Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / driving schools
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 5:57 pm

Anyone know of a good one? I'm about to join the rest of the world and learn how to drive... oh shit.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 8:15 pm

Posted: Feb 23, 2007 8:56 pm

Damn.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 10:22 pm

Pitner was an ass. Ran over his favorite cone just to piss him off. Who the hell names traffic cones? Is there a specific reason you want to go to driving school instead of having somebody teach you? You just have to read the book from the dmv and get somebody to let you drive in a parking lot. You could probably pass the driving portion right now, even if you have zero experience. I learned more from my father\'s driving lessons (which were few and traumatic) than from driving school. Just saying. There is also a guy that does them at the agricenter, think his name is Max Maxwell. Those kids got to drive mustangs. And be sure to volunteer for the beer googles. Completely unrealistic.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 10:38 pm

My Dad's driving lessons were great. Learn to drive in the biggest car you can; everything else is child's play. Also his most important piece of advice was actually a law of physics: Two or more objects of any mass cannot occupy the same space at the same time. When they do, something usually explodes. Very important.
Posted: Feb 24, 2007 12:14 am

You don't need any damn driving school. That's for the birds. Just load up on full coverage insurance and hit the road. Preferably during rush hour. Walnut Grove and Humphries is a good place to start. And if people start yelling at you, just stick your tongue between your first two fingers and give them the " eatin cooch" sign. That usually freaks people out and then they don't care how you drive. That or wave a gun around.
Posted: Feb 24, 2007 4:35 am

stick your tongue between your first two fingers and give them the " eatin cooch" sign.

Damn. I've done that before (a long time ago!) whilst drunkenly careening down Central Ave. in my '74 Valiant. Nice.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®