Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Fuck a buncha goners
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 7:15 am

catpower done put on the best 21 $ show in town. No bullshit. No bad playin'. Killer band. Teenie Hodges' birthday & the family was representin' on stage for the encore & I mean everyone in the family was there for the finest Hi cover seen in years. Sexy rock 'n roll. Can't touch this, hammer. If you missed this, you're a goner. This was Memphis at its finest...
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 7:22 am

Oh, & before you cream on yerself, axe yourself how many would pay 21$ to see King d. diggler perform live?

A. Noneyuns.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 1:36 pm

aw, but sherman, that crazy ass cat crazy power woman raped my family. you no's I can't go 'round supportin that kinda craziness. besides I heard she crazier than a shithouse crazy rat. You know I also heard she crazy fuckin nuts. But seriously, I think she might be a little crazy who-ha. Let's just let that be our little secret, though.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 2:00 pm

I would gladly pay the $21 to see Diggler ..............if you could guarantee me that he would be electrocuted on stage.

I don't care if CP IS crazy . This town needs more crazy like that.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 2:09 pm

I would gladly pay the $21 to see Diggler ..............if you could guarantee me that he would be electrocuted on stage

A bargain at twice the price!!
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 3:19 pm

who has $21 for a show?
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 3:43 pm

My guess is this was the cheapest ticket on their tour--Boston was 90$--& probably the only show that didn't sell out.

If you can't swing the jack, you can catch 'em for free on Austin City Limits show if it hasn't run already. What an awesome force of Memphis music! She even shouted out to her former peeps in Bartlett! Go, Girl!
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 4:05 pm

Austin City Limits site lists Cat Power as airing Dec. 30 but she has to share the hour with The Raconteurs.- Bleh!
It's really too bad that Chan is parting ways with the Memphis band for her next album. I haven't felt this positive about anything associated with this town in decades but that's just my old curmudgeonly outlook. I am a latecomer to CP but when I saw that Jools Holland clip I was knocked ass over teakettle.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 4:06 pm

who has $21 for a show?
People that don't spend all their money on weed.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 4:08 pm

My guess is this was the cheapest ticket on their tour--Boston was 90$--& probably the only show that didn't sell out.

Do I read that correctly? $90? Cause & effect maybe?
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 4:14 pm

crazy cat power makes music too?!?
I thought she was just crazy for a living.
this is crazy talk.
I bet her live performances are just absolute crazyinsanemania fests.
i just hope her insulting coo-coo crazy town craziness doesn't rub off on any mild mannered memphians.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 4:14 pm

Oh lord. Now we got her apologists. Y'all are something else.

(1) She pretty.

(2) She has a pretty, interesting voice.

(3) She has cool hair.

(4) Guys are putty in her mitts.

(5) She has a "Southern Accent" that she fluctuates at her convenience.

(6) I am sure the show was good.

What do the people on whose nerves she grates have to give up to this woman again? And why?
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 4:20 pm

What do the people on whose nerves she grates have to give up to this woman again? And why? If you don't know ,you're never gonna know. "The women don't know but the little boys understand."
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 4:25 pm

Cat who?

Bartlett?

$21?

Bad Oasis covers?

I'm glad I still like loud rock music.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 4:27 pm

I don't know much about what the 'boys' like but this citizen is just concerned about exposure to such lunacy.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 4:39 pm

"The women don't know but the little boys understand."

Oh we understand, we understand!

(See #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 and eh, maybe #6, but that is like icing with this one)
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 4:51 pm

fiery, you know something about this crazy cat tweaker power???
I'm shocked that you or anyone on this board hasn't already alerted us to her obvious lack of all reason? she's obviously crazy. I mean real crazy. obviously. not like, crazy walkin' around talkin to yourself crazy I don't understand how anyone could tolerate such over the top unbridled aggressive white hot town polarizing linda blair type blood regurgitory craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenes s. I know I wouldn't stand for such crazy.

this is just crazy.
and at the deli no less??
is nothing sacred in that crazy town anymore?
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 4:56 pm

speaking of crazy, it's a crazy crazy crazy special on wevl
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 5:08 pm

