr was practicing today so i'm sure he'll be in the game. his ankle i don't think is all better, but he's trying. i'm so excited about the game but VERY nervous at the same time. whew.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 9:51 pm

Tubby is out at Kentucky. Could Calipari have his eyes on Lexington?
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 10:09 pm

if so lets take tubby
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 12:09 am

17 minutes till tip-off!!!!!!! I'm out the door to go watch the game. Go Tigers Go!!!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 1:18 am

i'm sitting here watching the game at home and it's a fucking nailbiter. back and forth. i just wish the tigers would hit those threes better. but damn dorsey just made a nice ass shot. i love it.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 1:24 am

down by 5 at halftime. damn it. we'll get back into it though. promise ya that.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 1:25 am

These jerks calling the game are manking me so angry!!!!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 2:47 am

whew
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 2:48 am

I'm in a hotel in Cookeville,TN. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!
I am delirously happy
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 2:50 am

I mean, super unbelievably happy. This is JUST GREAT!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 2:52 am

Go Antonio!!!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 3:04 am

holy crap! taking a texas team in texas!

awesome game.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 3:28 am

Crazy game.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 3:54 am

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 4:33 am

FUCK YEAH. i am so happy it is infuckingsane. i think i may very well be glowing.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 5:37 am

Soo....is that it? Are they out? I haven't been really keeping up...I only saw the last 3 minutes...
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 8:49 am

memphis is in!!!!! tennessee is out. hehe. we got to play ohio state next. whew. if they get this, then i bet the entire campus is going to be retarded on monday if they win saturday.

we got a derby bout on saturday and i think the entire time i'm going to be carrying at portable tv to watch the game while setting up. hahah.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 1:35 pm

TOTAL CRAZINGS!!!!!!!!

I had to watch with the sound off and Counting Crows/INXS/U2 and some other nonsense blaring behind me but I was sooooooo psyched I was singing some of that shit!!!

GO TIGERS!!! THANK YOU ANTONIO!

(Ha Ha Bruce Pearl...though one part of me wonders if we would have had an easier time against TN...thoughts?)
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 2:35 pm

Counting Crows/INXS/U2 and some other nonsense blaring behind --

Totally! We watched from a sports bar big screen with no game audio only jukebox and the last 2 minutes of ball were set to ACDC and the Smashing Pumpkins. The final seconds and buzzer were set to The Police's Message in a Bottle. Weirdly perfect.

DANA DANA KIRK YALL!!!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 2:57 pm

I seem to remember "Suicide Blonde" and "What U Need" pumping me up.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 4:25 pm

I must say...Dorsey taking off his jersey was lame. I know he didn't know what he was doing cos he is as dumb as a bag of rocks for the most part, but dude...really now.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 5:15 pm

this was great... we're doing the grizzlies game vs the lakers. the only people in the building are Lakers fans (of course), bottle-blonde fake tan teenagers who love Kobe and Luke. Where's the love for Lamar Odom? Anyway, we're showing both the tigers game (via cbs feed) and the grizz game in a sorta two-screen kinda thing, going to full screen when the grizz game is in time outs. before the game they were running the whole thing with SOUND. We have to cut away from the tigers game for their commercial breaks, one of which was during our neglected Laker Lamar Odom's turn to take free throws. MASSIVE BOOOs rock the Forum as the fans think we've cut the feed with 1 minute to go in the NCAA thriller! We come back from break & show the game again but Zen Bastard goes bananas and storms over to the event coordinator peoples and demands that they not show the game on the jumbotron, and laker sympathizer Joey Crawford follows up that yeah, you can't be doing that up there. So the fans ARE kept in the dark for the last frantic seconds until they announce the final score. Pretty funny.

