| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Anchorman Rapist
Posted: May 4, 2006 3:03 am

WHAT???

TV anchor charged in child statutory rape

By Lawrence Buser
Contact
May 3, 2006

"Good Morning Memphis" anchor Ron Meroney was arrested this afternoon on a warrant from Maryland charging him with statutory rape of a child under 14, authorities said.
Meroney, 69, was arrested without incident at his home by agents from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation shortly before 4 p.m., according to spokesman Jennifer Johnson.

He was taken to the Shelby County Jail and will appear in General Sessions Criminal Court as early as Thursday to face extradition.
Meroney was indicted in December by a grand jury in Wicomico County in southeastern Maryland where the county seat is Salisbury.

The indictment was sealed, according to the arrest warrant, and prosecutors there could not be reached late today.

According to a FOX 13 Web site, Meroney's career has spanned five decades. He has been in Memphis since at least 1998. In the late 1950s, he replaced TV legend Wink Martindale on Channel 13's "Top Ten Dance Party." He has since worked in a number of markets throughout the country in both radio and television.

Meroney lived in Maryland from 1972-85 and also has lived in Florida, according to an online public records data base.
Posted: May 4, 2006 4:34 am

Posted: May 4, 2006 4:43 am

You know that was the first and only article I clicked on after Googling him. Perfect.

My mom was a big fan of Top Ten Dance Party. She used to love going as a kid. A 14 year old kid. Ew.
Posted: May 4, 2006 3:38 pm

Shoulda been Under 10s' Dance Party! Sounds like y'all got yer very own Jonathan King!
Posted: May 4, 2006 4:21 pm

Ancorman the Legend of Ron Meroney - i smell a movie.
Posted: May 4, 2006 4:51 pm

Was this supposed to have happened recently?
Posted: May 4, 2006 6:02 pm

It reads like it may have happened years ago.
Posted: May 5, 2006 8:48 am

What's funny is, how do the authorites "not" know the guy's a tv personality in Memphis? Duhh.. "We've been looking for him"..lol, He was never trying to hide. Hey cops, heard of google?
Posted: May 11, 2006 10:15 pm

I'm pretty sure I saw Ron Maroney on Datelines- To catch a predator- last week. Did he go by the screen name " Meatrocket 8"? If you would have told me that someone on that show got arrested for statutory rape, I would have guessed it would be that fat black weatherman. Nobody's that happy in the morning. Nobody. Unless of course you've been having sex with undreage chidren.
Posted: May 12, 2006 12:13 am | Edited by: cthort

Ha!
Posted: May 13, 2006 2:01 am

A friend of mine said, "he must have asked the kid if she wanted to ride the Maroney pony." Shameful.
Posted: May 13, 2006 4:50 am

Hola!

Former Memphian, been away for several years living in China. This incident that he was busted for happened about 30 years ago, and it came to light because the "victim" told her therapist about it. 30 years later. This is called "repressed memory". I hope the guy did it, because the repressed memory thing sounds like BS.

I first heard about this from the WMC-TV website. When I read the name, I went to the WHBQ website to read about the guy. Channel 13 news sucks, the rating were always in last place, even back in the old days of Ed Craig and "Coach" Charlie B. Watson. Ch. 13 news employs "Happy Talk", and the anchors are supposed to banter with each other and be upbeat. I noticed that Claudia Barr wasn't in their website and saw that she was now on News Channel 3, along with Jim Jaggers. I guess Ch.3 got them from the salary that they were paying to "Helmet Hair" Jerry Tate (who quit Channel 3 for Ch. 13 briefly, and was more embarrassed with being over there than his retarded son Officer Dave). Claudia and Jaggers deserve better, and I am happy for them, and from their pics on the WREG website, they haven't aged a day in 20 years. Cool.

Leon Griffin (the happy black guy) has been around forever, and he is very recognizable with that deep barritone voice. Leon's my father's name (and my middle name!).
Posted: May 13, 2006 6:49 am

Um, senor boogie woogie- Do you watch a lot of news? because you seem to know a helluva lot about all the anchors.

My retarded cousin wayne knows a lot about jerry tate. He asks about him till this day, even though he lives in atlanta. Wayne, is this you?

If this is you, how old were we when you beat the shit out of me with your super duper retard powers while at the old waterpark off summer?

Don't think I've forgot about that. I'm just waiting till I bulk up some and then I'm coming after you. And then we'll see who tries to drown who, mother fucker!
Posted: May 13, 2006 8:42 pm

Jerry D,

This is Wayne. I remember ass fucking you when you were five. Tight ass, good cum. But i was quick because I didn't want to miss News Channel 4:30 with Alex Coleman and Mary Beth Connley.

I am going to kill you one day, the way I will do it is to kidnap you, fuck you in the ass a few times and stick a latex Jerry Tate mask over you and watch you sufficate while I masterbate over your dying writhing body. I have always wanted to fuck you and/or Jerry Tate in the bum.

My wondrful, erect, hard, white mothing fucking cock is ready for you to suck and be sodomized by and I want to eat your shit like Breyer's chocolate ice cream. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I can taste it now.

After, I blow your head clean off with my sawed off 12 guage.

Senor
Posted: May 13, 2006 10:25 pm

Yeah, senor. I'm sorry- Wayne.

It's you. I can tell by the lame attempt to be funny and witty. Just like when we were younger, it still is not amusing.

Too much angst for a socially disfunctional person. You should get that fixed.

And are you going to blow my head off after you have sex with me or before?. I'm confused. Because it sounds like some of the things you want me to do will be hard since I'll be dead.

Could you please get your thoughts in order next time you decide to babble on. And maybe take some of that retard money you get from the government and take a creative writing class.

Just like I told you when we were younger, being retarded is not an excuse for being stupid.
Posted: May 13, 2006 10:44 pm

I'm sorry, senor. It's dysfunctional, not disfunctional. Us smarties cannot spell sometimes.
Posted: May 14, 2006 6:06 am

Senor, why are "Fetus soup" "Cat abuse", and "cashfiesta" on the list?
Posted: May 9, 2017 1:39 pm

WHERE IS HE AS OF MAY 9 2017?
Posted: May 20, 2019 10:02 am

fierydrunk
Meroney pleaded guilty to a single charge (third degree sexual offense) and received probation.....
Posted: Jun 7, 2019 5:00 pm

did not know he was a rapist, but the guy plays a mean jazz flute.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®