Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / I need work but light vol type shit
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 9:47 pm

I have a little money saved so I havent needede to work for a while but my roomate...she has been busting her ass to pay her part of the rent and I'm starting to feel slothful. I cant keep sitting around wrinting random things on random pieces of paper and drinking sangria with the windows open and the air on. I need work. I dont need a real job just something that pays the laws minimum. I dont need much. I just want to stay busy with something besides my brain. When school starts back up I'll be fine but right now I'm looking to wash the pachyderms at the zoo, for example. Anyway, any suggestions?
P.S. I have no viable skills. I do, but none that are applicable to anything.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 9:56 pm

You could come mow my yard. Got a mower? What's "the law minimum"? Like $6 an hour, or something.
Can you pass a drug test? My friend works at the zoo making the animals' food, and always needs help.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 10:05 pm

Alisa I'm dead serious. I would love to make food for the animals. I'm on my way over there now(the zoo)....free day, except my roomate is from phoenix and has to pay 12lve bucks. I'll ask around whilst I'm there. I can pass a drug test for sure. Thanx
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 10:13 pm

Buddies name is David Morrow...tell him Alisa sent you.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 10:59 pm

what time is the zoo free 'til?? it's 5 now, am i too late? i wanna go.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 11:27 pm

By far, one of the best deals in town is zoo membership. I think if you're single you can get it for some absurd price like $25...roughly 2 visits to the zoo. A family membership is cheap...just $50 or $60 dollars. I have 4 kids on my membership...although I only have three (well, two zoogoing) kids. Plus, you get to park for free, which I think is $3 a pop.
I know free days are FREE, but if you want to go any other times the membership is the way to go.
Disclaimer: yes, I think zoos are kinda sad...but the Memphis Zoo is pretty nice.
Here's my last visit...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alisa_in_memphis/sets/72057594110400150/
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 11:35 pm

I smell the makings of Goner/Free day at the zoo... uh, let me rephrase that.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 12:38 am

$25 bucks only alots two visits?? i'm confused.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 1:52 am

Yeah, I think it's like $12 to get in there. For two visits you can buy a single membership, and go any time you want. You buy a membership, you can go whenever. I think it's $25 for a single person membership. And then you can go whenever.
Maybe it's gone up, but a family membership is still just sixty bucks a year.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:05 am

that's really a pretty good deal. might have to be looking into that. thanks for the heads up!!
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 6:26 pm

awww those pictures of the polar bears are so freaking cute. i want a polar bear! aaaaaaaaaaargh.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 6:28 pm

Well make sure you fly DHARMA airlines the next time you fly and it should be no problem, eh?
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 6:47 pm

Ah! You are scaring me, Sherry.

Fucking Netflix sent us Lost Season 1 DISC TWO, before Disc 1. Idiots.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 6:58 pm

awww those pictures of the polar bears are so freaking cute. i want a polar bear! aaaaaaaaaaargh.

Isn't the Polar bear man's only natural predator?

Being hunted for food dosen't sound cute to me!
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 7:02 pm

Isn't the Polar bear man's only natural predator?
only if you get to close
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 7:55 pm

Talked to my friend who works at the zoo last night, he said that one polar bear is a big ham and sits on that rock and eyes the folks...sometimes snarling! They do look cute, but when you see em that close up you realize how freaking powerful they are!
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 7:56 pm

Timmy! Timmy the Fox!
Posted: May 3, 2006 4:31 am

You could sell pot.
Posted: May 3, 2006 12:14 pm

You could sell pot.
in mehico maybe
eh Cheech
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®