Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Editor of High Times speaking at U of M tonight
Posted: Sep 21, 2006 7:28 pm

Happens at 7 p.m. in thje University Center. Think the flyer said Mark Twain Lounge, which might be upstairs? Supposed to be a lecture on the legalization of everybody's favorite plant. Although cilantro has to be a close second.
Posted: Sep 22, 2006 3:17 am

Biggest turnout I've ever seen at a U of M non-athletic event. Was the editor and then an ex head of the DEA. Both passionate and both misquoted facts. Too much hippie shit going on, had to leave while all the dreadheads were queing up to blast the DEA guy with questions. Would have been much better if there weren't a group of the most ignorant black females I've ever encountered sitting directly behind me. Answering cell phones, laughing loudly, talking. Bunch of stupid bitches.
Posted: Sep 22, 2006 11:24 pm

i worked at high times for one day. jim marshall got me the gig. i wrote a bunch of stuff which they published in the following issue. i think i got paid like 70 bucks (it was the mid-late 80's). there was a lotta talk but nobody busted out with the tasty herb.
back in the 80's they used to have a column called the high five which was their fave 5 tunes/bands of the issue. my band the nightmares got chosenonr time for baseball altamont. i still rmemeber it the review. panic at shea. with guitars.
Posted: Sep 23, 2006 7:16 am

sounds like tiger high
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®