Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Memphis Flyer Best of Memphis Poll
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 6:16 pm

Posted: Aug 11, 2006 12:30 am

I vote Heather Crawford for EVERYTHING!
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 2:21 am

gee, i wonder who i voted as my favorite record store....
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 3:35 am

Don't forget, Pizza Hut for best pizza, Target for best gift shop. Every year!
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 11:11 pm

tony's pizza rolls for best pizza, and burglary for best gift shop. Pizza hut winning best Pizza really does put perspective on the reader's poll.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 4:53 pm

how bout red lobster winning best seafood?
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 7:19 pm

god, i know. gross. people are so damn retarded sometimes. i guess when that's all you know, then that is the best to them. but still...

i can't believe those morons actually send their ballots in though. people like that need to just leave well enough alone with the voting. heh.
Posted: Aug 13, 2006 8:31 pm | Edited by: ChrisG

Mark Rochambeaux wrote:
Don't forget, Pizza Hut for best pizza, Target for best gift shop. Every year!

Years ago I use to work at the Memphis Flyer. We got that crap all the time. You ask Best Fries and McDonald's wins every year.

Here in New York, the Voice has figured out how to get around that. They change all the questions each year, and make them very specific. They don't have a best Pizza category. One year they will have Best Pizza with a Wood Burning Stove, the next year they will have slate oven pizza or brick oven stove. That way they disqualify the chain pizzas. They find tricky ways to eliminate all the chains in each category, but this also means years and years can go by before your restaurant can even qualify for an entry.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 7:47 pm

I think they should just simply make it for locally owned restaurants. Just say "No national chains."
Posted: Aug 16, 2006 12:01 am

Burger King, Heather Crawford, and that girl on the Jolly Royal comercials! That's all anyone needs to know about what's "best " in memphis.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®