Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / INTERNATIONAL GOAT DAYS in Millington Sept 8-10 2006
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 10:45 pm

INTERNATIONAL GOAT DAYS

Always a great time. Free! No boozin' it!

Don't miss the anvil shooting- noon on saturday! BOOM!
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 11:07 pm

sorry, but there's somthing a little weird about petting a goat and then stepping over to the next booth and eating one.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 11:44 pm

What's weird about that? Them's good eatin'.
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 12:44 am

I videotaped the goat chariot races last year. Had me laughing for hours. Be sure to pick up your official" Goat Days" license plate. They look really good on the front of your car.

And Rachel, what's wrong with petting a goat and then eating it. I do that to girls all the time. OOOOHHHH!!!

....... I apologize for that last comment. I just listened to " Dice" Clay and got carried away. Again, I'm sorry.
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 12:48 am

that's baa-aaa-aaa-d.
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 12:56 am

I concur!
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 1:46 am

Now I don't know which is worse, my comment or elle's. It's debatable, yes?

There's a tackiness factor to both of them.

Hey, I saw a wolf today while riding my bike on presidents island. This was after the whole dice clay thing.

And no picking sides, Rachel.
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 2:03 am

Hey, I was just glad you didn't use "kids" instead of "girls."
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 9:28 am

Hey, I saw a wolf today while riding my bike on presidents island.

Really?!? Are you sure it wasn't a coyote?
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 12:18 pm

everybody's hollerin' goat!
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 1:36 pm

I need a goat to do my yard work.
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 2:29 pm

Goat Days Stone Ground Corn Meal makes the most delicious cornbread. This year I'm stocking up.
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 2:38 pm

Goat Days Stone Ground Corn Meal is people!!!!!
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 2:44 pm

Posted: Jun 27, 2006 3:42 pm

Yeah scott, it was a coyote. I was thinking about wolves earlier and accidently typed that in.
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 4:40 pm

GOATS RULE!!!!!!
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 5:48 pm

um, dutch oven judging?
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 3:55 pm

YES! the dutch ovens rule! steam engines, too!

i'm telling you, screw the fair, GOAT DAYS!
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 12:16 pm

THIS WEEKEND!!!
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 3:29 pm

the dutch ovens rule

I vote for the one that Ernest Borgnine gave Ethel Merman on their honeymoon.
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 5:11 pm

man...... somebody get me a goat days t-shirt, mine got messed up.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 12:24 am

who all's going?
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 1:15 am

man...... somebody get me a goat days t-shirt, mine got messed up.

you can get a Goat Days Clear Drawstring Bag, whatever that is, from the goat shop.

http://www.internationalgoatdays.com/goatshop.htm
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 2:59 am

I think that's to put makeup in or something. the goat shop doesn't have 2006 goat days t-shirts on it. but those coasters are desirable. I don't remember seeing those there.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 5:34 pm

That is the weirdest looking goat I have ever seen. It almost looks like something from the scifi channel. I have to go to this thing.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 6:43 pm

who all's going?

I'm probably taking the kid up there at some point this weekend.
What size t-shirt?
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 6:50 pm

"Animals that don't have names should watch out for barbecue grill"

The title of hemant's link is funny.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 11:42 pm

I'll be going with my son tomorrow for the chariot races and later for the rodeo, and then heading back sunday for the rodeo again.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 11:48 pm

Maybe I go on Sunday.

Sambeaux said last year was "goat-tastic."
Posted: Sep 9, 2006 5:29 pm

Posted: Sep 9, 2006 10:18 pm

BEST GOAT DAYS day EVER!

crazed goat escapes chariot & sprints through kiddie playland eluding capture! crazy xtian muppet puppet show w/beatles song take-offs! fantastic Largest Goat contest- T Rex won (2nd year straight, pretty sure.) Saw some anvils fired, saw 'em stuck in the ground. Cool.

samoscars was disappointed to learn that you need your own goat and chariot to enter the chariot races. bummer.

those chariot races were great, though- the kids one was insane with that runaway goat, then the "senior" division had great goat wipeouts & one spirited neck-to-neck finish- the crowd was on its feet, cheering! No joke!

