Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Spring has Sprung
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 8:09 am

1st real day of spring today. No more cold weather. This paying MLGW in March for heat is getting old.

1) Noise Choir today is the 1st day of spring weather--get some rent money at the swap.
2) Ponderosa is 6 weeks away.
3) Grizz have won 6 in a row! Get on Jake's bandwagon now. Jake is the Greek Luc Longley.
4) Cool new Memphis Flyer site!
5) eddie bond, hi rhythm section, Mavis Staples, bob dylan, Travis Wammack, DRI, new/improved INXS, dino jr., Neko Case, & richard buckner are coming. Is this the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s or 2000s????

Best Memphis Spring Ever. Coming up.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 8:54 am

Mowed today. Spreader tomorrow.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 11:33 pm

doin yard work too, I need a mower.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 11:34 pm

i done told you you could borrow mine... grab it whenever. we had snakes in the grass!
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 1:14 am

Well, no spreader today, but did the second-pass mow, and edged. Spreader tomorrow, with a chance of trimming bushes. Trimming chance 40%.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 1:37 am

Lord, I need a mower too! I was just going to post that when saw uleeshuh (I keep meaning to tell you that forever I've been known as uhleesuh!) had already done that.
I really need a small engine repair guy, as I have a broken mower. Help!
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 1:57 am

sometimes jack stands reminds me of hank hill. in a good way.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:31 am

It's simple. I love my lawn. And it'll kick many other's lawn in all of Memphis. Just sayin'.
Where was that live album recorded, dirk? It just says NYC, and that's it.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 5:40 am

I love my lawn.

you like trimming bushes
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 1:31 pm

planted collard and mustard greens, swiss chard, cabbage and two different types of lettuce. It's my first time doing a full on vegtable garden so we'll see how round one goes.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:08 pm

continental divide, jack.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:14 pm

You know what kind of garden kicks ass in Memphis? The black plastic kind. Kind of cheating but we had several when I was a kid and damn, that humidity makes amazing tomatoes, melons, corn, pumpkins (are they melons?)...
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:15 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

Great stuff, Ned! Got me through the weekend.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:16 pm

I thought Pumpkins were squash?
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 5:19 pm

i can't wait to get to planting all the seeds for the flower garden. i am also throwing a pumpkin vine in the back because i want pumpkins! (for carving, making pies, and for tossing off of high places to make big messes).
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®