Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / What is going on over at the Deli tonight? LOTS of trucks.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 2:14 am

All day 18 wheelers have been covering the parking lot and street around the deli. We saw lots of stage lights, etc., being unloaded. I was too shy to go ask. Does anybody know what's up?
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 3:04 am

getting ready for the VH1 Cat Power shoot tomorrow night...
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 3:29 am

What is the VH1 Cat Power shoot?
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 3:37 am

Thanks, Rachel. Never mind. I googled. I now know that VH1 Cat Power is not the animated cat superhero film I had imagined. My apologies for showing my ignorance. Rock on! I swear I didn't just really say rock on...
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 4:11 am

I now know that VH1 Cat Power is not the animated cat superhero film I had imagined.

YES!!!!!
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 4:30 am

My apologies for showing my ignorance

I invented that!
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 1:20 pm

VH1 Cat Power shoot

When I read this I started cracking up laughing thinkin wow, Rachel made a funny. But apparently you were being seriouse. Ugg.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 1:34 pm

I invented that!

I call bullshit.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 2:13 pm

I love Cat Power -so hate me. It's partly an appearance thing- she really appeals to the middle aged white male in me( which is about 99%). it's also the barefoot -Sandie Shaw thing too.
I can't make her show tomorrow though.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 5:44 pm

She is a beauty and I liked some of her early stuff (dunno if I would today) but what a fucking egotistical loony beeyotch. That video interview a few months ago just kinda sealed it. She has reached new highs/lows of believing her hype.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 5:57 pm

h8 on h8r h8 on.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 6:07 pm

Just being honest, my friend. Just being honest. If I were seriously hating, I'd have no hateable offenses to back me up! So there Cat Power's Fool!!!!
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 6:39 pm

honest over here too.

sure she's crazy. what's new. you just crack me up is all.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 6:45 pm

I said she was pretty!!!!

But her craziness has reached funny new levels--the Mary J. Blige-saved-my-life shit? The Vincent Gallo film role? Holy shit. I cannot wait to start seeing her in Us Weekly and Defamer. She'll be jumping on Oprah's new couch by the end of the decade.

(I guess you are right--some people are fun to hate on)
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 7:03 pm

I wonder if the bright lights are going to make her cry and run off stage. That\'s what she\'s done the last two times I\'ve worked with her.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 7:21 pm

Fuck her and her fake-ass Francoise Hardy schtick(sp?). Francoise had legendary stage fright and would sometimes start to cry and not finish performances. The major difference being Francoise has about eleventeen dozen more songs than Cat worth listening to.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 7:30 pm

I cannot wait to start seeing her in Us Weekly and Defamer. She'll be jumping on Oprah's new couch by the end of the decade.

Maybe she'll be one of those VH1 talking heads or something eventually.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 7:31 pm | Edited by: cthort

Posted: Nov 15, 2006 7:38 pm

I saw her several times during ACL - she\'s a lot different with the back up band - you can\'t pull crazy when Doug Easley, Teeny Hodges and Rick Steff are playing with you.

but, she also told me that she was going to try out for SNL next season, so you know, whatever.

BTW, I think it\'s an MTV Urge Shoot not VH1, for the web, so they\'ll film it and then you can go online and see it - if yer interested...
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 7:54 pm

last time she came to town i ditched her show to hang out w/ dexter romweber (who opened for her)I'm convinced I made the right decision.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 8:53 pm

That's ok if y'all don't like her. But I think a lot of what gets raved about on this board as far as music is concerned isn't even as listenable as Siamese cats in heat. Like that dogshit awful supposedly soul band at the Buccaneer a few weeks ago a certain DJ was hyping like all get out, huh ?
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:12 pm

I could take or leave this Cat Power beyotch, but I've got a date tonight and she's pretty excited about this. Anybody (Rachel) know how to get in to this super-secret show at the Deli tonight?

help your pal Will get laid. gracias.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:16 pm

god will, i hope your date doesn't read the Goner board.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:19 pm

i'm pretty sure you just show up, no ones supposed to know about it, thus not many people there
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:23 pm

You gotta be on the list at the door for "security reasons". I'm on the list, but can't go.
One of my exes has been playing with her, and says now that she doesn't drink anymore she's just fine.
J Cutler, email me and I'll tell you my name so your girl can get in. Don't know if you have to show ID or not...or if they'll let you in too.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:24 pm

1. she doen't
2. she's heard me say worse
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:27 pm

Alisa, just sent it. Thanks muchly.
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 11:00 pm

blah. i wanted to see her and i'm not cool enough to be on this "list". feh.
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 12:03 am

hey alisa, I sent you another email
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 1:37 am | Edited by: Alisa

Just got the email, J Cutler. Whatever, y'all!
PS...elle, I'm not cool, just been around forever. And I mean forever.
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 3:40 pm

hey this actually ended up being pretty good! none of the self-involved bullshit histrionics of which I've heard tell. She sounded great, tho I would venture the bulk of the praise should go to Hodges, Easley, Spake et al...

We didn't even have to defraud the door dudes at the Deli. They just started letting random folks in. Thanks anyway, Alisa!
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 10:22 pm

That was the first time I saw her. She seems like a strange one. Like, if the weird little dances were done with some smile or something to signify that she realized she looked like a retard, it would have been cool. As it was, she just came of as really creepy.

Awesome voice though, and the band sounded amazing. Too bad they shut the bar down before I was able to get a drink!

Thanks for letting me be your guest, Chuck!
Posted: Nov 17, 2006 10:43 pm

gross !!! .. Lesbo !!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®