FD , you're just jealous. You just can't stand it because it ain't about you . Cat is like the girl that all the other girls hate because she gets an iota more attention than they do. Also I imagine if I was looking through your record collection ,you would be all bowed up at me because I was cackling about the high ratio of fecal content I found there. And as far as crazy goes, when has that been a drawback as far as the artisitic value of an entertainer was concerned? Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson and Phil Spector are total looneys.Only money has kept the men with nets away from them( though Spector's day is coming). Maybe she couldn't fold her napkin in the past but I'm not talking about THEN. Cat liked to hit the sauce but ain't she kilt nobody( at least that we know about). She has an allure that may be incomprehensible to you but that don't mean it's not there.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 5:31 pm

What's not to like? Sexy chanteuse dancing about stage backed by one of the hottest bands in the world! This is not your parent's Cat Power.

Oh, sorry to be confusing, but the Memphis show is the one that did not come close to selling out.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Memphis show is the one that did not come close to selling out.
The Deli show on Wed.( Was that free?) probably didn't help attendance at the Daisy.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:14 pm

FD , you're just jealous. You just can't stand it because it ain't about you . Cat is like the girl that all the other girls hate because she gets an iota more attention than they do. Also I imagine if I was looking through your record collection ,you would be all bowed up at me because I was cackling about the high ratio of fecal content I found there. And as far as crazy goes, when has that been a drawback as far as the artisitic value of an entertainer was concerned? Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson and Phil Spector are total looneys.Only money has kept the men with nets away from them( though Spector's day is coming). Maybe she couldn't fold her napkin in the past but I'm not talking about THEN. Cat liked to hit the sauce but ain't she kilt nobody( at least that we know about). She has an allure that may be incomprehensible to you but that don't mean it's not there.

And you are being an old, grouchy jackass! I said as much about being a hater! I gave the girl some props!!!! Why you gots to insult like mad over fucking CATPOWER?!?!? Jesus christ. You do not know me, nor do you know her. Lighten the fuck up--I am playing around here.

And PS, you seriously do not need to go into discussing my record collection. Even my boy Flesheater knows I gots some goods. INCLUDING A CAT POWER RECORD. So nah. Relax or she is gonna think she has one more stalker on her hands!
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:19 pm

Don't worry your little gray head about it , FD. You calling me old ? -go look in the mirror.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:32 pm

Silver fox, baby, silver fox.

You know you're old, I know I'm old. Whatever!

Again, lighten up. Read my post on Ms. Chan. I really don't get how you can justify your onslaughts from what I said, but you hate on me on this thing all the damn time, ain't nothing new. You really shouldn't get so bent out of shape by me. I am a real nice lady.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:36 pm

She really is.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:36 pm

I don't think I like this woman. At all.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:38 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

You know you like me, coffee head.

(ooh. speakin of--go to food & drink...I am on a mission for THE PERFECT SHOT)
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:38 pm

it's true. she's got the best 78's out there and she is a real nice for an old lady.(playin'...dag. who loves ya?).

...besides, fiery doesn;t need me to vouche for her.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:38 pm

I am a real nice lady.
When you're asleep..................... Other than then ,it's a continual kvetch-a-thon. ( I'm just kidding - and was just pulling yer chain above. Don Rickles is my idol. You seem mostly ok.)
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:41 pm

who has $21 for a show?
People that don't spend all their money on weed.

who moi? that's laughable. I aint got no money and I never bought weed in my life. Most of the time I go to shows only through the generosity of friends.

If I spent $20 on one show that would mean I would have to miss three other shows - I don't want to take a chance on cat power having a crybaby episode when I can think of 10 bands off the top of my head I'd rather see, that I know would actually finish their set.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:43 pm

You know you like me, coffee head.

I meant Puma Lady, or whatever. The only thing I know abouyt her is what I've read here and I saw that video somebody posted once. Maybe an article or two in the Flyer. I don't think she sounds anytrhing like Fastway.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:44 pm

fiery doesn;t need me to vouche for her.
you misspelled douche
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:45 pm

My Victrola is constantly rocking the hits.

Anyway, done deal. I wash my hands of all this mess!

Doowhuchalike.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:47 pm

I'm starting to feel like General
Custer here....
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:50 pm

hypothetical:

jon spencer fronting the same band.

great show?

seeing the guacos (memphians) tear up murphys last night: $5

not having to be in the new daisy for one minute: priceless.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:51 pm

jon spencer fronting the same band.

great show?

