Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Black Unicycle Gang in Overton Park
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:11 am

I saw two members today as I was jogging through.

One was repping Orange Mound in the manner of a t-shirt that said "Orange Mound" on it. The other was wearing a helmet.

There's still time to work this into "The Warriors '06", somebody get Craig Brewer on the line.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:29 am

What is this "jogging" crap?
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:31 am

What kind of helmet?
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 5:02 am | Edited by: Mark Rochambeaux

Are they "homo thugs"? I mean, it is Overton Park, and they are on unicycles ...
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 5:45 am

there's gotta be a scene where those homohommies do a uniride by and then they end up back at the there hood where the og 's are in wheelchairs slingin hubbas off vance.why doesn't BREWER just make a documentary?
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 7:27 am

There used to be a brutal gang of grade school kids in Cooper Young that rode around on bikes that in a big clump of bully. They beat up punk rock kids on bikes (or threatened to) and stole them. I know a few people that got hit, and one person who narrowly escaped them.

Having survived that terror, I think I'd be even more concerned about unicycling thugs, cause they always have both hands free for full on bully action.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 3:56 pm

a couple teenaged members of said gang (unless there's more than 1! HORROR!) STOLE (okay, we gave 'em, without coersion, but they still didn't pay for 'em!) GONER STICKERS TO PUT ON THEIR UNICYCLES last summer!

brutalities!
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:44 pm

Someone please please please hook me up with an Orange Mound t-shirt! Name your price.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 5:07 pm | Edited by: flesheater99

They beat up punk rock kids on bikes (or threatened to) and stole them. I know a few people that got hit, and one person who narrowly escaped them.

ps
this happened to me and a number of other kids I was with behind the KFC on Union. I got a pipe wrench pulled on me (but not hit) as I willfully handed over my bike. Another kid I was with (Charlie--good god this was a long time ago) got hit in the arm as he fled. He got away with his bike though.

that being said someone please please please hook me up with an Orange Mound shirt or hoodie. Size medium. (or XXXL...for the club and stuff, you know)
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 5:10 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Was it a homemade affair or is someone actually selling "Orange Mound" tees????

M.J.--You know you could just get one off that dumb Neighborhoodies site.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 5:14 pm

Never thought about that.

but seriously if I could get a real simple OM thsirt, maybe even in a Fairview Orange. FREEK FREEK YALL!
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 5:26 pm

The Walgreens at Airways and Lamar and Park in Orange Mound used to have "Orange Mount t-shirts $10" on their sign. Uh I mean $20. I'll send you a few for cost + a small handling fee.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 5:37 pm

Ok, I 'Indian Give' the "name your price"--my eyes were bigger than my stomach. But I want one. seriously. I'll pay the price of 1 and an xtra couple for gas 'cause I know how things are these days.
It doesn't have a bunch of other bullshit on it, does it? Nice and plain that's what I want. No steamboats and no blues guitars...pyramids maybe.
If yr serious lets talk.

Can you pick up my 'scripts while yr over there?
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 6:05 pm

if you really want a authentic orangemound t shirt you have to be bunnyhopped in by the ORANGEMOUND UNICYCLE SOCIETY"and let me tell ya it's not easy".first you lay down on the screet with a funnel in your mouf and a 1/2 gallon carton of jungle juice next to your side.second whilest you begin pourin da jungle juice in yo mouf the twelve unicyclers begin chanting DWINK DAT SHIT DWINK DAT SHIT.third they begin in threes bunny hoppin yo body whilest yo on da screet barely missin yo limbs in repitition till dey cant cownt no mo.at least that's what my friend said they do.and then sho nough when dey git tired and sweaty dey take off dere orange mound t shirts you grab one and run like hell.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 6:18 pm

i've seen about 5 or 6 of them unicycling all at once. i can't do that shit. i'd fall on my head. i have enough of a time with a regular bike.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 6:20 pm

I bought Dave D an excellent vintage Fairview t for his bday one year...it ended up being too small for the big man.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 8:25 pm | Edited by: taterhead

i'll stop by that walgreens next time i play golf at the defense depot and see if they still got some and how much they are.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 8:53 pm

righteous.

size medium.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 9:10 pm

I want one too--do they make womens sizes???
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 10:17 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

please hook me up with an Orange Mound t-shirt!

New business idea: Hood t-shirts. Locals show their pride and get cred' for survivin'. Ironic types will buy them up until gentrification sets in. You could do them for the roughest neighborhoods, and sell them through someplace like American Apparel. Maybe even Target.

I'd dig a t-shirt with the decrepit yet cute "Welcome to Frazier" sign that used to be on I-40W near the big overpass.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 10:51 pm

In my obligation to serve the greater good (flesheater99specifically), in my search for an Orange Mound t shirt online, I came across this site:

http://www.orangemoundrecords.com/

Comedy freaking gold.

Mr. Leon H. Beck is the Presiden & "CEO"/ Orange Mound Records. Mr. Beck once wrote a song and sent it to country music great Mrs. Crystal Gayle, and she responded on how well she enjoyed the song, being that the song was centered around the september 11th event. also the late but great Ray Charles also thank Mr. Beck for his candid songwriting abilities. these articles can be viewed in the above photographs.Mr. Beck said that he enjoy writing songs and the music mogul also added that he will not stop signing and developing new artists, until his label reaches the diamond status that he intended for it to become.

Oh and here are some tshirts that suck
http://www.cafepress.com/politicalmusing/753070
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 12:34 am

The tee shirt in question resembled the "Blues Explosion" font from around the time of the (coincidentally enough) "Orange" album.

And the helmet was a Flyaway (which jives with Rochambeaux's homo-theory, everybody knows that true heterosexuals only wear Pro-Tec -that actually deserves its own thread elsewhere though).

Elvis Presley Blvd. is Memphis
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 8:51 pm

t-shirts are coming... get your Orange Mound Record Bags now!
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 8:53 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

OK, we shall be adding some things to our return order!!!!! When do you expect the tees? Are you getting the basketball tees?
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 9:17 pm

we're awaiting a shipment, not sure what the shipment will have!

very exciting!
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 9:37 pm

we're awaiting a shipment, not sure what the shipment will have!

How very "Orange Mound"!!!!!
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 11:00 pm

I want a Hickory Ridge T-Shirt! With a dead little baby right under the logo! The party starts at 9 on the back!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®