Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Kudos to Andrea for the Arthur Lee piece in Mojo ...
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 10:53 am

Best (and saddest) thing they've printed for an aeon, much respect to ya, Mizz Lisle ...

Great to see that Mary Weiss/Greg/B Miller photie/piece, and a Jessie Mae Hemphill obit, too ...

Cripes, if Mojo carries on like this, I may just have to start reading it again!
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 4:59 pm

thanks for the props, man! I haven't seen it yet.

an abbreviated version (1/3 as long) ran in the Memphis Flyer a few weeks ago...
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 5:10 pm

That was a great story in the Flyer, A! I can't wait to read the full article.

Once again you've knokced one out of the park.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 6:04 pm

Yaay for Andria!

It's a loong article, missus - eight pages, nice layout, including some great photies, plus sidebars, these including small pieces about the first three Love LPs by John Head (Shack), Alice Cooper, and Joey Burns (Calexico); an interview with Rusty from Baby Lemonade; and a whole page from Arthur's 'last interview' from the Love Story doc flick.

Still don't think Mojo shoulda given Sting an award on the same night as they gave one to Arthur, though ...
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 6:22 pm

thanks, Joss and Melissa! the funniest thing was getting a call from Jac Holzman... and unfortunately, Rodney Bingenheimer called me back 2 weeks too late! we talked for awhile, though...

the whole thing was done on the fly -- assigned, written, and edited in less than a week. glad to hear that it looks good... always nice to get feedback about my work!
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 8:39 pm

cool, cool andria..... i wanna read this. did anyone post a link to your flyer piece?

is this the SEPT issue of mojo? dunno if its here yet on US newsstands.... anybody?

and like andria who hasn't yet seen her own piece....

i haven't seen my tiny bit in that issue either..
Great to see that Mary Weiss/Greg/B Miller photie/piece,
do any of you UK folks have a scanner? can you scan that and send it to me? its for my portfolio
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 11:14 pm | Edited by: BigKegShandy

Credit where credit's due, Andrea AND Theresa!

Erm, I gave the Mojo to one of my colleagues to take home, so I dunno when I'll be able to get me mitts on it! Theresa (and Andria), I can try and scan both articles and email 'em over sometime next week, if you get it sooner, lemme know, OK?

Andria, won't Mr Male email you a PDF of both articles?

Anyhoo, will try, so lemme know ...
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 11:28 pm

thanks, and thank you if you can scan that puppy.
i will go look for it... i never know when Mojo arrives in the US and it gets to LA later than it gets to NY
if i get my own mitts on it before you do BKS, i'll scan andria's article too (and send to you, a)
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 3:36 pm

Andria, Theresa! I got the Mojo back but can't scan the articles, cos the Mac at work its attached to is constantly in use - does one of ya want me to mail it? If so, contact me off-list ...
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 6:00 pm

thanks, Joss, but don't worry about me -- I'll get a copy in the mail this week... and congrats on that new job and move!
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 6:10 pm

same here, joss... its finally at a newsagent here.
enjoy your Mojo!
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 5:35 pm

Sorry about that, don't have a scanner at home! Actually, our place is all boxed-up now, anyway! I keep waking up to find that Nadia's done more random packing before she's left for work - f'rinstance, it was sunny the other day, so I reached for ... oh, the sunglasses got packed! Probably wouldn't be able to find Al Quaeda in our spare room right now ...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®