Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Edmund Ford is insane
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 12:34 am

Ed Ford takes us all on a ride to Crazytown. URL

If you can stand it, watch all 18 minutes. It'll make you so proud to be from Memphis. I kept hoping one of the council members would have the guts to shut the crazy mofo up, but no, they just sat there and pussed out while he trashes them to their faces. Depressing.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 12:55 am

comparing his wife to "princess diane" is genius, bc the "so-called paparazzi" is chasing her...

the media started it! the fbi started it! and all they needed to do was read my bills!
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 1:05 am

don't chase me, don't chase my wife.
let me have the floor, baby!
don't lie on me!

god, he sounds EXACTLY like Ike Turner!
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 1:49 am

he turns to MIKE (Matthews, right?) and tells him to tell the truth when he's telling stories. YOWZA!

Great stuff. Notice that Jason Miles claims that it's a half hour rant... looks to be only 18 minutes to me. The media DOES exaggerate everything!
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 1:50 am

Devil's advocate,
So what is up with the other address that he's paying off?
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 1:55 am

he turns to MIKE (Matthews, right?) and tells him to tell the truth

AND I don't trust him, either. He's a yellow dog if there ever was one.

Now, I'm not saying Ford is right, or that he's being persecuted, but after the news yesterday (also mentioning something about using city funds for his office furniture at the funeral home), it did leave the impression that he wasn't paying his home and shopfront electricity.

What is this other address? Did anyone else report it? I could have very well missed it.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 2:05 am

comparing his wife to "princess diane" is genius

Yes, and that would make him Prince Edmund, ruler of all Crackoslovakia.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 1:53 pm

Anyone else have problems viewing Action News 5 "Raw Video" with a Mac?
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 4:06 pm

It took me twice. I think their server probably got overloaded.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 5:32 pm

"I musta drank the entire Mississippi River to have a water bill that high!"
-from today's Commercial Appeal
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 5:36 pm

C'mon, now. There are a lot of press people here. What is the scoop on the other address?

Fiery, I mean Junior Council, I mean Saispas, It was working great as soon as the link went up, but yeah; I think their server has probably become swamped.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 5:44 pm

This wasn't the first time I had problems with their video. It always says I need a new Windows Media player. So I download it and still it claims it cannot play for the same reason. Basically, their web support sucks.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 5:53 pm

Screw up, grandstand, and then sanctimoniously point the finger at everywhere else. This city is being run by people with the maturity level of snotty teenagers. Since when is accountability no longer part of holding public office?
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 5:56 pm

The next bomb to drop will be the churchs who have waaay overdue, very large MLGW bills....the power in the African American community is not on the City Council...it's in the pulpits.
You heard it here first
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 5:58 pm

the churchs

Two were listed in that Flyer article for bills exceeding $5,000. COGIC was on there. I couldn't believe it!
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 6:00 pm

holy crap!!! The tip on that has got to be $5
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 6:17 pm

holy crap!!! The tip on that has got to be $5

Now THAT'S funny. Thanks. I needed that.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 6:29 pm

Churches on the list: Pentecostal Temple--$6,640; COGIC--$7,449; First Congo--$7,570; Olivet Baptist--$7,588; PHD Ministries--$7;,658; Greater Middle Baptist--$8,555; Colman Ave. COC--$8,760; COGIC Publishing--$9,411; Greater Evang. Faith--$18,904. These could be just 30-day bills, though I sorta doubt it with the larger numbers.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 6:41 pm | Edited by: saispas

COGIC--$7,449

I think with that tab, even COGIC may bump up the tip to $6.85.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 6:42 pm

WHOA!

COGIC Publishing--$9,411
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 6:48 pm

Sorry for the triple post, but this quote really brought me back to those good old days as a therapist in Cottage 2 at Memphis Boystown:

In Tuesday's meeting, Ford was critical of his fellow council members. "Don't make me your punk," Ford told Councilwoman Carol Chumney, who now chairs the utility oversight committee.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 6:49 pm

In the past he's threatened to shoot people! I hope to satan that he does! I wonder how an ego like that gets started. Has he been this way all his life?
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 6:57 pm

I think it is genetic.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 7:01 pm

What is the scoop on the other address?

ahem...
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 7:02 pm

I can't get the thing to play....
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 7:10 pm

I don't know if anyone has copies of Ford's actual bill. The media, as far as I know, just got the total amount he owed to MLGW, no details. In his rant he mentioned his home addy and 3490 EP boulevard, presumably where his funeral home is.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 7:14 pm

ahem...

Read the article in the CA. That gives an impression that he had one meter (signed up with the low income plan so it would not get automatically shut off) serving 3 properties which I suppose is illegal. MLGW talked to him about installing more meters and he said he would. He has not. Is there another address for him that he has not paid on?

By the way, the new photo of him shaking his finger at the CA photog is almost as good as his Southbrook Mall hat one from last year.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 7:16 pm

from com appeal "...the water meter at Ford's business provides service to three or four other properties in addition to the funeral home.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 7:17 pm

In his rant he mentioned his home addy and 3490 EP boulevard, presumably where his funeral home is.
No, he stated the address of the funeral home. 16-something or other somewhere lane.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 7:18 pm

Thanks, Bruce an Saispas. Time to get out Google Map.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 7:19 pm

C.A. says addy for funeral home is 3390 EP blvd, home is 3402 EP blvd
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 7:26 pm

Did anyone see Cameron Harper's (ch.24 & 30 news)comercial for the Ford rant last night? He's a funny guy.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®