Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Klitz flyer
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 6:53 pm

I remember about 8 years ago Dave Comstock(pappy's baby's mama's husband) telling me his aunt was in that band
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 6:57 pm

my parents neighbor, the former owner of the glass onion before celtic crossing bought it, was talking to me about the klitz one night. i think he used to tour with them, maybe....
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 7:01 pm

The drummer is now the librarian at Immaculate Conception grade school. The kids know she was "in a band" but I don't think she shares the name with them.
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 7:38 pm

All the school teachers say we were the KILTZ. I just posted some info about the poster on the Goner Records board. Chek it out!!
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 8:34 pm

When people would ask me what kind of music the Klitz played, I'd always say...."I can't quite put my finger on it.."
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 11:50 pm

Here's my Klitz poster.
Photo's not great, but you get the idea. It's large...poster size . 24 x 36.
If anyone could give me info on this gig that'd be great!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/145/397005353_b5dcaddfa6.jpg
Posted: Feb 21, 2007 2:45 pm

OH My GOD Alisa you have one of Tav's original prints. He was quite the artist before Alex discovered him as a musician!!! They were origially Warholish screen prints, limited editions. I gave mine to a friend in 1979. The photos on the poster are Envy(Amy) and Kerry(Lesa) from our gig at the Orpheum. They were taken from video footage from our 1979 whbq tv show that Jim Dickinson "Hosted". I recently converted it to DVD. You are lucky to have one of Tav's posters! It says June on it, so it may have been when the Cramps were in town. They were here summer of 1979.
Posted: Feb 21, 2007 2:47 pm

Thanks for posting Alisa. I'll save it!!
Posted: Feb 21, 2007 2:57 pm

It says June on it, so it may have been when the Cramps were in town. They were here summer of 1979.

Was that the same time the Cramps played the Auditorium?
It was either there or the Orpheum I saw The Cramps and Panther Burns.
I just don't rmember exactly when that was.....seems to be a theme with me and that era...
Posted: Feb 21, 2007 3:14 pm

Hey gail, thanks for the info about it! I love it, it hangs in my living room.
I knew it was a screen print, and thought it was Tav's. It's always been a mystery how I acquired it. I was working at Fantasia then and went into work one day and they said, "this guy left this for you." As I knew several of those guys (but not Tav) I never knew which one left it for me! I always thought it was Alex but wasn't sure.

I just don't rmember exactly when that was.....seems to be a theme with me and that era...

And gail, I posted it on Flickr so as to link to it here. Some guy commented: my daughter's library instructor was in the Klitz, do you have any old pictures of the band? HA!
Posted: Feb 21, 2007 3:16 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

So, who was the line-up of The Klitz? I could use a history lesson whilst stuck in the office....
(insert whipper-snapper comment here, Golightly and Alisa; I would have been in second grade 'round '79)
Posted: Feb 21, 2007 3:48 pm

I would have been in second grade 'round '79)
Christ, Jack, the bday was bad enough!

I'm not even sure...the Clifton girls and ? I'm with Golightly...much of that period is very, very fuzzy.

Gail knows, she was there!
Posted: Feb 21, 2007 4:19 pm

I would have been in second grade 'round '79

Has anyone seen my walker?
It's got tennis balls on the front legs...
Posted: Feb 21, 2007 7:06 pm

Klitz played the Orpheum with Panther Burns and The Cramps on Aug. 1,1979.
Posted: Feb 21, 2007 7:14 pm

much of that period is very, very fuzzy.
If it's not fuzzy ,you weren't there! I stayed bombed that entire summer of '79 and I was definitely not alone. There were at least three Klitz shows that summer including one in July where Lesa and Tav had a chair throwing fight at the Well where Amy's very nice Gibson was a casualty.
Posted: Feb 22, 2007 1:28 am

I'm glad somebody remembers what happened! I didn't remember the June gig until Alisa put the poster up. Line up was Lesa, guitar vocals; Gail keys vocals; Marcia drums vocals: Amy, bass (sometimes guitar) vocals
Posted: Feb 22, 2007 1:53 am

I think the July gig at the Well was where Gails' boob popped out for a whole song and The Cars (really........ ,they had played the Auditorium the night before ) took over the stage for one strange song.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 2:04 am

No, I do remember the Cars played the night after, because Kerry and Candy went and Ric Okesak(sp?) Said to us "I saw the Klitz last night and I'm gald I did. "Do ya think it was cuz of the boob?
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 3:45 am

I don't understand all this Kerry and Candy shit because no one referred to any of the Klitz by anything other than their real names. Ric Ocasek was gald to see you? ( Gald is an old name for having a raw,blistered scrotum).
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 10:35 pm

you apparently know a lot and with a name like rump, you should know all about gald.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 11:02 pm | Edited by: Drunken Stepdad

I remember some other girl playing bass after amy quit?
Posted: Feb 24, 2007 4:56 am

yeh, Sarah from Sarah and the Eyes, She had a band with Bob Holmes from the Modifiers. (They had an infamous song"Rowena") She was from Texas and hung out with the Grateful Dead for a while. I wonder where she is now.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®