Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 6:12 pm

Big "small" catfish basket w/fries (not frozen) and hushpuppies (mmmm) & slaw.

need more veggies on the menu, but for starting out, not bad.

nice simple layout.

thumbs up!

now when is chris the wing king gonna be cooking?
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 6:21 pm

can't beat that location either! right next to my house! trying to get them to install a zip line that i can send orders over with clothes pins and get catfish and hushpuppies back through the window. hey if you go there knock on the door at the house next to it and say hi!
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 6:34 pm

hushpuppies (mmmm)
i can't wait, I think I'll walk there so I don't feel so guilty about eating fried food.
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 7:16 pm

Where is this place?
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 7:29 pm

cooper, almost to young.
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 8:12 pm

i was wondering what that place was gonna turn up like. i'll have to go there friday then. mmmm.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 9:34 pm

Went today. Cuban sandwich=awesome.
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 12:58 am | Edited by: Scott

I just finished the Cuban with a side of Hushpuppies. Pretty fuckin' good. Joe says the Memphis is alright too, but not as good as the Pork Roast sandwich at Quik Chek (or however the fuck they spell it). Of course, what is?
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 1:14 am

i thought you wanted shepherd's pie!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 10:03 am

I did until you told me about the Memphis sandwich. Then I got there and saw the Cuban. It's all over with now.
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 2:58 pm

p.s. another good pork sandwich is the "Havana" at the blue monkey. it's really fuckin good!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 4:54 pm

the "at the blue monkey" is the part i have a problem with.
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 6:01 pm

just had the cuban. not a bad sammy!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 10:27 pm

I must pledge my allegiance to anything with two kinds of pork. The Memphis is next.
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 10:27 pm | Edited by: cthort

Posted: Mar 25, 2006 10:27 pm

I must pledge my allegiance to anything with two kinds of pork. The Memphis is next.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 1:47 am

All us Squares along with some of our regular customers met for lunch today at Soul Fish. Yum! Everyone loved what they got, even the vegetarians! We can't wait to be in the neighborhood with them!
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 9:36 pm

i ate there when i was visiting drewsier and had a sampling of the memphis, cuban and the catfish. all were pretty damn tasty. the beer was COLD, too. but definitely two thumbs up on the hushpuppies and black-eyed peas.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 9:37 pm

oh and what is in cuban mayonaisse that makes it cuban?
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 9:38 pm

Life jackets.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 11:46 pm

The Cuban sandwich I had in South Beach Miami a couple of weeks ago was the worst I've ever had. Go figure.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 1:47 am

Maybe because real Cubans can no longer afford the rent in South Beach.
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 5:48 pm

i had a cuban there yesterday and it was some righteous shit. the fries werent that great. coleslaw was ok, but the cuban was killer. excellent toasted bread. it seems that they would have young fries there since the deli's fries are "famous".
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 4:09 am

I got my second catfish po boy in a week there last night. Yum. All I could suggest is to slather on just a bit more remoulade. Last night's was take-out. I was pleased to see the place was full on a Sunday night!
Posted: May 5, 2006 9:08 am

undefined
LOL I hear that. I haven't tried them yet, but after reading these posts' and seeing folks always there, I'm all over it. I'm right beside Young Ave Deli, so I should go there a bunch.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®