Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Memphis Potheads
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 6:34 pm

As you may know, at the next meeting of the University of Memphis chapter of NORML, we will be watching a very informative film called BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters. The next meeting is TONIGHT Jan. 30th at 7 PM at the U of M Psychology Auditorium.

So I looked the movie up, and this is the description I got from Amazon.com. Please take a second to read over it.

~Jason M. Vawter,
University of Memphis NORML MySpace moderator

"Most people don't know their basic constitutional rights, and those who do usually waive them in the face of police intimidation. Worse, police rely on peoples' fear and ignorance of the law to trick them into waiving their rights, which often lands them in jail. That's why Flex Your Rights (FYR) -- a Washington, DC-based educational group -- created BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters. This fun 45-minute educational DVD realistically depicts three common police scenarios -- traffic stop, street stop, and home entry. Narrator Ira Glasser, a former ACLU executive director, shows you how to avoid cops' 'gotcha games' as they try to trick you into waiving your rights; how to be courteous but not intimidated by police tactics; and how phrases such as 'I don't consent' to any searches can keep you out of jail. BUSTED was made for anyone who's afraid that their looks or lifestyle makes them a target for law enforcement. This includes skaters, smokers, rockers, and freedom-loving people of all sorts."
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 7:43 pm

misquoted!

"Most people don't know their basic tie-dying rights, and those who do usually waive them in the face of police intimidation. Worse, police rely on peoples' fear and ignorance of tie-dying to trick them into waiving their rights, which often lands them in jail. That's why FREE GERRY GARSIA (FGG) -- a Washington, DC-based educational group -- created WASTED: The Citizen's Guide to Tie-dying. This fun 45-minute educational DVD realistically depicts three common police scenarios -- head shop, total bummer, and complete lack of motivation to do anything other than play video games. Narrator Ira Glassbonger, a former ACLU executive director, accent on the FORMER, shows you how to avoid cops' 'gotcha games' as they try to trick you into bogarting your joint; how to be courteous but not intimidated by fraternity hazing (one tip: your asshole WILL eventually return to its normal size); and how phrases such as 'I don't consent' to any fornication can keep you out of jail, even if she's only 14! WASTED was made for anyone who's afraid that their looks or lifestyle makes them a target for love enforcement. This includes Spreadheads, ICP Faygo sprayers, lawyers, and Liberty Land-hugging people of all sorts.
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 7:46 pm

brilliant
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 8:05 pm

duuuuuuuuuuuuude.

they have pot at Libertyland?
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 8:08 pm

We shall not mention the name that cannot be mentioned.
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 9:38 pm

good job eric...very funny and perhaps more relevant than the original.

ICP Faygo sprayers, lawyers, and Liberty Land-hugging people of all sorts.
nice...
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 10:00 pm

Man...I was gonna go to that but I forgot

Man...I was gonna go to that but I forgot

Sorry...I forgot I already posted
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 5:37 am

Couldn't have been as good as Obsession, the movie I saw about Islamic terrorism at the same time in the Rose theatre. Tied the radical muslims with the nazis. Some crazy/scary stuff. Could have done without the lady sitting next to me alternating between sobbing and gasping, but I'm not really jewish either.
Traffic Stop-Eat it (learned it the hard way). No warrant, no search.
Street Stop-What were you doing? If you got stopped you're probably guilty. Hope for a misdemeanor.
Home Entry-No you can't come in, we can talk outside. If they bust in you know nothing and say nothing. Get a good lawyer and hope your stash doesn't make it to the evidence room.
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 11:59 am

"keep on truckin'"
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 2:10 pm

I am sooo going to that tonight
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 4:20 pm

Damn Eric, whatta brain.
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 5:34 pm

Of course you can all come by tonight (or any night for that matter) and take in a little extended PSA via VHS entitled Police Academy 4. Citizen's On Patrol. Spreadheads welcome, beatboxers prefered.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®