Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / What's wrong with you people?
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 6:23 pm

How come there's all this talk about a goddman manatee, but no one's talking about how good the new death ray record is????? Holy cow, for anyone who loves iggy pop & television, this is the best thing in a long while. If they wore more hairspray & had a famous fashion daddy, they'd be on every mag cover in the world.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 6:33 pm

that reminds me, go TOM LEE THE MANATEE!

MANATEE FEVER STRIKES AGAIN!
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 6:36 pm

I got the orig. Tom Lee the Manatee 7". You know, the one when he was Tom Cougar the Manatee.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 8:54 pm

I saw a Tom Lee and the Famous Daddies digi-pak last week @ Sound Waves (Belz Factory Outlet). I busted my cash nut getting my name painted on that 64oz. thermos from Happi Names, though. Maybe after the first of the month.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 8:57 pm

Oh my God, that's the funniest thing I've read all day.

*voice over intercom every five minutes*
"Hi, and welcome to the Factory Outlet Mall, where shoppers save daily..."

I used to love to recite that while exhaling nitrous oxide.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 9:26 pm

I used to hang out by the gold mini-castle-phone-a-nursery-rhyme on Saturday nights with THE freshest new irregular Bugle Boys you never peeped. HOLLAAAA BAY-BIES!
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 10:47 pm

You know you rocked Z Cavariccis, flesheater.
Posted: Nov 9, 2006 10:50 pm

"That's fine, mom. Take grandma over to Danskins for some slippers. I'm gonna go to World Liquidators to see if I can find a Samurai sword for six bucks."
Posted: Nov 10, 2006 4:39 pm

you could put your grammas slippers in a heart-shaped wicker basket from the Pottery Barn.

Jack Pack, them Cavaricci's were mustard colored in case you forgot.
Posted: Nov 10, 2006 4:48 pm

Ok, I'm headed over to garage punk forum for a serious music discussion with real music a-fish-anados.
Posted: Nov 10, 2006 7:24 pm

from hearing the new record, it sounds like someone in Death Ray bought a Neu! CD
Posted: Nov 10, 2006 8:14 pm

i love side one. still think "YOU MUST BE CERTAIN" could be better, but I love that song & have been waiting for it to show up on a manatee, i mean record.
Posted: Nov 10, 2006 8:18 pm

I plan on picking it up with the next paycheck, but I've been listening to the live stuff a lot. I don't know how it'll hold up, considering I believe the Factory Outlet Mall's archiecture was built as a nod to the Atlanta airport.
Posted: Nov 10, 2006 8:18 pm

I mean, WRWRWRWRRRRRRROOOONNNNGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!
Posted: Nov 10, 2006 8:21 pm

Yes, Yetti, you're right.
Posted: Nov 10, 2006 8:44 pm

Fuck Deathray!
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 12:10 am

"sand trap" is so good they put it on there twice.

Speaking of sand traps, tower finally went 40% off, which is about wholesale.
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 12:39 am

Tom Lee the Manatee likes wholesale.
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 12:47 am

Posted: Nov 11, 2006 2:47 am | Edited by: bvalentine

the new death ray record is

That record sucks. All that creepy dude does is talk a buncha shit through songs. Zzzz...

Tom Lee aint no junkie.
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 3:31 am | Edited by: Tom Lee the Manatee

Wow.
http://www.myspace.com/tomleethemanatee

That link ain't workin', baby. That's OK. Tom Lee the Manatee forgives you.

URL
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 6:07 pm | Edited by: sherman

Everyone knows the record sucks, but it is great, high energy music with really good songs that could have come out anytime 1977-1995. (Who doesn't think that sucks?) Definitely my favorite Memphis-involved record this year.

So what is as good or better in the last year or so around here if this one sucks so bad?

And I know you guys are just tomfoolerin' about manatees, but I warn you, don't fuck with them! They are much smarter than you give them credit for.
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15655584/
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 7:28 pm

So what is as good or better in the last year or so around here if this one sucks so bad?

Tennessee Tearjerkers - "Flip Side Kid" is way more worth a listen.
"'Til The Money Runs Out" might be the best song of the year, anywhere IMO.
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 8:07 pm

I like the new Deathray fine, but I think I like the other one I have more (Smash Radio Hits?). Maybe this one's a grower.

Yeah Jack's new stuff is ace.
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 8:17 pm

Tom Lee the Manatee loves the Flipside Kid!
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 8:28 pm

I'm playing Flip Side Kid at the store right now. Just sold 2 copies!
Posted: Nov 11, 2006 8:34 pm

Battle of the bands! Bring it on...
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 3:05 am

How come there's all this talk about etc.etc., but no one's talking about how good the new KAZALOK record is????? Holy cow, for anyone who loves anything, this is the best thing in a long while. If they wore more hairspray & had a famous fashion daddy, they'd be on every mag cover in the world.
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 3:05 am

Actually, they don't need more hairspray.
Posted: Nov 12, 2006 3:06 am

And I really like Stephen's "production", even if it is the same stuff as the cdr stuff and I didn't say anything the first time round.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®