Don't know why Dorsey took off his jersey, either. But I did see the Tigers arm in arm on the bench, intensely holding together while their teammates finished out the game. Neither THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY (why did they legally change their name and then not use their full name? LAME- deserve to the THE LOSERS) or Tennessee showed that kinda team spirit. Just sayin.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 5:32 pm

Oh I agree--Memphis gots the team spirit and Dorsey likely took it off because he was hot, sweaty and was too dumb to not understand the kinda subtle implications of that deed. But then again, when he fouled out, they showed him sitting on the bench and telling Cal to fuck off to his face, so he may have been throwing a little bitch fit also. I am sure Cal told him to fuck off right back and then some, but I would too if some big overgrown baby (I love Dorsey, but his temper sucks sometimes) was mouthing off to me.

I love that the Zen Master got pissy!!! HAHAHA. Who cares about your stupid ass Lakers, Ol Scratch?

Saddest moment of the game: When Pierre Niles missed his alley oop dunk cos HE IS TOO FAT. Oh wow.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 7:07 pm

god, niles missing that dunk was BAD! and Cal pulled him IMMEDIATELY!

i don't think niles is too fat, just too huge to jump! the man is immense!

Dorsey's gonna have his work cut out for him saturday. but i still don't know how UT blew that game... coaching mistake?

still, The Ohio State University has had to come from way behind on two teams they shoulda handled easily... weird.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 7:18 pm | Edited by: saispas

the man is immense!

Oh I think under all that blousy jersey...we'd see some rolls for days. No rips like Mr. Dorsey. Even Kareem was fucking up from being out of shape...they both need some extra time with the nutritionist and the elliptical.

Bruce Pearl sucks. SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. But, whatever my friends, I am just as fine with our boys playing T.O.S.U. (did they really change their name?!?!?) and Tennessee's hoops resting til next year. I am an alum, but cannot be made to care for a charade of a program like Tennessee Basketball. It is like the Bennigan's of college basketball. Tennessee Football? Nutha story.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 7:42 pm

actually, it looks like they've been called that since the 1800s, but have been pushing it lately...

here's their logo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:OSU_best_logo.png

is there another ohio state university that's threatening 'em?

You're probably right about Niles, but he's more of a football-player shape than Coop or Dorsey... even in top shape, I can't see him jumpin much.
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 8:09 pm

he's more of a football-player shape than Coop or Dorsey

I will give you that.

This morning on the Today show, whatever chick reads the news, yipped about the OSU win then looked over to Matt Lauer, all proud of herself, and said, "So your team won!" He looked shocked and scowled, "What do you mean? I went to OHIO UNIVERSITY."
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 9:57 pm

Matt Lauer's a bitch.
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 9:45 pm

I HATE when they play this skeered.

Fucking A.
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 10:02 pm

yeah, what's up... good thing jeremy hunt's got cold blood in his veins.

coop's hanging in there a lot better than last game... dorsey? what the hell was he doing in there?

the ohio state university's been making a bunch of mistakes, too. so we'll see.

GO TIGERS!
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 11:28 pm

ahhh that last cdr foul, he had both arms around oden trying to hold him down and he still made the shot
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 11:53 pm

they need to make a 15-pointer right now.
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 11:55 pm

but behind the back from backcourt is worth only 13!!

DAMMIT!

Good run for Memphis. They lost a lot from last year and still played strong.
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 11:57 pm

Well, motherfucker.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 12:17 am

No kidding. FUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK. Oh well, time to drink maybe? We will get these bitches next year. I hate to say I knew it, but as soon as I saw them today and what a mess they looked, I knew we wouldn't win. It could have been worse, I suppose. I hate Ohio State now. Oden is like a damn Frankenstein and the rest of their team is boring. I hope they get pulverized next game.

Go Kansas! UCLA are a bunch of sucks.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 12:23 am

time to drink now? what the hell have you been doing all game? no wonder we lost!

just kiddin. they seemed kinda lost today, but hung in there until the end. but you could see in their eyes they were beaten even when they weren't down by much.

next year... we have to endure a whole nother season of C-USA. goddamn.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 12:30 am

but you could see in their eyes they were beaten even when they weren't down by much.

Yep. I just KNEW. Maybe it was their eyes. Maybe it was that total keystone kops thing that sometimes works for us and this time, it didn't.

Hey, I drank a glass of wine. I gotta drive to Tampa. I'll drink there!

