Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Don Miller....The Castels/Miller Brothers....RIP
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 2:31 pm

DONALD LADDIE MILLER, 58, resident of the Shelby Forest community, a lifelong Memphis musician and former employee of Shelby County Code Enforcement, died at his residence after a lengthy and courageous battle with cancer on Sunday, January 28, 2007. Visitation will be from 4-7 p.m. Tuesday, January 30, and services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, January 31, both at Shelby Forest Baptist Church, with interment in Memphis Memory Gardens. His passion for music led him to a 40+ year career in "The Castels" and "The Miller Brothers" bands. He was preceded in death by his father, Laddie Miller and his son, Donnie Miller. Don is survived by his wife of 16 years, Wanza; one daughter, Misty Rose, four grandchildren, Erica, Darren, Zachary, and Caleb of Harold, KY; his mother, Agness Miller; three brothers, Dave, Randy, and Roger Miller; and numerous relatives and friends. We want to thank all our family and friends for their prayers and support. Any memorials may be sent to Shelby Forest Baptist Church. Services entrusted to: Bartlett Funeral Home 901-372-5555
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 11:47 pm

Saw the Castels compilation CD at Davis-Kidd just last week. Twins ran the old Miller's Cave on Overton Crossing in Frayser. Fun times. U2 played a couple of songs there one night.
Posted: Feb 4, 2007 4:09 am | Edited by: Buck Wilders

Very nice guy. RIP
Castels on the Memphis Beat tuesday.
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 2:12 pm

Bummer.

Castels were great!
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 2:40 pm

and have heard some stories about miller's cave...
Posted: Feb 5, 2007 3:53 pm

and have heard some stories about miller's cave...

I was always too scared to go there....I've heard about some serious ass whippings taking place in there....but I've also heard there were some serious jams up in there
Posted: Jun 24, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi guys, I spent quite a bit of time at Millers cave or "the cave as we lovingly called it from the late 80,s -mid 90,s its bark was always much worst than its bite hardly any fights ever broke out there Dave and Don were 2 encredibly talented vocalist and musicians when they sang together they could have given the Everly Brothers a run for their money around 1988 they split for a while to pursue solo projects. Dave and Don were my brothers,musical mentors and above all my friends that I miss very much
Tony Steele bassist/vocalist
The Dave Miller Band 1988 - 1995
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®