Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Memphis vs. Arizona TONIGHT!!!!!
Posted: Dec 20, 2006 11:04 pm

Hahaha. JP Prince and his White Station wack ass ain't done shit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=27121

GO TIGERS!!!!
Posted: Dec 20, 2006 11:08 pm

GO TIGERS!!

I haven't seen the last couple of games, and am ready tonight!
Posted: Dec 20, 2006 11:33 pm

I hate to say it, but I think Los Tigres are gonna get smoked bad.
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 1:09 am

I have a bad feeling, but maybe that is a good thing because it is usually when I am confident about them that they stink up the court.
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 3:30 am

well, at least we didn't fold like a bunch of pussies...
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 3:39 am

I only watched a little bit of the game, but the Tigers look like a women's team out there sometimes. Everyone standing around the perimeter waiting to take a 45-footer that clangs off the rim and into the student seating.
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 3:40 am

they really need to learn how to play together better instead trying to be a bunch of guys trying to pull a one man show. blah.
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 5:14 am

Y'all are being tough on them. Compared to last years team, they DEFINITELY play better as a team. Maybe not everytime down the court as they should (but 'shouldn't' they all?), but definitely more consistently than last year when they were definitely on the perimeter half the time begging their threes to go in and the other half the time hoping Rodney Carney was having an on night.

They were playing NUMBER 10 Arizona who have beaten some bad ass teams this year and they only showed their weaknesses at 12 minutes left in the fucking game. Next thing I will read is more Memphians talking about how great the Grizzlies played while losing again. Boo on you fair weathers!!!!
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 8:11 am

fuck zone D. no one can play us straight up. CDR stomach bug? he needs to lay off the richardson towers buffet. why does Dozier get the ball 30 ft from the basket?
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 3:11 pm

man, did you see how well the grizz played!!!
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 4:04 pm

I guess it was all good when y'all didn't have another half-ass bullshit NBA squad (I hate that fucking league except for about 2 teams maybe at playoffs) and a bunch of scrabbly Memphis ain't-never-gonna-be's playing hoops at Tiger High, but the years you actually get RANKED and on TV outside of a UHF channel broadcasting to perhaps Helena, Arkansas, you can't pay a Memphian to stand behind the team. I am sorry, but that embarrasses me! You can hate all you want on what I am laying down, but that is just bad team spirit and another sign of the infamous Memphis Inferiority Complex.

C'mon and enjoy it! Duke is ranked 6 and they look worse than Memphis out there half the time this season! Watch some college hoops and you'll see. Just have fun with it--it is your hometown team, not some carpetbag assholes that can and likely will skidaddle out of Memphis at the first opportunity. Recognize their shortcomings yeah, but I gotta say this is a trend I have noticed on this board over the last few years: Hate on the Tigers.
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 5:08 pm | Edited by: jerryd

Y'all are being tough on them. Compared to last years team, they DEFINITELY play better as a team. Maybe not everytime down the court as they should (but 'shouldn't' they all?), but definitely more consistently than last year when they were definitely on the perimeter half the time begging their threes to go in and the other half the time hoping Rodney Carney was having an on night.

You've won the prize for using the word "definitely" in what is possibly the longest run on sentence I've seen in a while.
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 5:10 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

You are so right. That is what hometown pride and passion does to a girl's writing "skills".
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 5:14 pm

On a serious note, they'll fall out of the top 25 and being that gonzaga is going to be another tough game for them, they better get their shit together or they ain't going to the ncaa tournament
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 5:20 pm

They shouldn't fall out yet as they lost to a number 9 (ESPN has them at 9, AP at 10) last night so they weren't even supposed to win. Gonzaga has the potential to be a tougher game than AZ; they are much scrappier and nose to the grind on their good nights than any PAC-10 team. Are they playing Gonzaga at home or away?

Don't get me wrong, I am not Pollyanna, but I do get really fucking sick of all the Tigers bitching and whining and all the silly love for the Grizz (though I haven't seen much of that lately, for obvious reasons). It is a damn shame. I'd give my eyeteeth to have any college hoops at Memphis' level in this town or any town I live in. For all their flaws, they remain a fun team and as stated, the real home team period.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®