Yeah, another stretch of C-USA silliness, but we are getting that killer point guard, everyone is coming back (to my knowledge) and we are "seasoned" at this point. This wasn't the worst, Elite 8 two years in a row is great, but it is time for more!
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 12:37 am

Joey Dorsey is a fucking moron. Smack-talkin' a 7-ft All American is bad enough (Yeah, let's piss off Greg Oden. Great idea, Joey.) but then he shows up with NO game: ZERO points, 3 rebounds, and five fouls. The other four guys, though Hunt, Anderson, Douglas-Roberts, and Dozier I was proud of. They never gave up. They just didn't have any help in the middle, because of ...

the moron.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 12:46 am | Edited by: eric o

gotta agree. i kept yelling "PLAY SMART JOEY!" but knew that wasn't likely...

Hunt, Anderson, Douglas-Roberts, and Dozier were great. Kemp was hanging in there for a minute. We're young! We're talking next year, but what these guys with two more years? If they stay in school, that could be fun.

Proud dem boys anyway.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 12:47 am

OMG what the hell Dorsey? He embarrassed himself with all that shittalkin yesterday. It's so frustrating to watch him act like a brat! Ahhh the fouls.... ugh time to drink indeed.

Go Kansas.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 1:53 am

Yeah, next year should be fun with "all the young dudes" to carry the news plus that hyped kid from Chicago. Still, it would be nice to have a stud in the middle with an IQ higher than a cauliflower.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 2:42 am | Edited by: jerryd

I pulled over at a bar on the way back from Reelfoot lake to watch the game in the middle of nowhere. Knew it was over with about five minutes left. They'll get 'em next year. Anybody have any information on when their plane comes in tonight? I'm going to head down there to pay my respects. Last year it was like 2 in the morning. I need to find out.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 3:08 am

Yeah, for real. I'd meet you down there.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 6:10 am

They came in at around 10:30. I called while they were taxying down the runway, and since I was in Millington, I couldn't make it down there. Bummer.
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 1:44 am

Anyone see em come in? I finally talked to hollis about it today but could not take it when he started talking the truth on Joey D. Only if it is "Your Team" can you berate your players like that.
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 4:49 am

Aw man, everybody needs to stop the hating on Dorsey. You have to remember he's just a 21 or 22 year old kid. And who among us didn't do some shit talking when we were that age and not back it up? Had he had a killer game, he would be a bad ass, but since he didn't, he's just stupid? Give me a break. If it were not for him, the Tigers wouldn't have even made it as far as they did. What, is Coop or Niles going to do any better. Get the fuck outta here!
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 1:40 pm

I love Dorsey, but have always called him stupid (see earlier posts). He really is a dumb dora. Sure, he is the best big man we have had in awhile, but he has some major faults, the least of which is his stupid mouth. He improved greatly over a years time, but he got in foul trouble way too much, lost his cool way too often and made some seriously boneheaded moves in general. I don't expect perfection, but...it would be nice.
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 10:31 pm

Oh, it's so good to get home and read all this.
I thought we hung fairly tough, but I too could tell it was over from almost the get go. Well, from the 8-0 get go.

I missed the whole Dorsey telling Cal to fuck off. How dearly I would have loved to see that.

We are young, and I think went a whole lot further than anyone ever thought we would. It was a LOVELY run. I'm proud of dem boys too. Very proud. Go Tigers!

And, the only thing I regretted about being out of town was not being able to go out to the airport and pay my respects. I woulda been there for sure. Was there any TV coverage of it?
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 11:09 pm

Cal contract ext. 'til 2012.
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 11:56 pm | Edited by: saispas

We are young, and I think went a whole lot further than anyone ever thought we would.

I was just thinking this. D. Dunlap and I were truly thinking we may have lost the SECOND game! Oh ye/me of little faith.

GO TIGERS!
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 2:40 am

Go Tigers alright. Go home and watch the fucking Final 4. Keep talkin' Goliath
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 3:41 pm

If Dorsey wants to get to the Final Four this year, I have tickets he could buy.