Nuh uh.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:53 pm

Is it true that Chan was originally gonna call herself Pussy Power but got talked out of it?
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:56 pm

Ask Tim Foljhan.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 6:59 pm

I can certainly understand the appeal of a batshit crazy hot chick, but really, are her songs THAT good? Seems like some Laura Nyro shit I can grab outta the dollar bin. Is her music that memorable? I dont think so.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 7:28 pm

why are you people talking about her music at all? I mean she's obviously crazy. You're all straying from the point here. It's the crazy stuff that matters. Obviously her crazy antics are distracting you all from the craziness surrounding her crazy. I mean this is just out-n-out crazy. jon spencer fronting the same band would just be jon spencer fronting the same band. this woman is crazy. crazier than fiery...firecrazy. crazy for fire...dollar bin crazy.

punch the higher floor[guitar solo]
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 8:17 pm

If only I could be so crazy.

Sigh.

I am hatin on her crazy.
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 9:18 pm

Guacos rule cat power sucks that shit is from MARS... Boston Chinks rule and power is from mars... This board will crash if you keep talkin about this chick...
Posted: Nov 18, 2006 12:02 am

21 dollars? Why the extra dollar? Was it tissue tax or was it gas money for the waaaaaaaaambulance?
http://www.ps2-scene.org/wambulance.jpg
Posted: Nov 18, 2006 12:55 am

I think I know why the New Daisy charged the extra dollar. They are so afraid that someone will leave and go get a drink somewhere else on Beale. I would have gone to see CP but the New Daisy turns me off. When I went to see the Strokes I was held captive there, (made the mistake of arriving too early, and the mamagement would not let me out and come back in! Only wanted some fresh air!) Too bad, the Daisy sucks.
Posted: Nov 18, 2006 1:19 am | Edited by: Scott

I made the mistake of going to the Daisy TWICE in one month last month. I hadn't been in years before that. It'll be years before I return.
Posted: Nov 18, 2006 1:30 am

no way bitches. back to the crazy. this is crazy bullshit.

TheTrumpetsounds<cccCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAYYYZZZZZZZZZZ EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEand then fast downa hill.CCCRrrrrrrrrraaaaaa z z z z e.,..,

You got punk in my crazy!
You got crazy in my punk!

let;'s call the whole thing off.

Sincizzle,
Craig. Z
Posted: Nov 18, 2006 4:27 am

i really dislike going to the daisy as well. i like cat power and all, but 21 dollars is a little steep too. like windy said, i can think of 10 bands off the top of my head i'd rather see if i was going to be paying that much. and i can think of 10 other venues i'd rather go to than the daisy. hands down.

had a good time last night seeing the guacos. missed the chinks though. *sad face* and it was only $5. :)
Posted: Nov 19, 2006 4:29 am

Didn't Karen Foster make that chick cry at the deli a few years ago? Not to hate though, that Rick Steff guy was pretty cool on keys for the Scruffs. Thanks to the handful of goners who came to see us.
Posted: Nov 19, 2006 4:48 pm

i bet you fags would really rather see crazy chan instead of the wrong numbers. electrocution or not.
Posted: Nov 20, 2006 2:56 am

MC Chris/Automusik was better.... and cheaper.
Posted: Nov 20, 2006 8:20 am

did MC Chris do "i want(need) candy" or any of his A.T.H.F. raps live?

MC Pee Pants- He NEEDS candy. (you know, to power that drill to release the demons from the center of the earth.) o.k. i gotta go to 612 Warf Avenue.- next to the gentlemans club.
Posted: Nov 20, 2006 4:08 pm

MC Chris/Automusik was better.... and cheaper.

The truth. Dude was incredible.

did MC Chris do "i want(need) candy" or any of his A.T.H.F. raps live?

Indeed.
Posted: Nov 21, 2006 1:23 pm

Cat Power sucks. Period. I;'ve had to sit through BORING cd's an ex-g.f. use to insist making me listen to AND I've even had to sit through one of here BORING ass shows were she wispered in a microphone for 2 hours (but I guess you'd call that "deep"). Zzzzz... She wouldnt know rocknroll if it came up and donkey punched her in the throat. Go post on Pitchfork, I'm sure they have a board over there.

