Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Nostalgia: Pat's Pizza
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 4:29 am

God that place was like the movie "Blue Velvet" come to life -especially before the frat rats took it over. That jukebox was frozen in 1974-"Don't rock the Boat" and "Whatever Gets you through the Night". Pat's toupee . Miz Pat 's creepyness. The organ with the plastic over it . All those Reader's Digests. The place had the worst food ever but man ,the atmosphere was utterly surreal. I don't think I was ever in there sober. Anybody got any special memories?
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 5:17 am

Always the place to go after a night of Rocky Horror.
But never once did I attempt to actually eat anything there...just get a Coke and go in the back to play pool.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 9:30 am

i think i ate the pizza. probably topped with mr pat's wig hair.

playing pool in the back, completely wiggly pool table due to roof leakage above... pat's pizza ruled.
Posted: Oct 15, 2006 7:32 am

Went there once that I recall, but was fucked up out of my head and don't remember much... I do remember the wig and Miz Pat sitting there like a log. When did the place close?
Posted: Oct 15, 2006 4:54 pm

I actually really liked the plain cheese pizzas there. Granted I was usually high as a rat, but they were good. I always rocked "God of Thunder" on the jukebox

"Two Coke So-dees!"
Posted: Oct 15, 2006 5:02 pm

I forgot about the NY door policy -Miz Pat had to approve of you to buzz you in. One night some mullet type got real irate and punched through the window . There was what looked like a gallon of blood on the pavement outside the door.
Posted: Oct 15, 2006 8:05 pm

I went a couple of times. Always got scared off by that Ledbetter guy, though...
Posted: Oct 16, 2006 3:28 pm

probably topped with mr pat's wig hair.--He would bring you this small saucer of spices to top the pizza with. Dont' know what was init but it made the already really good cheese pizza taste like a miracle. It was probably just salt and pepper but tasted perfect when mixed with the old lady in slippers and a lazyboy watching 'Mama's Family' and Pat's stories about the badass cop in town back in the day who's name was "Skully" and how Skully would brain anybody just for lookin at him sideways.
Posted: Oct 16, 2006 4:54 pm

It was @ 4 a.m. at Pat's Pizza and I had done some acid- when I was interviewed and hired to tour Australia with Tav Falco and the Panther Burns. I remember telling him that I had taken the drug and he said "I imagine every one in here has wolves heads on them right about now". The rest is history. The year was 1986.
Posted: Oct 16, 2006 5:08 pm | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

It was @ 4 a.m. at Pat's Pizza and I had done some acid- when I was interviewed and hired to tour Australia with Tav Falco and the Panther Burns.
Did you have to pick up the check?
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 5:05 pm

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 6:16 pm

We used to go there when I was in high school. We'd get beer and play pool in the back. I don't recall exactly, was the pool table through a sliding glass door?
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 6:20 pm

Damn it's cool that those pics are archived.
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 6:54 pm

Those pictures need to go to the Pink Palace! AWESOME slice of life!
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 6:55 pm

You're a pink palace.
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 7:48 pm

Smile when you say that .
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 9:37 pm

[i]I went a couple of times. Always got scared off by that Ledbetter guy, though...[/i]--------Those Rocky Horror Picture Show Creeps never scared me. One time in Pat's, these fags were bragging about just getting out of the Picture Show, I told them that I just got back in town from seeing the CRAMPS. And called em some drunk names or something. I guess you had to be there.
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 9:43 pm

"I just saw the CRAMPS! I'm better than all you Rocky Horror FAGGOTS!"

-Miss Linda
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 10:50 pm

I can't stop looking at these Pat pix. The B&W ones are amazing.
http://www.guerrillamonster.com/new/Rockroaches/Pats_Pizza/gallery_cus tomers/pages/Image-712.htm
Posted: Feb 15, 2007 10:52 pm

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 11:06 pm

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 11:19 pm

and that was all before quaaludes!!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 12:51 am

I guess you had to be there.-------------Thanks Brandon!
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 5:31 am

Was there a "surprise" on the menu? If you ordered the "surprise", she'd come to the table with a covered dish with nothing underneath, followed by a loud "SURPRISE!!!"

???? Someone told me this story. Is it true? I only ate at Pat's twice, and was too young and scared to order the "surprise." I'm tired, busy, and do not feel young at all tonight.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 7:28 am

Posted: Feb 16, 2007 4:24 pm

Posted: Feb 16, 2007 4:39 pm

Pats Pizza is where I learned to reach into the coke machine and pull out a coke.
also, would turn red pepper upside down and put the top on the bottom.
I think they used PBR in the pizza.
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 4:47 pm | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

Wow!- Joe ,the drummer of The Guilloteens - http://www.guerrillamonster.com/new/Rockroaches/Pats_Pizza/galler y_cu stomers/pages/Image-292.htm http://www.guerrillamonster.com/new/Rockroaches/Pats_Pizza/gallery_cus tomers/pages/Image-685.htm http://www.guerrillamonster.com/new/Rockroaches/Pats_Pizza/gallery_cus tomers/pages/Image-685.htm
Also -Laddie ,bass player of The Guilloteens-http://www.guerrillamonster.com/new/Rockroaches/Pats_ Pizza /gallery_customers/pages/Image-293.htm Laddie ,again ,lookin' to' up from the flo' up-http://www.guerrillamonster.com/new/Rockroaches/Pats_Pizza/gal lery_ customers/pages/Image-67.htm
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 7:32 pm

[i]Was there a "surprise" on the menu? [/i]----------yes there was I asked if the suprise included anchovies, and ms.pat didn't like that.
Posted: Feb 17, 2007 8:39 pm

Why can't I remember this place? What street was it on? Broad? Summer?
Posted: Feb 19, 2007 8:22 pm

Summer, next to all the prostitutes.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 2:58 am

I ran out of gas right in front of Pat's Pizza in 1981 about 1 in the morning. Mizz Pat buzzed me in and decided she'd fix me up. She walked me across Summer Avenue to the Gulf Station. She said there was a security guard on duty inside the station who was passed out drunk as usual. She woke him up and made him unlock the pump, fill up my car, then told him to go back to sleep. We went back to Pat's and I had a cheeseburger and a Tab. Mizz Pat was my hero that night.
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 3:58 am

Pat's Pizza had Tab long after I quit seeing it in stores
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 3:47 pm

The pizza was vile (dough, Hunt's tomato sauce, cheese), the hamburgers were better. It really didn't matter much, since I was usually fried out of my brain when I went in there. Dave Brubeck's Take Five was on the jukebox.
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 4:41 pm

was there a "surprise" on the menu? If you ordered the "surprise", she'd come to the table with a covered dish with nothing underneath, followed by a loud "SURPRISE!!!"

???? Someone told me this story.

that was me, I'm sure. my favorite thing to encourage out-of-towners to order!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®