Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / u of m and the c-usa tournament
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 6:06 pm

so are we really going to have to sign up for timewarner's "sports tier" ($1.99 a month) just to be able to watch the tigers in the tourny?
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 11:20 pm

Hopefully some sports bar in town will be broadcasting it.

There's always radio...
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 12:10 am

well, what channel is it on if you have the sports tier? I can't find it!
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 12:16 am

Okay, I found it. It's digital 651.
CDR just sprained his ankle or something.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 3:03 am

If you don't have cable or sports tier, find a place with satellite. They'll have it ALL.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 3:30 am

Whew--glad we did so well in the first half!
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 1:16 pm

Yeah, that was a cakewalk. CDR just banged up his knee, and is okay.
Game today with Houston at 3:30.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 4:16 pm

Ryan just ordered the CSTV so I can DVR it while I am at work!!!!! Yeah!
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 5:15 pm

Today's game scares me...
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 5:28 pm

Cal on CDR from the CA:

"When I walked over I asked him if he heard a pop," Calipari said with a smile. "He said 'No,' and I said 'Well then get up you big baby and let's go.' He has rubber bands for legs, so hopefully it was a twisted knee."

At the time of that quote, Calipari was not sure of the diagnosis, and was waiting on the results of an MRI. Late Thursday, UofM officials confirmed it showed no damage, and said Douglas-Roberts is listed as "day-to-day."

Thank Jesus!!! It looked terrible in the Forum. He's about the only Tiger that can successfully dribble-drive. They better figure out some offensive strategy quick, cause when the 3s stop falling and and the steals aren't there, the Tigers are screwed. Post Dorsey, Coop, and Waki up for god's sakes, Cal! Run another play instead of the occasional weave!
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 5:53 pm

Cal! Run another play instead of the occasional weave!

THANK YOU.

Every team in the league needs to hear this--RUN INSIDE AND MOVE DAMMIT!
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 11:03 pm

Oh boy, this one's a nail biter...
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 11:22 pm

Breathing a bit easier...just a bit.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 11:38 pm

next!
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 11:43 pm

I'm a believer.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 1:33 am

TOTAL believer. That second half was simply killah. That is the team they are and they can be and WILL BE!!!!!!

Dorsey? Carney? Williams? Allen? Stellar play.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 2:00 am

Yeah, who is next? UAB again?
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 2:12 am

UTEP is fixing to take 3 free throws to tie the game with UAB. There's four seconds left.
Well, nevermind. UAB just won.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 3:06 am

Ah. UTEP's own Darius Washington Jr Moment. Maybe they will talk about that guy ad nauseum next season.

OK, hell of a game tomorrow! I will already be up by 6:30AM to get Ryan to work, so I'll do my yoga, start breaking out the vodka and OJ breakfast and watch the game by 8:45AM!
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 4:39 pm

It's ON!!!

Did anyone just see the clip from the 85 Oklahoma game that sent us to the Final Four? Keith Lee and Dana Kirk! And short shorts!
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 4:41 pm

Holy crap! They've come to play today!!

And fiery, they started the show with a total rerun of the Darius free throws!
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 4:45 pm

I am sure they did! Let's drink everytime they refer to it for the rest of the season (we shoulda been doing that all along).

It is awesome that the game was next day cos they are just continuing their intensity from last night.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 5:05 pm

Jesus F. Christ!!! This is SO exciting!! And I'm not even drinking yet!!
My heart did a big jump when Shawne just fell!
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 5:12 pm

I knew he'd get up! Damn, this is getting keerazy again. Good thing it is almost halftime so we can slow them down if they keep pulling crazy shit breaking into our lead.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 5:21 pm

I'm glad it's halftime cuz I'm fixin to have a heart attack. And with a ten point lead! Shawne W. is some awesomeness.
Squeaky guy makes me so nervous. He's playing with a coupla fouls, though, so that's good.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 5:29 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Squeaky is insane. He is rebounding like fucking Dorsey in there!!!! The Tigers MUST keep their heads clear and play with control to win this game as that is UAB's game--get under people's skin with wackadoodle insanely fast play.

And it won't hurt if Shawne keeps playing outta his head, Dorsey keeps up his role as Massive Beast (watch the over the back rebounding fouls!) and Washington doesn't get selfish. I really never worry about Carney anymore.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 5:32 pm

Washington's worrying me a bit. He's just off. I'm not too worried about that, though, Calipari has shown a ready willingness of late to pull him out quick.
CDR hasn't played has he? I haven't heard anything about his injury this morning.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 5:49 pm

i heard last night he might have to sit out a game as it is a sprain.

Washington always worries me. I can't wait until next year when Andre Allen is used a lot more. He is truly the better point. Washington is a great scorer, but b/c of that, he looks out too much for himself instead of watching the floor. Allen made so many sick moves involving his teammates last night that were so important.

Oh great 11 pt to 6 pt lead within 1 minute. SHIT.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 6:27 pm

Another tipple for Darius, fiery. Drink up!
Go Tigers!
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 6:33 pm

They played pretty danged good today. Shawne W. is like freaking Fred Astaire...Dorsey's a monster.
NUMBER 1 SEED FOR SURE!!!!
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 8:42 pm

Yeah, Williams and Rodney need to do a Gene Kelly-Fred Astaire ESPN commercial for their jokey NCAA commercial series.

Dorsey. On his way to being Ben Wallace. Watch.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®