Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / festival...get it??
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 8:03 pm

in an attempt to get a festival started (and who knows when it will come to fruition) i need to start with location ideas.

(ahem) your thoughts....
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 8:13 pm

Depends on what your festival is?
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 8:14 pm

I am still a big proponent of the Brooks Road Music Fest, by the way...
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 8:18 pm

Close Libertyland
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 9:26 pm

in memoriam of the loss of two good friends, and as sunday approaches (the one-year "anniversary"), i would rather commemorate their potential than sit around every year, a mope.

it would be comedy-oriented, combing films and photography (as one was an aspiring comedian and the other a photographer). they both perished in the same car accident. theres a ton of politics that go into it (i.e., the cause was due to road rage, admitted by the road rager, and despite the enormous number of witnesses, she is not going to be convicted on any accounts).

for further detail, please reply. meanwhile, im looking for a good location here in memphis. any help is appreciated.

p.s. i know i posted this thread twice, sorry
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 9:47 pm

my house when the P.A. shows up........and the ping pong table..tuckerfest91.
Wasnt that the year punk broke.
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 9:52 pm

my house when the P.A. shows up........
If'n you need a PA...
Holler.
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 10:11 pm

a suggestion was the powerhouse...would that be logistically stable for something this small, despite its hopes for "greatness"?

hrm
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 10:16 pm

listen to baron.....goood idea but no venue
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 10:24 pm

Powerhouse is small, already has projection apparati, but is expensive to rent. I inquired six months ago and believe it was $1200 for a day. Indie Memphis does a lot of stuff there...perhaps you could get the building by doing a benefit for them in memory of your friends, or something like that.
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 10:25 pm

an idea i thought of humoring actually, a benefit

more details to come...p.s. more suggestions needed
Posted: Jun 16, 2006 11:27 pm

check into First Congo...

they have a theater - and a parking lot if you wanted to have bands.

I miss the Two Way Festival...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®