Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Visiting Memphis/Nashville September 1 - 4, tips/food/shows/etc??
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:49 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm a long-time lurker on the board, generally just sit back and read music recommendations and tour news and stuff like that. My girlfriend and I are flying down to Nashville Sept 1, renting a car, and then driving straight to Memphis.

So far the only things on the agenda are Graceland/Graceland Too, the Stax Museum, and a stop at Goner. Could you fine residents provide recommendations for other sites to see, and (especially) good restaurants? We'll probably be around Friday and Saturday and then head over to Nashville on Sunday, so if anyone has some tips for there that'd be great too.

Thanks,
Dave
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:52 pm

Dutch Masters/River City Tanlines/Tuff Luvs Friday night at Murphys.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:54 pm

Also I'm sure this thread happens every five days, and I apologise for being the 17,000th person to make it.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 1:44 am

Tips for Nashville: Don't go.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 1:49 am

Tips for Nashville: Don't go.

well, they're flying down to nashville because they have figured out what i keep telling you! its a much cheaper airfare AND its a short drive to memphis. nashville's airport is the best kept secret in the USA.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 2:04 am

TRUE SONS OF THUNDER 5pm Verizon Stage Mid-South Heritage festival

and the rest of the festival, too (River City Tanlines are rockin it, loads of folkie/bluesy stuff!)
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 3:54 am

Twinz, What is your diet of choice? Thai, vegetarian, soul food?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®