Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Wowee pics of Easley's, P&H
Posted: Nov 10, 2006 9:01 pm

The new Pavement Wowee Zowee deluxe cd booklet has nice liner notes from Doug Easley, a picture of Mark Ibold playing shuffleboard at the P&H, and a beautiful shot of the Easley Studio big room.

Sad.

Nice package, though.
Posted: Nov 10, 2006 9:06 pm

I'm coming for this. Today.
Posted: Nov 10, 2006 9:06 pm

(maybe tomorrow)
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 7:07 am

The bonus material on this one is my favorite of all of the reissues. Hilarious cover for the Descendents tribute album, lots of Groundhogs worship, some 80's hardcore nods...

I've always liked this album. And whatever happened to Steve Keene? That shit was like the hipster equivalent of the neon beer sign wall hanging back in the mid-90's. Yo.
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 4:31 pm

good to hear. I wasn't bowled over with the bonus stuff on the CRCR (S&E slayed, tho). Wowee might be my favorite - being that instance where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Or something. No super-obvious singles, but then you've got epic shit like "Pueblo" etc

I think Keene has a place in W'burg where you can buy a lot of his stuff for like 10 bucks. He churns them out at a rate of hundreds a month. I suppose with his name recognition, it's not a bad living.
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 5:17 pm

...or maybe I meant "Half a Canyon". Either way.
Posted: Nov 13, 2006 10:24 pm

how bout that pedal steel work
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 1:57 pm

I only have it on cassette still.
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 5:24 pm

A little over a year ago a friend of mine brought Mark Ibold over to my apartment. He was all 'yeah, I'm bringing my buddy Mark by...hope you don't mind.' Wise guy. Mark's hella mellow and friendly. We drank a few beers and then went on to the Pencil Factory where he told us a hilarious story about sitting at some table at an awards ceremony that Bob Dylan was also at and how Bob bent over right in front of Mark exposing Bob's red thong underwear. We all left from there and went to see Lightning Bolt in Greenpoint.

SK's still cranking em out. Only 40 shopping days til xmas!
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 9:47 pm

wow I thought I WAS THE ONLY mighty GROUNDHOGS fan left alive!!!!!!!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®