Hot as heck out there, though. bring sunscreen & bucks for bottled water.

Get out there sunday! GOAT DAYS DELIVERS!
Posted: Sep 9, 2006 11:42 pm

Leaving midtown at 11 tomorrow morning. Got to be back by 3 for the men's final, but looking forward to some quality goat time.
What's the t-shirt scene like? I really want one of those. Do they have ashtrays?
Posted: Sep 10, 2006 12:43 am

t-shirts were all right... yellow on blue, but they've got some bank's logo on the back. last year's shirts were only 5 bucks. seemed like they were running low on both new and old shirts, but maybe they had more stashed in the back. coffee cups, they got.
Posted: Sep 10, 2006 12:43 am

oh yeah, i got martel his shirt!
Posted: Sep 10, 2006 5:00 am

Man, it was hot!

I got some so-so video of the escaping goat from the first race, and really good video of the next three races. That one goat just lost his marbles and took the fuck off. Excellent!

But what stopped me in my tracks was the christian puppet music show. I stayed and video taped three songs of that mess. " Sweet Home Alabama" changed to " Sweet Home up in Heaven", and then some eminem song changed up. It was hard to hold the camera straight while laughing my ass off. I'm going to watch it in a minute and see how it turned out.

My son and I were going to stay for the rodeo but decided to go to the car races in west memphis instead.

Rodeo tomorrow at 2. I'll be there. And erics right- tee shirts were okay, but for 12 bucks it's worth buying one. And the license plates are nice, too.
Posted: Sep 10, 2006 3:56 pm

Favorite T-Shirt (on what appeared to be a 14 - 15 year old girl):

"These ARE my backstage passes!"

It was hot.

Other highlights not mentioned above:

Faceless dolls, dumping the cheerleader in the tank of brown water, and the old American Legion guy's seamless monologue via microphone and guitar amp....he did not miss a reason why a 27" color TV is better than whatever it is you are doing at that moment....

Missed most of the action. We left to drive north up 51 (and backroads) looking for thrift/junk shops. There's one in Covington called "Extreme Antiques." It was not so extreme.
Posted: Sep 10, 2006 6:03 pm | Edited by: Windy

dammit! we missed the crazed goat chariot races!
I did (hopefully) get photos of little kids getting butted by the petting zoo goats. did anyone else see the woman in the "friends with benefits" t-shirt?

I got a youth t-shirt - they didn't have ther bank logo on the back, but it's blue. there weren't many t-shirts left, so maybe they were holding back some for today? youth t's were only $8. they were outof large though soi had to get medium but it fits pretty good.

the dude trying to give away the tv "well folks, the wind is picking up, why don't you come on over here and pick up your raffle ticket....................."
Posted: Sep 10, 2006 7:18 pm

What I meant was, it was hot outside.
Posted: Sep 10, 2006 7:39 pm

jerry, if that video turns out, i would love to see it. i actually missed the puppet show & couldn't stay for the 2nd performance... youtube bound!

i seen that girls' shirt! come on, moms! dads? kids today.

those faceless dolls "faces" (face-areas?) were made out of pantyhose!

the wonders of goat days. cindy g said they really did run out of t-shirts today.

it was hot.
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 2:17 am

shit! i woulda skipped canada if i knew i was missing this! how was the anvil shooting this year?
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 11:21 pm

No "family" events for me thankyou!
Posted: Sep 15, 2006 12:28 am | Edited by: Scott

Windy, where's that pic?
Posted: Sep 15, 2006 12:49 am

Eric, I'm gonna get that video on youtube as soon as possible. Have to convert it to digital and then download. The puppet show turned out good. The first goat race( where the goat went ape shit) is just so-so, but the others are good. Be on soon. I'll post the link when it's up
Posted: Sep 15, 2006 6:20 pm

The first goat race( where the goat went ape shit)
Run ,FREE BILLY, Run!!!
Posted: Sep 15, 2006 8:58 pm

i cannot wait.
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 9:44 pm

animal rights people got mad because:
In 1991, a fainting contest at the festival was canceled after animal-rights advocates complained that frightening the animals was cruel.

but not because of:
Goats get barbecued at the festival.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®