I'd gladley pay $21 NOT to have to sit through that shit again. And I'd pay an extra $21 to hang out with dirk across the street drinking and talking shit about Cat Power.
Posted: Nov 21, 2006 1:28 pm

Somebody needs to throw eggs at her.
Posted: Nov 21, 2006 3:56 pm

I'm sure someone has.
Posted: Nov 21, 2006 4:04 pm

She's crying and puking in her plate all the way to the bank .
Posted: Nov 21, 2006 4:51 pm

i want to know more about this crazy. is she find her asleep in your yard crazy or is she pretend she has cancer sometimes crazy?
Posted: Nov 21, 2006 4:52 pm

is she find her asleep in your yard crazy
You're confusing her with Margot Kidder.
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 12:17 am

Who cares....according to Sherman the carpetbagger it was the Teenie Hodges show. Anybody can sound great with hi rhythm backing them. Ya'll know about carpetbaggers...exloiting all the real mcCoys down here.
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 12:26 am

i want to know more about this crazy. is she find her asleep in your yard crazy or is she pretend she has cancer sometimes crazy?

Kinda a combo of both those women, plus narcissitic crazy, plus puking-in-her-plate in front of the Map Room crazy, plus steal your best friends clothes and wear em on her album cover crazy (and then keep the stolen clothes and look at your best friend like SHE crazy when she ask for em back). Pretty much "you name it "crazy will apply.
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 6:42 am

did someone shat on there pretty little kitty faces?for 21$ i could get a chocolate ramrod and a bj from bk and still get to see THE FUCKIN GUACOS!!!!!!pussies are great only when there pushin up daisies NOT playin in them WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!!!!!!SHAT ON THE CAT BEAT EM WITH A WIFFLE BALL BAT FLAT TO THE MAT SO THEY WON'T COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!RAT PAT NAT TAT TAT TAT!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 7:52 am

that's my ebaola!
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 2:23 pm

pretty much "you name it "crazy will apply.

in other words, she's just like crazy jenna. only pretty, talented an popular.
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 4:50 pm

Hey, Goners! Sorry I haven't been able to post this week--been tracking down the board tape all week & I finally got my hands on it!!!! Yowza, it soundz better than it did live! Anyone who wants a cassette copy, hit me up at traderdood@hotmail.com. Here's what I'm looking to trade for(filabooger--send me 3$ plus shipping--it's a material world & i'm a material girl): 1) Pho Ho Bin Punk Wok Series--April (board) shows only. I got May & JUne shows already, but the Man made me pay taxes so I had to work nights delivering for Camy's back in April (& don't send me any more of those tapes recorded from the parking lot!!!! Board tapes only, brah!) 2) looking for audio or, preferably, video of a band from texas who played at murphys last month--some dude from the audience came up & spit on 'em!!! Punk fuckin' rock--that's kewl, ohmy god! Must have!!!!

Mad shoutouts to all on the Goner Board who have made me great music recs lately--esp. on this thread. I've learned so much from all the positive vibes given out here and I'm waay behind on catching up with all the kind jams--so many that I gotta do like beck & get a 2nd turntable to keep up! (I guess I'll be calling Camy again!!!) Long live Goners & the Goner Creed: if it's over 5$, it sux! I paypalled my 2$ in for my Goner Board Member patch--I hope this gets me a discount at the Bucc beer bust! Goners rule--Indie rock drools!
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 12:21 am

Ya know, you did start this thread with "Fuck a buncha goners".
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 2:25 am

when she was in her crazy days, did Cat Power ever start yelling at "niggers" in the audience?
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 3:46 am

No, but she whispered "Nigras".
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 7:10 am

Posted: Nov 23, 2006 12:18 pm

Uh...She's nuts. But I'm convinced alot of it is an act. Her music is intresting...but is good? I wouldn't kick her outta the sack tho...
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 6:27 pm

Lighten up & laff, Goners, or you're gonna have little goner heart attacks from too much stress! We're all Goners! Jay's jamming with Grifters & I'm forming a one man band! Don't worry--I'll never charge more than 3$ nor learn how to play the drums--I promise! Plus you're all on the guest list for every show. I plan on playing 4 or 5 times a week so this will be quite cost effective for all Goners.