Or anyone else, for that matter.
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 4:05 pm

not a memphis fan here but since so many of my friends are i was definitely pulling for them. but to say that you could tell from the get go that it was over is a silly thing. It wasn't even close to over, even after the completely ridiculous intentional foul plus the basket call late in the second half. But that call swung all the momentum away from a streaking tigers team and obviously put cdr in a bad spot with four fouls too. But the buckeyes ended up with six points on that single trip down the floor. Tigers definitely had the talent to beat that team. don't sell em short just cause they didn't take it all. oh and dorsey should've definitely kept his mouth shut, but i've never heard so many fans jump on the case of a hard working hustle play guy just because he makes some bad plays and does some dumb stuff. leave him alone, he played his ass off for you for the whole year and was a complete monster in a couple games when no one else had it going. the seasons over, give the kids a ton of love and wait for next year.
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 4:31 pm

but to say that you could tell from the get go that it was over is a silly thing.

I hear what you are saying, but to a fan, well, we can "tell" these things. My husband said the same thing you did, b/c even though he was pulling for the Tigers, his heart is not in it like it is for Michigan State. I have heard him say similar things about his team when they lose. If it is your team and you are used to watching their language, you can sometimes tell where things are headed. They DEFINITELY had the talent to beat them, that is why it is all the more frustrating. They beat themselves instead.
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 6:11 pm

i don't think they did beat themselves that much though. They certainly didn't play perfect, but they had some bad bounces, a couple of very bad calls against them, and it just didn't work out in the end, but I think they did ok. ohio state started to really pour it on and the timing and the momentum of it were too much for memphis right then. it could have easily gone the other way. But that's just an opinion. One thing i don't get though is the other thing. I'm a huge sports fan and a particularly over zealous fan of my teams. But I have never said anything like I knew they were going to lose ever. I've never thought that, (unless we're talking about the lions, and then i have almost always thought that! god i hate loving that team! fuck that team!!!). I've seen my teams play like they're not all there (see last year's pistons playoffs), but I always expect them to snap out of it all the way till the end. that's all i meant. just a different way of watching. I'm the guy who's still saying they can come back when my team is down 20 with like 3 minutes to go. I'm a sucker and i know it.
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 8:08 pm

I've never thought that, (unless we're talking about the lions, and then i have almost always thought that! god i hate loving that team! fuck that team!!!)

See...the Tigers are kinda like the Lions. We have had our good years, like once a decade. And in those good years (1 or 2 at a stretch max), there has always been heartbreak, never complete victory and often there is some stupid Memphis-esque scandal to boot. Then between those rare good years, we have total nothingness. So it is amazing we have had the stretch we have been having, but it is a hard habit to break. It is like a self-protective measure to "feel" that way.
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 9:07 pm

memphis might have a lot of lean years, but nobody is as bad as the lions. worst organization in sports. even when we had barry sanders or billy simms, i didn't entertain the idea that we were actually good. i just watched those two and that was good enough.
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 9:22 pm

i just watched those two

Of course you did, fag.
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 9:44 pm

hey sugerpup! KEEP movin and suckin
like a big orange
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 9:47 pm

hey, they weren't tight ends!

I'll be sure to prove that i'm not a fag in about fifteen minutes when me and your girl start spending the rest of the night together. Don't wait up.
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 9:56 pm

I'll be sure to prove that i'm not a fag in about fifteen minutes when me and your girl start spending the rest of the night together. Don't wait up.

Have fun!!! I'm going canoeing! And don't forget to wear a condom. I don't want you giving her chlamydia.
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 10:01 pm

it's the gift that keeps on giving.

oh shit! i'm late!! wait for me darling! wait for me!
Posted: Mar 28, 2007 12:41 am

nobody is as bad as the lions

You may be right there. But now that I married a Michigander, guess who likes em too?
Posted: Mar 28, 2007 5:50 am | Edited by: Miss Faye

You're both fags.
Posted: Mar 28, 2007 8:39 am

she keeds she keeds!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®