Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Beerfest - Paradiso all day....
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 3:42 am

...plus other theaters that you probably don't want to drive out to. But go see it while it's around, at least as a matinee.

This movie is fucking hilarious. Super Troopers was ok, Club Dread was shit, but this thing is out of hand. Great, out-to-lunch take on crude 80's comedies, and I generally despise 80's nods or retreads when it comes to film, and it's not retro or anything, just uses some basics from that genre and goes nutz. This movie is rated R for a reason!
Posted: Sep 9, 2006 1:55 am

OK, I am taking your word for it. This topic (retro 80's retreads) has been a topic of much debate over in our home. I am VERRRRRRRRRY critical of what has come before, but I'll give this a college try.
Posted: Sep 9, 2006 2:08 am

I thought Super Troopers was funny. It's one of the few modern comedies I own. Guess I'll go by myself. Ain't no way the girl's gonna go for this.
Posted: Sep 9, 2006 5:32 am

It's worth it.
Posted: Sep 9, 2006 5:52 am

Ain't no way the girl's gonna go for this.

well, i went for it (my suggestion) and it was great!
Posted: Sep 9, 2006 8:14 am

liked it.....and a beer movie is hard to pull off
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 6:29 pm | Edited by: Womb Raider

this movie was thoroughly enjoyable. any idea why such a limited release? it's playing at three theaters here but only like one showing a day at really gay hours. and for some reason it was only $5 even though I went to a 7:55 screening. weird.

methinks it's partially to fly under the radar of loud activist cunty anti-drunko organizations.
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 6:45 pm

we just got in a fine selection of german biergarten beer-drinking song lps. Cheap! Funny looking!

German comedian lp, too! there is such a thing!
Posted: Sep 15, 2006 6:52 am

UUUUMMMM, was everybody high that went and saw this? With the exception of about five scenes, I thought it was pretty bad.

I'm not gonna say horrible, but still pretty bad. It did show plenty of titties, and even though most were fake, they were still titties. We debated on walking over to " The Illusionist", but stuck it out in hopes it would get funnier.

Never happened.
Posted: Sep 15, 2006 7:03 am

Haven't seen it either. But if natch is your thing, check out:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Book-Breasts-Dian-Hanson/dp/3822833037
Posted: Sep 15, 2006 7:18 am

Holy Shit!!! I'm ordering that tomorrow!
Posted: Sep 15, 2006 4:56 pm

was everybody high that went and saw this?

well, I can't speak for everybody... but yes.
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 12:48 am

Jerry, if you'd had that book, we wouldn't have had to go see that crap-ola movie. But no, you just HAD to see some titties!
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 6:34 pm

Beerfest is awesome!

Btw, my sister is friends with the Broken Lizard guys - she went to school with them at Colgate and "Landfill/Farva" is married to one of her best friends. Anyway, he was telling her that the only thing Warner's demanded about the production was two words: MORE TITS!

Hence the ridiculous over-the-top exposure scene at the beginning - that was only supposed to be one girl until the WB got involved...

Anyway, classic freakin' movie...
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 6:35 pm

Oops, Vinyl Ritchie was me on that last post. But he loves it, too!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®