I'll be at the Bucc tonight buying shots or Pabst (you're choice-draft or bottle, or can!) to anyone who has a better "I hate Cat Power" story than Karen Foster, who was (literally) mugged (or was it muzzled?) by club owner dave lorrison for talking at the previous cat power show! Go Goners!
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 7:59 pm

I know I mentioned mine before but I kinda liked the woman before the completely sad (fake? I dunno) breakdown at the Map Room pre-show with the puking into her food and reverse Maria of West Side Story with the "Am I REALLY pretty? Really Sam? I feel SO UGLY!!!!!" I mean, christ. That is just painful. Then she promptly gets up right on time and mesmerizes the crowd at Map Room with this utterly lethargic, Carole King on heroin set. And I am biased--she truly fucked over a great friend of mine in about 10 really shitty ways. I can't look at her the same after that.
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 9:40 pm | Edited by: cthort

I can see it now..."Critical darling Chan Marshall aka Cat Power, recently making a triumphant return after exorcising her inner demons, goes spiralling out of control after stumbling onto the Goner board."

Andria, make this happen.
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 9:45 pm

She could pose in a pink unitard running on a high school track strapped to a cross. Oh wait, she already did that.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 2:53 pm

...so did Madonna(read:levitating disco-ball cross). Yet another crazy, successful, and talented woman who seems to make people foam at the mouth and trip over their own angry tongues in hopes of outing her for the crazy woman she is.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 4:47 pm

"artists"

nurse one cock, pls.

even so, as I mentioned on the other thread, it was a pretty enjoyable show (sans cover at the deli anyway.)

If we didn't have crazy, msg board banter would suffer considerably.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 5:49 pm

She doesn't sound anything like Slayer.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 6:10 pm

Hmmm, Flesheater brings up a point. If I were 16, I might really worship Cat Power and think she was a fashion icon to emulate, go to Auto Shack to buy her O ring bracelets and dance around my room to her cassettes.

In going thru cds last night to sell at the moving sale, I noticed I still own Moon Pix and What Would the Community Think. They ain't goin nowhere but Florida with me.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 6:16 pm | Edited by: flesheater99

..that's cute. but instead you're well beyond your teens and feel the need to hate on folks (repetitively and insisently)for dysfunctional behavior from nearly 10 years ago and I'm at work and it's totally fucking dead and feel the need to stir the turd.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 6:21 pm

Exlax.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 6:31 pm

don't do it.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 6:57 pm

Did you just call it "Auto Shack"????

Would work if this were a period piece, but.......you'd be worshiping the Long Ryders, Michelle Shocked, or Opal or some shit, right? If so, "Auto Shack" indeed.
Posted: Nov 24, 2006 11:20 pm

..that's cute. but instead you're well beyond your teens and feel the need to hate on folks (repetitively and insisently)for dysfunctional behavior from nearly 10 years ago and I'm at work and it's totally fucking dead and feel the need to stir the turd.

oh, flesheater!!!! Please don't get serious about this right now. I know you are at work, but more than half of me is kidding about Mizz Koo Koo. I "hate" on that woman much less than pity her and if there weren't people like her in the world to crack up laughing about, life would be a lot less fun. I know you love the girl, but everyone who is loving her seems to read right past every halfway kind thing I say about her. It is a J-O-K-E. It is fun. But she did steal my friends clothes and boyfriend and I am a loyal friend.

Oh I called it Auto Shack alright. There was no Auto Zone when I was hittin up that place looking for O ring bracelets. This was summer/fall 84 and I had no idea who Opal or the Long Ryders were yet. Michelle Shocked would have freaked me out with all the lesbian stuff.
Posted: Nov 25, 2006 1:23 am

If I saw you in the parking lot of an Auto Zone right now I'd throw one of those oil barrels at you.

I Pity You. Fool!

yeah come on! LETS GO!!
Posted: Nov 25, 2006 2:40 am | Edited by: fierydrunk

No you wouldn't. You would come up and give me a huge hug and we'd go get drunk as hell and sing Force MD songs and not even think about Chan Marshall, you old lug.
Posted: Nov 25, 2006 3:17 am

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®